• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

did we loose our EM?

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
i see 2 posts from EM's saying they are coming in to pick up slack, but i never heard anything about our EM going away?

did we loose our EM allready?

Kellgory

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Can we also get the EM Website updated on the sticky? The current one is no longer valid.

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
actually so am i now.

someone pull up a log to the fire and start spinning a tail for us uninformed!

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Can we also get the EM Website updated on the sticky? The current one is no longer valid.
dont the EMs have their own forum here on stratics?

does anyone have the address so we can update this?

why does mums cookies taste so good?

all questions that need answers.

Lord Gareth

UO Content Editor | UO Chesapeake & Rares News
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
Last time I checked into it they were checking to see if they can restore the Sonoma website. I am sure with the Database upgrade they had their hands full. I will politely ask for another update on the issue.

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
im all about starting unfounded romours.

so i heard they where caught with their hands in the cookie jar (mum's cookie jar), something about making and selling EM sash's on the blackmarket and using the money they got to buy blue bread and trade those for yew wine.

T

ThraximusZog

They should just get players to be seers again. The best RP and community events in the history of UO came from ppl like that.. INCLUDING..Pax Lair...Ironwood, Oasis,the Black Tower,ZOG and various other stuff you modern peeps wouldnt know about.

course this was before the era of "SUPER FRIENDS"..aka ppl given that much power now days would only help their friends over random and general people...greed ruins all.

*points 2 a hunter*

The Zog historian

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
They should just get players to be seers again. The best RP and community events in the history of UO came from ppl like that.. INCLUDING..Pax Lair...Ironwood, Oasis,the Black Tower,ZOG and various other stuff you modern peeps wouldnt know about.

course this was before the era of "SUPER FRIENDS"..aka ppl given that much power now days would only help their friends over random and general people...greed ruins all.

*points 2 a hunter*
Players? Oh, you mean like Jyden Caendryl, who played RP dead and went to Pacific as a seer, then abused his powers to grief and use exploits on Sonoma?

Birmingham, who made every quest about her with her foot-kissing friends? While everyone was actually risking SOMETHING to combat G'Thunk, wow, Zanagem al'Thor emoted nocking the arrow to kill the troll. I'm probably one of the few left who was at the YMCA when NecroLyte proved a point by kicking Rand's RP seed's behind. WL...now THAT was a guild.

For someone who's been on Sonoma for so long, you can never tell its history correctly. The "old days" were all about favoritism and scripted quests, and it was inevitable when any single player was given the power to create items, mobiles and scenarios. But you are partially correct in that players did make the best RP -- doing what they could within game mechanics available to normal players.