• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Did they make ancient wyrms tougher?

M

mookin1

I used to be able to kill ancient wyrms using 2 dragons and a lot of healing, i just tried to take one on with my Cu sidhe and it almost killed my pet in a few seconds, i had to jump on it and ride of or it would have been dead almost immediately. I thought i've seen people claim Cu sidhes can down ancient wyrms by themselves? Or was it another pet?

I

imported_Hinotori

Cu's are the wrong pet to take against and AW since the cu has low fire resist. Try a hiryu. My personal favorite thing is to take a pack or ossies or hellhounds and laugh manically as the they shred the AW in under 10 seconds. I don't even bother peacing the thing anymore, I just disco it.

M

mookin1

Is it supposed to be a really hard fight using a hiryu against the ancient wyrm? I had to heal like crazy and it did come close to dying at one point.

I saw someone claiming that they had a hiryu that could down an ancient wyrm without healing and end the fight with half health left, is that just a lie?

I

imported_Sarphus

<blockquote><hr>

Is it supposed to be a really hard fight using a hiryu against the ancient wyrm? I had to heal like crazy and it did come close to dying at one point.

I saw someone claiming that they had a hiryu that could down an ancient wyrm without healing and end the fight with half health left, is that just a lie?

[/ QUOTE ]

hiryu can ahve 70/90 physical/fire... they are excellent for killing fire breathers.

F

frodofeet

I use my Cu Sidhe to kill AW's when doing lvl6 maps. It gets easier with practice... but I have to chain vet him, and I go through about 50 or so bandies before the AW is dead.

Also, it gets more difficult when the AW gets to about 10% health it will chain heal itself and take flight. This makes your pet run around after it, so you need to be quick with the heals. My Cu is 2xGM and 90's everything else, so you might have more luck once your Cu is trained a bit?

I've also used my Mare/Rune combo and they kill AW's quicker (although I still need to vet a lot). So I can recommend this if your Cu is having a tough time