• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Did they fix the damagers on Pets?

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
  • Pet Training AI: Poison AIs now properly use the poisoning skill of the pet.
  • Pet AI: Scaled up damage on the following special moves: Cold Wind, Steal Life, and Raging Breath.
Did they make Cold wind and Steal Life work better?

Did they mean Raging Breath? Angry Fire is the one that did not do anything. It has a graphic now and I think it is doing damage on an Arctic Ogre Lord with 5 Fire resist. But it is not a lot for 5 resist. So I dont want to say Angry Fire does damage until someone else confirms.

• Pet AI: Conductive Blast now deals damage after the resistance de-buff is applied.

Not sure what that means exactly but CB only lasts 3 - 4 seconds still. And does not do very often. Used a Cu with AI/CB only. Mana dropped like crazy.

• Pet Training: Corrected issue where selecting Special Abilities would prevent the selection of magical abilities.

I dont know what this means... What pet type was this happening on? Magic is always available on the Pet types I use.

Thanks

Put Put

Visitor
I have a cu with steal life Ive always regretted, but he was noticably killing sphinxs now with no mastery running and never dropped below 90%.

Khyro

Sage
Stratics Veteran
  • Pet Training AI: Poison AIs now properly use the poisoning skill of the pet.
  • Pet AI: Scaled up damage on the following special moves: Cold Wind, Steal Life, and Raging Breath.
Did they make Cold wind and Steal Life work better?

Did they mean Raging Breath? Angry Fire is the one that did not do anything. It has a graphic now and I think it is doing damage on an Arctic Ogre Lord with 5 Fire resist. But it is not a lot for 5 resist. So I dont want to say Angry Fire does damage until someone else confirms.
Results taken against a 0 resist target:

Cold Wind
Single Target
Cold Damage
- 10 initial Damage
- 5 ticks of 14 damage
- 80 damage Total

Worth 100 points? Probably not.
Is it better on Frost Mites that come with it innately? Yes.

Steal Life
Single Target
Energy Damage
- 45 Initial Damage
- 5 Ticks of 5 Damage
- 70 Damage Total
Heals for 100% of Damage Done

Worth 100 points? Possibly on the right pet.

The 100% life returned is nice, but remember that is damage done after resists. Against resist heavy targets you will be healing very little, but it will ultimately make some pets a little more tanky/sustainable.

Angry Fire
Single Target
Fire Damage
Observed hitting for a range of 50-81 Damage.

Worth 100 points? Probably not. There is no debuff component, and while the ability procs on normal hits (so can act as a double-hit in a way), it doesn't scale up in damage with a pet's stats.

I would suggest picking up Inferno over Angry Fire 100% of the time. I observed Inferno hitting for nearly the same damage (46-79), in addition to debuffing the Fire Resist of the target hit by 25% of current for 6s.

Raging Breath
Single Target
Fire Damage
- 20 Initial Damage
- 10 Ticks of 10 Damage
- 120 Total Damage

Worth 100 points? Maybe. It does more damage than Angry Fire, but it is damage over time instead of burst. I would still go with Inferno over Raging Breath, just for the debuff.

• Pet AI: Conductive Blast now deals damage after the resistance de-buff is applied.

Not sure what that means exactly but CB only lasts 3 - 4 seconds still. And does not do very often. Used a Cu with AI/CB only. Mana dropped like crazy.
They added a small damage component to the Conductive Blast debuff. In my testing against a 0 resist target, this hit for only 10 damage. The 50% Energy Debuff still applied for 4 seconds.

Last edited:

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Thanks. Thats the ranges I saw on ogre with angry fire. But in cc it is not easy to tell if it was a normal hit or AI. 50s and an 80.

So they do some damage but we still can't beat AI /chic.

Oh well. The Inferno is still the best fire. Could help at Medusa because the mage cast fire and the archers use consicrate.

Thanks

railshot

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Results taken against a 0 resist target:

Cold Wind
Single Target
Cold Damage
- 10 initial Damage
- 5 ticks of 14 damage
- 80 damage Total

Worth 100 points? Probably not.
Is it better on Frost Mites that come with it innately? Yes.
Thank you for testing and for sharing the results, Khyro. How do you mean CW is better on Frost Mites? It does more damage than on other pets? Or you mean it's no longer a forced waste of mana it was before?

Khyro

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Thank you for testing and for sharing the results, Khyro. How do you mean CW is better on Frost Mites? It does more damage than on other pets? Or you mean it's no longer a forced waste of mana it was before?
The latter. Since they are forced to have it, and it previously did very little (I think 1-2 damage) it was essentially a waste of mana. It's still not a very good ability in my opinion, but at least now it does more damage.

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The latter. Since they are forced to have it, and it previously did very little (I think 1-2 damage) it was essentially a waste of mana. It's still not a very good ability in my opinion, but at least now it does more damage.
Back when Pub 97 was first on TC, i had asked one of the devs to make Cold Wind apply a Cold Resist debuff to the opponent to make it worth it, like how Inferno lowers Fire Resist, and Conductive Blast lowers Energy Resist. Since Frost Mites deal 100% Cold Damage, and innately start with Cold Wind, it would've made it amazing. They didn't implement it though :(