• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Did My Silver Coins Vanish?

K

kscorp

After years of UO, I guess I should be numb to strange issues.
Today I decided that the pile of silver coins I have in the bank I should move to my house. I started with 10,000 Silver coins and recalled to my house. Locked the coins on the steps double checking they locked down. Head back to bank for another pile and arrive back to my plot to drop them on the locked down pile that I just placed.

:sad3: The Pile that I just locked down on my steps is not to be seen:sad3:

I use the all names shift + ctrl and they do not show. Now I do have items locked down on my steps with no issue, IE rubble coconut tree, Lamp post and Sherry the mouse.
I figured maybe its fell under the steps and I try to use my circle of transparency but that does not work on steps.
Having something like this happen years ago I page GM in hopes that someone may see the 10k pile of silver coins under the steps and help me out.

While I started to type this I see the second pile of 10k silver get moved out of my house onto the ground. GM doing his tricks :) So I type to Truji GM and mention that was a pile I had no problem with and the other pile is under steps.
Truji then said : Let me see what I can find.
:) all of a sudden another 10k piled appeared on the ground :)
I Say Thank you Truji for putting me at rest.

I just had to post this as this silver was not easy for myself to obtain over the years and having it just go poof was a bit of a bummer.
Always reading on the boards that the UO service is questionable I had to post a KUDOS to Truji. GM Still do Exist. :thumbup1:

L

love2winalot

They posted someplace last week that a old bug was back, and any new items locked down on any stairs might dissapear. I had a gaza mat dissapear inside by my stairs. Good thing i did not place my dragon head there.

L

LadyArden

You're really lucky to have gotten a nice GM. When my liche statue dissapeared on me similarly the other day, I asked for help locating it not replacing it and I still got the canned response "we do not replace items".

Glad SOMEONE out there still acts as a kindly GM.