• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Did I do it wrong?

Blargety

Journeyman
I turned in about 10 bulk order deeds today for blacksmithing. All were Dull Copper or Shadow Iron ingots. I didn’t get any gold for rewards, nor did I get a single Powder of Fort. I also did not gain any fame, just got prompted for turn in rewards.

Did I do something wrong?

Sweetpeez

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Yooz only git gold fur da big large BODs now. Fur da PoF, da dull copper wunz need to beez 20 ex - nerg sure aboot da shadow wunz. Yooz also hab to choose da reward now - yooz dun gitz auto like before da changez. Az fur da fame, meez tinkz yooz still gitz sum but nerg uh message. Yooz jus hab to check yooz fame lebel after each wun und see.

https://uo.com/wiki/ultima-online-wiki/skills/blacksmithing/blacksmith-bulk-orders/

Da above page hab uh great great chart fur which BOD yooz need fur each reward. (Dat site also hab uh page like dat fur each skill.)

Planters

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
I bet you bank the points. You have choices to bank or spend the points. If you don’t want the reward just bank/save points but if you wanted the rewards then spend and claim reward. You can’t turn in another bod till you claim reward. So now go and single click blacksmith and claim reward I bet you have like 10.2 points or something

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
It sounds like you didn't read through the new BOD format before turning the BODs in. If you look, there was a new line added.

Look in a BOD for a choice that reads one of

• Bank points automatically
  • Banking points disabled
  • (another line about prompting for banking I forget exact text of, off the top of my head)

You want to click through that until you get to the "disabled" line, if you want to choose your reward.

The money rewards for going straight to claiming, for small BODs at least, is now 3 gold per point of the BOD, for most BODs. I'm not sure what the gold levels are for larges. Fame is (points/50, squared)

If you claim a lower reward than the BOD value, you may only get the gold and fame of that reward point cost.

Also, if you have banking disabled, the system PREVENTS YOU from turning in another BOD until you claim a reward with the points you just collected. That you were able to turn in 10 BODs in a row pretty much confirms you had point banking turned on (and banking only banks 2% of a small's points, or 20% of an LBOD, so you would have had to have turn in FIFTY of those BODs that way to get one POF).

Blargety

Journeyman
Thanks for all the help. Managed to get the situation shorted and figured out what my dumhed Makr did wrong.

Hoowah makrs of UO!