• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Did Gregorio get better at pitchforking?

Laura_Gold

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
He's hitting my grandmaster wrestling/parry pet regularly. I don't remember him being this good at forking.

... and did Consume Damage get a nerf? Gregorio is going to kill my pet even with Consume Damage running.

Yes, these are fresh Gregorios, not ones that someone else already skilled up.

Also noting that the unbounds are close to the crazed mage and they didn't used to be.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
He is the same as always on LS. No damage to pet. Unbound Vortexes are heavy pet damagers unless the pet has Energy resist. The only 2 slot or less pet I take to those are Tritons.

How did you spawn a new Gregorio? Open the paperdoll, how worn is the weapon? Sometimes it breaks if he is used a lot. I dont know if that would matter. A GM Gregorio does not damage pets.

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
You can Disarm Gregorio with either a dexxer, or a pet (i use a Wrest Mastery pet for this). His unarmed punches deal no damage.
There's a few ways to kill Gregorio even if you're not on the quest, but i'm loathe to say them due to griefers wanting to ruin Gregorio training.

Laura_Gold

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
How did you spawn a new Gregorio
Kill the previous one using one of the methods that PlayerSkillFTW didn't say.

It's bizarre. My pet is grandmaster in all combat skills except meditation. Gregorio is hitting my pet, not constantly but regularly for 9-12 damage, and often enough that without me bandaging or greater healing, Gregorio would eventually kill the pet.

UO_GregorioKills.jpg

Turkish

Journeyman
Your pet has Rage, right? Maybe it has something to do with that, at least on the consume damage. I remember reading that rage reduces the effects of healing spells.

Is this happening to any other untrained pets?

Khaelor

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
... and did Consume Damage get a nerf? Gregorio is going to kill my pet even with Consume Damage running.
In the screenshot you show yourself invis and with a caster mastery active, so you were not running consume damage, at least in your example. Gregario can kill a nonadvanced animal training pet without consume.

As for unbounds, their spawn area ranges and they wander, you can occasionally get one to respawn in the Crazed mage area.

Laura_Gold

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I was running Consume another time. The result is similar even with Consume running. The pet seems to get only 2-4 HP regen from Consume and it's not enough.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The other day I saw a player on Gregorio. He had a a cat that was fighting Gregorio and the player was wrestling Gregorio. I put my pet on Gregorio but I did't stay there more than 2 hours because my pet kept coming off. Gregorio was armed the whole time.

I did not lore the cat.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Also noting that the unbounds are close to the crazed mage and they didn't used to be.
I thought you meant close as in being able to use them for training like the Crazy Mage.

The NOOBs on LS move the stuff around all the time. You have to be careful when you recall in. They will have the Burning mage in that area sometimes. No telling what they do there with their messed up Mites. :)
Learning how to lead things away or to a spot is a skill you use often in UO.

Laura_Gold

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Here's a newer picture with another pet, you can see that I am running Consume Damage.
Now, SirFrancis Drake isn't skilled up like Tusky, but I would think that Consume Damage should work well enough to compensate, and it sure doesn't.
This is Baja. Both of the Gregorios are wailing on my pets, and I've tested with pets of two different characters now.

I am going to pout. I am pouting now.

UO_GregorioKillsDrake.jpg

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The Ks have pets there I dont.
Did someone complain about players using Gregorio for pet skilling? Maybe the Devs did something like they did when ppl complained about afk tamers in Blackthorns a few years ago.

I only use him for completed pets to skill the magics so I do not know what he does to Flappys. Maybe that Gregorio is like me and wants them all dead. :devil: