• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

(Question) Did anyone loot an IDOC today?

Nanny

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Im screwed! I got a new house on Sunday the 20th and was going to move my things from my old house today, the 23rd. I logged in and my old house is gone! 3 days? I thought it was 7 days for houses to fall?

I lost a soulstone and my Shard Shields that I just got along with a guildmates house teleporter tile that I was going to use to move. All the other items/resourced can be replaced. I need your help!

Thank you,
Nanny

DreadLord Lestat

Forum Moderator
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
That sucks man. IDOCs have been screwy for a while and I think they sped up the timer on houses if you placed another house. I hate that they made soulstones worth clean-up points because hardly anyone keeps them anymore. I hope you get your important stuff back.

dlo88

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
If you can post the location of the idoc and the coordinates that might help?

Nanny

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Doesnt matter now. Found who got it and they said they "tossed" the shard shields and SS and sold the rest and "gl". Wow

Bombastic Fail

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The kid's name on forums is @coal

He posted about making idoc teams here...

looking for more idoc hunters

Hope that kid stays in tram bc he's made an enemy to UHOH across 5 shards now. Be glad we don't know your in game characters yet.

Also, I would strongly advise people to stay away from associating with him bc he is clearly greedy, selfish, and looking out for himself only.

Thanks chessy players!!

Nanny

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
And thanks to awesome UO game mechanics for allowing houses to fall earlier than theyre supposed to and for not allowing account bound items like shard shields move to a players bank when their house does fall. Ruining my UO experience.

cazador

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well looks like I'm going to have to go back to 1997 incognito Tactics again. Suddenly I've just become a newbie IDOC hunter in search of friends. Time to get your houses looted ladies.. stay sharp! I'm good at it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cazador

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
And thanks to awesome UO game mechanics for allowing houses to fall earlier than theyre supposed to and for not allowing account bound items like shard shields move to a players bank when their house does fall. Ruining my UO experience.
Post up the in game names you know in vent in comment.

cazador

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Im screwed! I got a new house on Sunday the 20th and was going to move my things from my old house today, the 23rd. I logged in and my old house is gone! 3 days? I thought it was 7 days for houses to fall?

I lost a soulstone and my Shard Shields that I just got along with a guildmates house teleporter tile that I was going to use to move. All the other items/resourced can be replaced. I need your help!

Thank you,
Nanny
Let me know when you're on..your stuff has been saved..

Nanny

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You gotta thank the best IDOCer in UO for being a stand up guy and not being a ****** nozzle

Not ready to do that yet. He did keep a whole lot of other stuff that I was planning to use. But oh well.

JohnJay1900

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
I Normally Don't post on the forums but to get mad cause someone looted your Fallen house is a bit absurd considering you knowingly placed another house when you currently had one so shame on you for coming here and posting negative things about something you did to yourself.. Now that being said I personally would have kept those items just in case someone came back and needed them But obviously not everyone is the same . But I happen to have looted a House this weekend on Chessy and did get a few Soulstones... I forget the names off the top of my head but if you ICQ or Pm me here and i can see if i possibly have one or more of your Soulstones. Or possibly can even maybe help you with some of the other items lost.

ICQ # 606871475

cazador

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I Normally Don't post on the forums but to get mad cause someone looted your Fallen house is a bit absurd considering you knowingly placed another house when you currently had one so shame on you for coming here and posting negative things about something you did to yourself.. Now that being said I personally would have kept those items just in case someone came back and needed them But obviously not everyone is the same . But I happen to have looted a House this weekend on Chessy and did get a few Soulstones... I forget the names off the top of my head but if you ICQ or Pm me here and i can see if i possibly have one or more of your Soulstones. Or possibly can even maybe help you with some of the other items lost.

ICQ # 606871475
Well I mean I do agree with your sentiment. However we are literally like a 5,000 person community at this point and anyone who would throw someone stuff away out of spite is lame as fk! Just my 2¢..he did get his most valuable items back.

DreadLord Lestat

Forum Moderator
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED

ICQ # 606871475
All he was upset about was that the person who looted the IDOC was going to toss the soulstones and shard shields for points. He was not worried about the other stuff as he said in the original post, it was replaceable. You cannot replace shard shields or lost skills.

Nanny

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

ICQ # 606871475
Thank you for your input. I wasnt mad because the house got looted. I was upset because it fell so quickly. I thought I had 7 days to move but apparently I only had 2 and a half. Also when trying to track down the looted items, I was told they had been trashed, which would obviously upset anyone including yourself had this happened to you. And rightfully so.

Speranza

Slightly Crazed
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thank you for your input. I wasnt mad because the house got looted. I was upset because it fell so quickly. I thought I had 7 days to move but apparently I only had 2 and a half. Also when trying to track down the looted items, I was told they had been trashed, which would obviously upset anyone including yourself had this happened to you. And rightfully so.
Pretty sure they randomized IDOC timers in an attempt to.... who the hell knows it's Broadsword :(

cazador

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
you think UO has 5,000 members Army? Seems about 4000 high to me.
I don't know it would have to be around there to still be online no? At least 5-8k with multiple accounts and such. I don't think more than 2500 players but at least that many accounts.

Ox_AO

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
toss the soulstones and shard shields for points
Lowering the house decay time was designed against people that doesn't keep up with ever new rule in the game. it was rude. Some rules shouldn't change that was one of them. Raising it makes more sense to me.

I save soulstones but they are worth a lot of points intentionally. Primary items if the house is on slightly warn i would pick them up right then and there or don't start decay. There was a bug a while back lost a boat in less then two days which has the same decay rules as houses. Many years ago there was a story I heard of a house going down in less then a day. The idea has been every decay change (from slightly to somewhat warn) there is a chance it can skip. Two or three skips it could be gone in a day.

Last edited: