• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Did anybody else notice?

G

With yesterday's update and new splash screen, empty spots on our accounts now read "Create a New Avatar" instead of "Sim". Guess the separation from "The Sims" franchise is becoming more complete. Not that I dislike either change, but that hadn't caught my eye yesterday because I was on an account that didnt' have any available spots.

M

Monkeybear

I didnt notice but I did notice that the mail we get from EA now says EA-Land instead of The Sims Online and it shows the ugly EAL logo instead of TSO

G

I noticed that too, though I am apparently in the minority that thinks the new logo is pretty
. Hubby has said more than once that I should have been born in the 60s instead of the 70s cuz I am a natural Flower Child

G

<blockquote><hr>

With yesterday's update and new splash screen, empty spots on our accounts now read "Create a New Avatar" instead of "Sim". Guess the separation from "The Sims" franchise is becoming more complete. Not that I dislike either change, but that hadn't caught my eye yesterday because I was on an account that didnt' have any available spots.

[/ QUOTE ]

they can call us avatars all they want .. WE are still SIMS in my eyes.. an i will not call my sim a avatar.. sounds too much like SL &gt;&gt;S.A.S&lt;&lt;

I

imported_DutchAmerica

LOL At first when I saw it, my first thought was "OH GREAT! what did I do wrong this time!"

That screen is awesome though! I must be getting used to the word Avatar cause I didn't notice it.

Did you see the little red "EAland" dot on your desktop icon?

J

jafo1972

I noticed that it says things like "this Avatar is not in property." They are trying to distinguish this game from The Sims Online, which a number of people felt was a failure. It's like Ford renaming the poor-selling Five Hundred to use the better selling Taurus name. Nothing has really changed, it's just name association.

I

imported_MattelMichele

It's also all over the sim "avatar" bio screen in TC3. Avatar skills, avatar needs...yada yada...

G

<blockquote><hr>

It's also all over the sim "avatar" bio screen in TC3. Avatar skills, avatar needs...yada yada...

[/ QUOTE ]

Huh? I'm in TC3 now and I don't see any difference on the bio screen?

Also, they've still gotta change some of the stuff on the needs bar. Like when you hover over Hygiene the pop-up still says "When a Sim's gotta go, a Sim's gotta go". Minor detail, but it wouldn't surprise me to see that be changed too, unless there's a reason within the coding that it *can't* be changed.

G

Ford renaming the poor-selling Five Hundred

EA could have treated TSO like Ford treated the Edsel.

G

Did anyone notice the change to the EA Land logo when the game is loaded and you tab out of game, it's a new logo they made? It's a lot different?

J

jafo1972

<blockquote><hr>

Ford renaming the poor-selling Five Hundred

EA could have treated TSO like Ford treated the Edsel.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is true.

K

knotter02

i was wondering does anybody know if they are gonna change the icon on the desktop?

T

TKSpeedy1

My TSOClient desktop icon changed to an EALand icon...that's it..just the TSOClient. Patch is still the TSO icon, which I thought was weird.

I

imported_MattelMichele

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Also, they've still gotta change some of the stuff on the needs bar. Like when you hover over Hygiene the pop-up still says "When a Sim's gotta go, a Sim's gotta go". Minor detail, but it wouldn't surprise me to see that be changed too, unless there's a reason within the coding that it *can't* be changed.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry Carrie
what i meant to say was that it was all over the bio &amp; relationship web. i must have been out of it this morning

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry Carrie
what i meant to say was that it was all over the bio &amp; relationship web. i must have been out of it this morning

[/ QUOTE ]

D'oh! Now I see what you meant, I hadnt hovered over the button for profile and skills the way I did the needs ones, so I didn't see that

Oh well, that tells me that the ones I mentioned will probably be soon to follow, unless that coding *cannot* be changed since it's identical to what used to be on the TS1 needs window. I bet they could change it to, when they get around to it

A

ayla02

Not using avatar...I'm a lazy typer!!!!!! I will always have sims or toons!

D

donnallg

<blockquote><hr>

My TSOClient desktop icon changed to an EALand icon...that's it..just the TSOClient. Patch is still the TSO icon, which I thought was weird.

[/ QUOTE ]

Neither of mine have changed.