• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Diamond Wedding Band Question

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Hi all!

I have an uninsurable gold-colored Diamond Wedding Band that I need to transfer.

First....how old is it? I cannot insure it but I don't know what that means.

Second...can I transfer it? I know there are some things you can't and I don't want to lose it.

Thanks!

1638889595594.png

Miss Twilight Eyes

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Usually if things can't be insured, it means they are the super old version of blessed but probably also can't be locked down. (I still have all of my newbie blessed daggers/scissors and a ton of the really old newbie blessed clothes. Some of the gifts from 1997 couldn't be locked down either.)

I transfer a character regularly who has newbie blessed scissors/dagger on her. Works fine.

I would GUESS it will be ok for the ring as well, but it's just a guess.

Dryzzid of Atlantic

Lore Master
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
They were craftable at one time by tinkers. 2000ish? You sometimes see the bugged versions like "50000 diamond weddingband", at first you could target a stack of gems, then they changed it to just one. That is also the origin of the tree ornament weddingband. I think they did away with them when they introduced the Magic Moments program and you got custom wedding rings. Prior to the weddingbands, you had to get married by someone from the Interest (seers, troubadours) team to receive a ring. If it is a newbified item, you won't be able to lock it down. But pick it up quick as it will decay in 15 seconds on the ground. You can, however, lock a container down and put it in the container and it will lock down.

Last edited:

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
So it turns out it is a newbified item, I was able to transfer it but I cannot lock it down.

Thank you for all the help!