• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

DI is still fishy after the update of TC1 saturday.Probability list for properties?!?!

G

Hi there,

something is still fishy about the DI property.

My small test included 40 warforks made from Valorite hammer and with 100 arms lore.

It seems that DI property is to common.
I made 40 warforks and only 9 of them had only 40 DI from excep+arms lore bonus.
My highest was 55DI warfork.
Maybe it is just RNG that is playing with my mind...again .

Regards
The Scandinavian

G

Hi again,

when I checked limits fort properties it seems that max DI should be 50.

But I made several above 50 with 55 as the highest.

Regards
The Scandinavian

I

imported_dexdash

i could be wrong on this but with arms lore and except bounus every wep you make exceptional will have 40 di everything over that is added by the hammer

G

It sounds like they moved the AL application code to after the runic property assignment.

assign Exceptional DI to current weapon(0 -> 35)
add AL bonus to current weapon DI(35 + 5)
if Runic Property DI < Exceptional DI then re-roll Runic Property
assign current weapon with the max of current weapon DI or Runic Property DI(40 -> 50)

to

assign Exceptional DI to current weapon(0 -> 35)
if Runic Property DI < Exceptional DI then re-roll Runic Property
assign current weapon with the max of current weapon DI or Runic Property DI(35 -> 50)
add AL bonus to current weapons DI(50 + 5)

or something along those lines...

G

I asked Leurocian, and he says we're not considering that a bug - it's a bonus! (Since the global DI cap is so easy to hit via so many methods, and extra 5 or 6% DI is not a huge balance concern.)

I will change the documentation to reflect this when the patch goes live - keeping up with new patches is a major New Year's resolution of mine

Theo_GL

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
<blockquote><hr>

My small test included 40 warforks made from Valorite hammer and with 100 arms lore.

It seems that DI property is to common.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, there are about 30 diff mods on a melee weapon. A val hammer is selecting 5 properties.

Thats roughly a 1/6 chance to get DI. You should expect 40/6 = 6 to have DI. The fact that you got 29 seems high.

However, some mods DO seem to be rarer than others. I'm not sure if there is a 'rareness' table behind runic rolls. Maybe someone else can run a test of 100 weapons and post mod results?

G

<blockquote><hr>

However, some mods DO seem to be rarer than others. I'm not sure if there is a 'rareness' table behind runic rolls. Maybe someone else can run a test of 100 weapons and post mod results?

[/ QUOTE ]

This is correct. We weight particular item properties to appear on items more often than others (for loot and runic item creation). And damage increase happens to be one of those properties that is weighted to appear more often.

G

Interesting...

I don't suppose we could get a list of the item properties w/ weights... Weapons &amp; Armor...

I'm a number/stat dork...

Setnaffa

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

This is correct. We weight particular item properties to appear on items more often than others (for loot and runic item creation). And damage increase happens to be one of those properties that is weighted to appear more often.

[/ QUOTE ]Wow! That is big news! Any chance we could have a peek at the chances of each type of property?

I

imported_Coldren

<blockquote><hr>

Wow! That is big news! Any chance we could have a peek at the chances of each type of property?

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed.. VERY big news.. I though it was completely random what properties you got..

Along with the chances of each being weight, are there weight COMBINATIONS of properties, like Leech Life and Leech Mana on the same item that are less likely to appear?

I thought it took a while to get a weapon with LL/ML on it on TC this weekend.... This a new feature, or just good luck before?

I

imported_athos_uo

Chrome has once posted his data:

Chrome's post

<blockquote><hr>

Property appearance rate in using runic tool.
These are intended or not ?
Following data is checked in publish43.

&lt;weapons1 : smith or carpentry&gt;
bronze runic 1000times, total 3000properties. DI isn't selected for lower intensity.
hit dmg. spells : 181 times
hit area : 28
hit life leech : 183
hit stamina leech : 184
hit mana leech : 180
hit lower attack : 81
hit lower def. : 203
luck : 159
spell channelling : 194
faster cast : 183
mage weapon : 189
slayer : 191
hit chance inc. : 163
def. chance inc. : 157
swing speed inc. : 195
best weapon's skill : 183
damage conversion : 173
AR+ : 26
FR+ : 45
CR+ : 28
PR+ : 43
ER+ : 31

hit area and resist+ are quite few. hit lower attack is lower than other properties.

&lt;weapons2 : fletching&gt;
heartwood runic fletching 500times, total 2000properties.
hit dmg. spells : 88 times
hit area : 7
hit life leech : 120
hit stamina leech : 109
hit mana leech : 103
hit lower attack : 49
hit lower def. : 97
luck : 126
spell channelling : 102
faster cast : 115
mage weapon : 104
slayer : 116
hit velocity : 129
balanced : 119
hit chance inc. : 105
def. chance inc. : 13
swing speed inc. : 103
damage increase : 180 (36%~ : 142, 35%: 5, clearly disappear : 33)
damage conversion : 113
AR+ : 25
FR+ : 20
CR+ : 20
PR+ : 18
ER+ : 19

hit area, resist+ and def chance inc. are quite few. hit lower attack is lower than other properties.

&lt;armor : smith, tailor and carpentry&gt;
valorite runic 600times, total 3000properties.
self repair : 166 times
HP+ : 182
Stamina+ : 191
mana+ : 192
HP regene : 55
Stamina regene : 43
Mana regene : 174
Night sight : 106
luck : 187
reflect physical dam. : 197
lower mana cost : 183
lower reagant cost : 174
mage armor : 196
AR+ : 185
FR+ : 191
CR+ : 190
PR+ : 191
ER+ : 197

HP regene and Stamina regene are quite few. Nightsight is lower than other properties.

[/ QUOTE ]

S

Sergul'zan_SP

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

So Leurocian...let's have a talk,

How about some craftable 1/2's and 1/3's for tinkers?

G

Hi Jeremy,

I was away for my comp all night yesterday.
It was my turn to tuck Elvin in to bed and needed to work from home after that.

I dont mind the increase of DI at all.

Thank you.

But I dont like the non rarity of DI property.

Regards
The Scandinavian

G

Ähum,

we really would like to see that list of probaility for the different properties.

And just to make sure you understand why I dont like the DI property.
We get 40 DI for free so I consider the roll of DI property above 40 to be actually a "lost" property.

Lost in the meaning that I much rather have any other property insteda of a few points more DI.The new feature that make the max at least 55 is ofcourse not bad.

The best thing with home cooked weapon is that we brave smiths get an extra property,6 instead of max 5 from looted weapons.Until now that is because it seems that we will most of the time get only 5 now.

Regards
The Scandinavian

Theo_GL

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
<blockquote><hr>

Wow! That is big news! Any chance we could have a peek at the chances of each type of property?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, it seems like we are starting to get to the bottom of some of the crafting mysteries after all these years.

Have we died and gone to UO Heaven?

I have another question Leuro while we are getting all our questions answered - who killed JFK? ;-)

G

Good question,

but I will be satisfied with the "probability to roll property"list.

Regards
The Scandinavian

G

Hi,

I guess you have all woken up now in the west.
This brave smith have been up for along time and just to make sure this thread wont die because of time difference I bring it up again.

Next week Im sure that we, the brave smiths, will dissapear in the fog again.

About the probability for all the different properties any chance you can just get it out in the light where we can see it?

Or at least put DI on the normal probabilty and not in the more often group.

Regards
The Scandinavian

G

<blockquote><hr>

Along with the chances of each being weight, are there weight COMBINATIONS of properties, like Leech Life and Leech Mana on the same item that are less likely to appear?

[/ QUOTE ]

No. To my knowledge, we don't currently weight combinations of properties.

G

<blockquote><hr>

I have another question Leuro while we are getting all our questions answered - who killed JFK? ;-)

[/ QUOTE ]

If I revealed this information, I wouldn't be able to work on UO anymore. I would no longer be known as Patrick "Leurocian" Malott.

*thinks he's seen Bourne Ultimatum one too many times*

G

And about probabilitylist for properties?

Regards
The Scandinavian

G

And you still have time to decrease runic intensities,please.

Regards
The Scandinavian