• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Dexterity on a pet is useless correct?

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Since it's not tied to stamina beyond 150, it has no function, right? The only things that factor dex in are stamina level, healing with bandages speed, and parry requirements as far as I know.

Cetric

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Only thing I can think of is cu sidhe bandage healing unless there some sneaky damage or something tied to it

railshot

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
It factors into running speed even beyond the 150 cap. So if it's PvP pet, if it's non-mount pet, or if your tamer is a Garg, then it's still good to overcap it.

I Love Girls

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It factors into running speed even beyond the 150 cap. So if it's PvP pet, if it's non-mount pet, or if your tamer is a Garg, then it's still good to overcap it.
Not trying to sound rude but can you confirm this info from somewhere? I just want to check my pet is currently at 125... not sure what the formula is....

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
If it has no factor then why would UO have MOBs with Dex and Stam well over 150?

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
I thought you wanted it over capped a little bit in the event you get cursed, you have a little buffer.

railshot

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Not trying to sound rude but can you confirm this info from somewhere? I just want to check my pet is currently at 125... not sure what the formula is....
You can search these forums for all the PvPers complaining about phoenixes with high dex being able to catch mounted players.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Its so cheap to make 150. Just do it, just in case it matters. Your pet will be walking while fighting once its 5 slot.

Goapirat

Visitor
A Rune Beetle hast high dex and has high runspeed.
Infos to it from uoguide :

Rune Beetle
Due to it's very high dexterity, this pet can move at lightning speed - often jumping off the screen to attack before you register an enemy presence.

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Its so cheap to make 150. Just do it, just in case it matters. Your pet will be walking while fighting once its 5 slot.
I don't use any 5 slot pets, so maybe it's worth the slightly faster walking.

Eric Ravenwind

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I always thought the higher the dexterity was, the faster the creature/player would swing/attack?

Cetric

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
What do you mean? does a pets walking speed change once its a 5-slot that i didn't know about?

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
What do you mean? does a pets walking speed change once its a 5-slot that i didn't know about?
Just going by what people say about the Phoenix walking fast because of dex. I read it on the internet so it must be true.

Turbo

Adventurer
Walking speed does seem to be linked to dex. A fresh tame with low dex follows really slowly but once it is upgraded to 125/150 it is much faster. This also explains why paragons are so fast they always have real high dex.

Angel

Adventurer
I had a 317 and a 312 Dex Phoenixes, bonded and trained. They were speed demons, they kept up with my running Gargoyle. No problem. Til they Nerfed Dex.
Nothing can have more than 150 Dex.
Everything got the Nerf stick :(
I always train 150/150 Stamina,150 Dex.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Since it's not tied to stamina beyond 150, it has no function, right? The only things that factor dex in are stamina level, healing with bandages speed, and parry requirements as far as I know.

Not useless. Triceratops is really slow at 88 dex. 15 points for 150 dex and it walks faster and rubber bands to you a lot.

skett

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I tested this on two nightmares left one at 125 then set Dex to 150 on the other huge difference and I changed Stam to 150 I didn't notice a difference on that on either

I Love Girls

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
How as far as stam goes... does that affect how often a physical attacked is carried out (bite dismount mortal) etc...

Phantasmagorian

Sage
Supporter
dex = swing speed... beyond a doubt,.. I have many pets now, and the ones 150+ hit very fast.. I boost their dex with spells even more.. quickens training significantly.

Swordsman

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
dex = swing speed... beyond a doubt,.. I have many pets now, and the ones 150+ hit very fast.. I boost their dex with spells even more.. quickens training significantly.
The Stamina affects the swing speed, for example, the dex can be 150, and stamina drops to 10 due to loss of HP, the wrestling swing speed drops to 1 swing per 2 seconds.