• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Dex on a Giant Beetle

Biazen

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Hi everyone...

Has anyone ever had an issue where DEX will just not raise on a pet?

I am training up another Giant Beetle and the DEX went up as far as 57 and has stopped. I can't say I recall what it was when I started training... I assume it was 50. I do know that it has not raised in the past couple of hours.

Wrestling, tact, and anat are all in the 80s or 90s, and slot training is about 60%.

Any ideas?

Mordha

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
It is possible to get stam/dex to 125. But you need to get wrestling and tactics, and maybe anatomy (I think) to 100. Both do go up faster once the skills are GM. I got impatient and stopped trying after I got mine to 100+
You will find your giant beetle will have more then enough points to spend the little bit it takes to bring stam and dex to 150.

Biazen

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Thanks Mordha…
I do know that you can buy the dex and stam up to 150. My main concern is that something was perhaps bugged with the pet (no pun intended).
With almost 2 stables full of pets, I had never encountered this before.

Khaelor

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
gming focus is the fastest way to get dex/stam to 125 and why beetles can be a pain with gaining stam/dex, they dont gain focus well

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I had the dex on one of my beetles get reduced from 150 to 143 somehow by a bug, and the GMs said they couldn't fix it.

Biazen

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Khaelor… that would make sense. At slot 1 it's hard to get them beat down to lose stam without getting them killed, and they have nothing to cast to regen mana...

Basara… And let me guess, it was a completed beetle, slot 5?

Update: The DEX started to gain again once I had aggro with the shadow ele… All is well again :)

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
DEX also gains rapidly once Resist hits GM. Have a bunch of Spectral Spellbinders cast on your Giant Beetle, it should GM Resist within a single Whisper session, then the Beetle's DEX will start to gain a lot faster. I can usually get a pet up to 125 STR/DEX in 30-40 minutes this way. This is usually the first thing i do once a pet bonds, since higher Stam increases the rate that it gains Wrest/Tact/Anat/Poisoning (if applicable) due to faster attack speed.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Khaelor… that would make sense. At slot 1 it's hard to get them beat down to lose stam without getting them killed, and they have nothing to cast to regen mana...

Basara… And let me guess, it was a completed beetle, slot 5?

Update: The DEX started to gain again once I had aggro with the shadow ele… All is well again :)
Yep....