• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Dex gains

Aestra

Adventurer
Hi !

Posting for a friend he’s running a mixed template taming with tactics and chiv with mage weapon to add damage. He recently ate a +25 stats scroll and has had the arrow for Dex on up for a week now and is getting almost no gains. Confirmed his stat cap did go up (he’s gained about 6 dex) in my experience with your skill capped it goes up pretty quickly but he’s not experiencing that.

Any suggestions ??

Thanks.

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Keep in mind the associated skills, even if they are at their cap, must be turned up to make the stats gain

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Keep in mind the associated skills, even if they are at their cap, must be turned up to make the stats gain
Yup can only gain if the skills are not locked. Unlock the weapon skill.

Aestra

Adventurer
Thanks everyone - he finally got courage to ask in gen chat and he got help. Soul stoned his tactics and using musicianship

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
It can be a skill that is capped. The arrow just needs to be up.

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I can take a newly made char from 50 STR/whatever DEX, and bring them up to 100 STR/120 DEX within about 1-1.5 hours. I just get Spectral Spellbinders in Haven to spam spells on me until GM Resist, and at that point STR/DEX will skyrocket up to cap as they keep spamming on me.
I do the same for pets that start with low DEX, such as Fire Beetles. Makes training Wrest/Tact/Anat on them a lot faster.

Lord Telchar

Adventurer
use Focus for Int / Dex or Meditation for Str / Int.

Turn the skill arrow up and there is no need for actual skill gain, so you can lock every other skills.

keep crossing server line while wearing some mana increase item or just keep casting.

you can adjust your stats to whatever you want this way anytime fast

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
use Focus for Int / Dex or Meditation for Str / Int.

Turn the skill arrow up and there is no need for actual skill gain, so you can lock every other skills.

keep crossing server line while wearing some mana increase item or just keep casting.

you can adjust your stats to whatever you want this way anytime fast
If that works you can switch clothes with a naked mannequin as needed.

Kir

Journeyman
If you have at least a soul stone, there's a pretty fast way to raise stats.

For Dex:
1. Create Macro for Undress and Dress (or have a mannequin for gear swap)
2. Make sure your Focus is at 0
3. Undress and dress with skill Focus ↑ (or use mannequin gear swap)
4. Let focus raise to about 20-24 ish then store it in the soul stone and erase it. (You should be seeing stats gain at this point)
5. Repeat from step #2

For Int: Meditation is fastest
For Str: I find Chiv fastest

The Black Smith

Seasoned Veteran
UNLEASHED
This question comes up often, and people here make life a lot harder than it needs to be.
If you've reached your 720 skill cap,
All you need to do is set every skill you might actually use up- if you're a mage set all mage related skills like focus up, if you're a warrior set all anat,tact,weap skill, focus, resist up etc,

Just make sure you haven't set anything down.

And just play.. your stats will rapidly change depending on the direction you've set your str/dex/int.

Then return all skills to lock/up/down when complete.

none of this dressing/undressing or soulstone or musicianship nonsense is required.

Kir

Journeyman
The undressing method is for speed stats up, you can pretty much re-spec a character from full int to full dex in few minutes.

The Black Smith

Seasoned Veteran
UNLEASHED
How is it speedy to get a mannequin and buy a soulstone and set focus to 20-24? Over simply setting skills up without interrupting your current play.
By the time you set that up, you would've reached your desired stats during normal play.

Kir

Journeyman
Mannequin is 1000 Clean up points, 5 Ichor. Soul stone, if you haven't got one, you should get one?
I don't see how long it will that take to set up, it's fine if you want to do it normal natural way, but other people wouldn't mind a speedier method if they already have everything in place.

To do a full respec from full int to full dex, I'm not too sure how fast you will reached it the normal way. I did it on my Warrior tamer in few minutes.

Let other people decide what they want to use, but more information never hurts.:scholar:

Last edited:

Lord Telchar

Adventurer
How is it speedy to get a mannequin and buy a soulstone and set focus to 20-24? Over simply setting skills up without interrupting your current play.
By the time you set that up, you would've reached your desired stats during normal play.
the point is stat gain only come from a successful skill gain check. Meditation and focus are the 2 skills in the game easiest for a successful skill gain check AND easiest to be triggered. Some skills can't even be gained at high level (e.g. Chivalry post 115 under normal use except gss gain or using the discord trick) so you simply can't gain stat by using that skill at that level.

Reactions: Kir

Lord Telchar

Adventurer
So I've just eaten a +25 stats scroll on my new bard, turned up meditation and str, played 2 bard songs, went to toilet and stats change is completed when i came back.

1607039279944.png