• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Devs - RE: Luck, Hiding, pets & arti drops

M

Meldannen

I seem to remember a long time ago that there was a thread and/or publish notes that talked about the chances of artifact drops decreasing when you were hidden or using pets.

Taking for example 10th anniversary arties: To the best of my memory, there was something said in relation to players using strong pets while hidden and camping them in anti-virtue dungeons to farm arties while unattended. I believe that as a measure to counteract this, something was done which reduced the chances of getting artifacts if you were hiding and/or using a pet to do the damage alone.

Is someone able to confirm this for me, and if so (a cookie for anyone who knows), can they answer the question of whether or not luck is affected in any way?

I know that this is a tricky question, but maybe a dev can provide some assistance on this matter!

F

Fayled Dhreams

Publish 47 Incremental Update
* You will get less credit towards the new dungeon drops if you are hidden when the monster you are fighting dies.
* You will get no credit if you are more than 16 tiles away from the monster when it dies.
* Fixed an issue where Virtue Armor set pieces could have negative resists once unequipped
* The Virtue Armor set self-repair bonus is now 5, rather than 20

FoF Sept 28 '07

"How is the drop rate for these items determined?"
The event uses the Guaranteed Reward Point system, which was created for the Treasures of Tokuno event:

* This system keeps track of the monsters you kill in the event area and gives you an increasing chance to get a special loot drop as you kill more monsters.
* The loot will appear in your backpack.
* Monsters that have higher fame increase your chances faster. (Keep in mind that monsters in Felucca give 30% extra fame.)
* Higher luck will improve your chances for a loot drop.
* The overall loot drop chance for this event will be lower than ToT, as we are planning for it to run for quite a while - very possibly permanently.
* Your points DO NOT reset if you log out - no marathon hunting sessions required!

Keep in mind that at no time is a drop guaranteed, it simply becomes more and more likely - so some people will get lucky and get them quickly, and some people will be unlucky and take longer.

yw :thumbup1:

Oh ... and NO "point gain" ... or drop ... IF dead before/when monster dies ...

L

Lord Kynd

* This system keeps track of the monsters you kill in the event area and gives you an increasing chance to get a special loot drop as you kill more monsters.
QUOTE]

points are recorded by the server when your in the area, do the points dissapear once you leave? thus making you start over gathering points for a drop ?

M

miss uo

* Your points DO NOT reset if you log out - no marathon hunting sessions required!

As stated above>

Spellbound

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Even when standing and unhidden next to my pet, will it get the arty drop into it's pack, and thus nada for the pet owner? Must I contribute by hitting or casting on the foe for a better chance? I've always wondered if that's why my tamer gets far less drops than my warrior who is inflicting direct damage.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I recommend you use your tamer to help do the killing, if you can. If you're concerned about the monster hitting your tamer, just make sure the pet hits first so it's taking the brunt of the damage. Just be aware that if someone peaces the monster or it is invizzing itself a lot, there's a good chance it will switch targets and your tamer might start getting hit.

The arti drops in the tamer's backpack.

M

Meldannen

Thank you for the detailed response, Fayled Dhreams.
It seems that the publish was designed to stop people from hiding and gaining benefits equal to those who are unhidden. It's exactly what I needed to know. :)