• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Devs, is this necessary?

Velvathos

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So today I decided to go ahead and do some hunting in the Elder Gazer room of Shame, I was bored and havn't killed them in a long time, I remember how hard they were, but now there are no doors in this room and I have to kill two at once.. Do you know how hard it is (unless you are a tamer.) To kill two Elder Gazers?

Wenchkin

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You can always go through to the next level and find the single gazer by a small bridge instead.

I'm not sure if it was changed deliberately, but I suppose it would stop some of the tamers who parked pets and sat invis'd in the corner. There are quite a few of those sort around hehe.

Wenchy

T

timbeOFbaja

LOL. You must have missed the popup message when you signed onto UO for the first time. It reads "Just save yourself the frustration and roll a tamer like everybody else".

o2bavr6

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Did they make Elder Gazers stronger? I can usualy take two of them on alone on my mage without much issue.

gunneroforgin

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have done this only once (parked my dragon in the elder gazer room) It was good to build dragon stats resists and magery but it looks like i won't be going back there. thanks for the heads up on THIS UNANNOUNCED CHANGE. Bad dev's!

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
From what I've seen in the last few months trying out a few new shards, it appears that some shards have doors in that area and some don't. (Kind of like how the banks on some shards have doors and the banks on other shards don't, most have a portal to Buc's Den outside Vesper and others don't, and some have a one-way moongate outside Nujelm and others don't.)

Velvathos

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
From what I've seen in the last few months trying out a few new shards, it appears that some shards have doors in that area and some don't. (Kind of like how the banks on some shards have doors and the banks on other shards don't, most have a portal to Buc's Den outside Vesper and others don't, and some have a one-way moongate outside Nujelm and others don't.)
I am trying to understand this myself... Why does Great Lakes have a shortcut to the Britain Bank that takes less 5 seconds to get to it and the rest of the shards don't?? :cursing:

TheScoundrelRico

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Siege has a mini dungeon inside the gates of Trinsic. It can be reached through the city or through a hole in the ground at a beach outside of town.

Oh yeah, and he have an actual dueling arena outside of Wrong...la

G

galefan2004

Felucca still has doors. :p

Seriously though, the felucca dungeons that are mirrored by the trammel dungeons are much better places to hunt other than the very occasional other person that can pk you. I've spent most of my time in Felucca and never really ran into a single other person there.

G

galefan2004

You can always go through to the next level and find the single gazer by a small bridge instead.

I'm not sure if it was changed deliberately, but I suppose it would stop some of the tamers who parked pets and sat invis'd in the corner. There are quite a few of those sort around hehe.

Wenchy
In typical EA fashion they fixed an old bug that spawned 10 doors instead of one in most dungeons by just removing the doors.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Personally I just find a friend who also would like to work out and make some gold and we go together.

Wenchkin

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
In typical EA fashion they fixed an old bug that spawned 10 doors instead of one in most dungeons by just removing the doors.
Ah... lol :) Yeah, I forgot about the 10 door high security problem! Sounds like my late grandfather's mending style... he never fixed things together with small screws or nails, always the 6" ones :D

Wenchy