• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Devs- Enough Is Enough Already

• Thread starter Connor_Graham
  • Start date
  • Watchers 2
C

Connor_Graham

I'm getting sick of recalling around to every invasion city daily just to find that nothing is going on YET AGAIN (Sherry the Mouse still doesn't work as far as I've seen, which is yet another colossal waste of time). How about taking a look at the shards like Pacific that are controlled by CoM and TB and doing something so we can have a chance to enjoy this so called "epic event"? So far with the action I've seen, it's been an epic failure.

The same few people are working the event on Pacific so it only happens sometime in the middle of the night during the week, and as a result, are the only ones getting to enjoy it. I'm about fed up with it. I can't believe that not one single person on the Dev team thought of shards either not having any faction presence or ones only having the "good guys" in control. Seems to me you've been spending too much time on what's coming up and not enough time on what the hell you've got going on already. How about paying attention to the current situation for a few minutes and do something about this crap, because frankly, quite a few of us are fed up with it.

I can honestly say the best thing I've gotten from this so called invasion is a GM Alchemist. That's pretty damn sad.

:thumbdown:

ZippyTwitch

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Or join Minax and steal some sigils? Oh yea. That would mean going to fel. Can't do that now.

T

T_Amon_from_work

LA - criers and Sherry report: Minoc under attack by plague beasts, Trinsic has orcs, Britain has dragons. So I take my big guy around and ... empty streets. NPCs are not turned - nothing! <shrug>

So I went and bashed a few things in some dungeons. Lag is still too iffy to try Mag again.

C

Connor_Graham

Why dont you and some friends join SL ???
Or join Minax and steal some sigils? Oh yea. That would mean going to fel. Can't do that now.
Sure. I can get together a few players that only PvM and head to Fel. We'll take over factions.

Yeah......right.

:coco:

Oh, and Zippy, I'm in Fel every single day. If all you can do is troll, then just pass on by the thread.

JC the Builder

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There were some (hopefully) unintended changes to the faction system where captured towns keep turning neutral. If you can't even keep the town you captured, what is the point?

A

Anon McDougle

The point is that you can and do have control if you decide to do nothing then dont blame the dev

G

Gandie

Well i didn't like all these years i had to grind in PvM to get items just so i could pvp in fel, as that is what i allways done.

Now its the other way around. Dont like it? Well find something else to do in UO!

Tired of these complains!

H

HeathBar

My Sherry statue has been very accurate lately. Maybe you should try using it instead of wasting your time recalling around and everyone else's time by complaining about it here.

C

Connor_Graham

The point is that you can and do have control if you decide to do nothing then dont blame the dev
No, the point is a bunch of PvM'rs have no chance against an experienced group of PvP'rs. Even if a group was put together, the event would be ending before they were experienced enough to be able to succeed in taking even a single town.

Letting a minority of a minority of players determine the event for the majority was boneheadedness at it's finest.

Tom_Builder

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
No, the point is a bunch of PvM'rs have no chance against an experienced group of PvP'rs. Even if a group was put together, the event would be ending before they were experienced enough to be able to succeed in taking even a single town.

Letting a minority of a minority of players determine the event for the majority was boneheadedness at it's finest.

If the majority of the boneheads want to get together and take the town, then the minority of experienced of PvP'rs will lose. Goodluck!!

M

Mordocuo

I'm getting sick of recalling around to every invasion city daily just to find that nothing is going on YET AGAIN (Sherry the Mouse still doesn't work as far as I've seen, which is yet another colossal waste of time). How about taking a look at the shards like Pacific that are controlled by CoM and TB and doing something so we can have a chance to enjoy this so called "epic event"? So far with the action I've seen, it's been an epic failure.

The same few people are working the event on Pacific so it only happens sometime in the middle of the night during the week, and as a result, are the only ones getting to enjoy it. I'm about fed up with it. I can't believe that not one single person on the Dev team thought of shards either not having any faction presence or ones only having the "good guys" in control. Seems to me you've been spending too much time on what's coming up and not enough time on what the hell you've got going on already. How about paying attention to the current situation for a few minutes and do something about this crap, because frankly, quite a few of us are fed up with it.

I can honestly say the best thing I've gotten from this so called invasion is a GM Alchemist. That's pretty damn sad.

Connor maybe now you can relate to all the posts from other players over the years asking for action or complaining about how things work and you stood there waving your pom poms telling them everything was fine you were happy at the way things were working. Now that it isn't working the way you want it to you complain. Maybe next time someone else complains you should show some compassion and understanding to thier concerns.

And as far as what you've gotten out of the event--well many others in the past had the same issues and you know how you responded to them.

M

Mordocuo

Isn't this exactly what happens with power scrolls? I remember you posting that people have the chance to get their own. But yet now you say PvM'rs dont have a chance at factions----hmmmmm.

Maybe now you can see what so many others have been saying for years. BTW I agree with you about allowing a few players control outcomes.

The Craftsman

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Connor maybe now you can relate to all the posts from other players over the years asking for action or complaining about how things work and you stood there waving your pom poms telling them everything was fine you were happy at the way things were working. Now that it isn't working the way you want it to you complain. Maybe next time someone else complains you should show some compassion and understanding to thier concerns.
Damn you Mordocuo ... you beat me to it. I was just about to point that out to him.

Assia Penryn

The Sleeping Dragon
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Personally, I think of the invasions as more of a game addition than an "event". I'm just glad to see that factions finally got some love.

L

Lord Achilles™

A. Factions received no "love" - they messed them up more than ever.
B. This "Event" has caused a huge latency issue.

A + B = Disaster...

The Craftsman

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

When fanbois turn...