• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

(Question) Devs, can we please have a "Clean the Bay Day?"

Lord Raven

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Dear Devs and residents of the Atlantic Shard,

Those of you that work in Virginia may have heard of Clean the Bay Day. This is an annual event where folks grab trash bags and boots and head down to the shore of the Chesapeake Bay to clean up litter.

Even though Sosaria doesn't have a complex ecosystem, we also suffer from sea-borne litter. Namely the junk left stuck in the water when a ship decays. Usually cannon, but I've also seen water barrels, and other ship parts stuck in the sea.

On the high seas, they may only pose a minor hazard to navigation, but along the shoreline this junk blocks places where other ships could dock.

Devs, I realize you are busy with many things, but this problem will just continue to grow if it is ignored. So...

I am going to help you deal with this problem.

Over the next few days, I will be sailing around Sosaria with a sextant marking the locations of any debris stuck in the water. I will post pics showing these locations on my Facebook account.

Maybe you could work some dev magic and come up with a special tool that EM's could hand out at a Clean the Bay Day event... that could let folks delete these items without your intervention. Of course, this might be too difficult to program, so at least I hope the screenies I upload will help you locate these places and deal with the junk.

I encourage other players on the Atlantic Shard to add their own pics or sextant coordinates to this thread. Be sure to indicate whether it's Fel/Tram as well.

Thank you for your consideration of this matter.

Here is THE LINK TO MY PICS.

(I don't have a Photobucket account, or anything like that.)

T

Tazar

There is a lot of junk out there... but I have found that not all of it is really junk.

I sailed up to what looked like the remains of a ship a week or two ago... the only items visible were the cannon-pads and a few cannons. However, someone else on my boat saw a complete boat there and even used the mooring lines to climb over to it - at which point the whole ship became visible to me. Some may be just graphic's glitches.

Lord Raven

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There is a lot of junk out there... but ...Some may be just graphic's glitches.

Noted. I get right up next to em and click on the cannon to see if the rest of the ship loads. Some of these spots I've been watching for well over a month now. To double-verify my locations, I'm gonna run characters on both clients to verify there is no ship attached to the cannon/debris.

If you're really bored, you can check out my locations and see if you can see a ship!

Lord Raven

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I just came across the location of my original MAGX Guild Flagship. Sadly, I missed the refresh by one day and now all that's left are the cannon.

...the survey continues...

So far, 16 locations marked on the Atlantic/Tram shard.

What will be fun is when I portage the survey ship over to the Feluccia. I wonder if I'll run into any Pirates!

DeadBob

Ancient Alien
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
How's this project coming, m'Lord Raven?

We should be allowed to salvage cannon from sunken ships. That can't be a difficult change, seeing as how we can already dismantle ships' cannon. And I know the good seafaring folk of Sosaria need a source of cheap powder charges! A salvage ability would clean up the bays.

Lord Raven

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
How's this project coming, m'Lord Raven?...
It's coming along. I'm about halfway around the mainland now. I keep Lord Raven's Facebook page updated with the new pics. (You don't have to join FB to see the page.)

Glad you sent the note, I need to get out in the boat today and get some more work done!

Captain's Log 05/19: Up to 26 locations now. Docked near Destard. I've sent my Archer/Bodyguard out to gather provisions. Maybe a tasty Mongbat steak for lunch!

Captain's Log 05/20: - Added 7 locations. It seems that the dev's are no longer enforcing no parking zones around docks.

Captain's Log 05/30: I've found 39 shipwrecks, or other debris to date. Anchoring at the beach in Trinsic, and spending the night there.

Hell's Ironworks

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Maybe you could work some dev magic and come up with a special tool that EM's could hand out at a Clean the Bay Day event... that could let folks delete these items without your intervention.
I foresee so much probs with this lol. Just imagine a bug where the deleting wouldnt be limited to shoreline trash.

Good idea though, i've seen some leftover ship pieces someplaces that have been there for weeks , if not months.

Lord Raven

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
can you pick up the cannons?
No, wish I could pick 'em up. I'd take care of the problem myself! rolleyes:

I'm about halfway around the mainland now... then to finish up on some of the other islands, then off to Fel.

Lord Raven

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I tried to recall to my survey ship this weekend and found that all of my ship runes are busted again.

:cursing: