• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Deviant "pure" Necromancy template...

Phantasmagorian

Seasoned Veteran
Hi all, returning player here. I started a gargoyle necromancer and because I have played many mages and warriors, and indeed am still playing them, I really don't feel like adding either magery or a combat skill. So, I want do necromancy + other new skills, sych as mysticism. What to do about healing and can I make a viable build out of this (PVE, obviously)? Advice greatly appreciated.

Separate question: When I made this new character my macros seemed to be messed up. When I cast pain spike by double cliking the icon, I am allowed to target. When I use a macro (F2), it automatically targets me. Anyone else had this bug? I use UOAssist, by the way. I checked if it had other character's macros there that were messing it up, but it doesn't. I'm stumped...

Lord GOD(GOD)

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Hi, for a start you may need one or the other for this reason: weapon defense

Necro is extremely powerful in PvM but mostly when combined with Magery or dexxer skills (or both). It doesn't compliment well with Mysticism at all. Spellweaving is another option you can usually fit on to any template. It basically comes down to how you want to play the character/how you want to heal... that's basically going to come down to caster/by spells, dexxer with bandages, dexxer with leeches, or some combination/hybrid of different things.

Regarding your macros/UOA, check all the ones set in UO, also check all the keys assigned in UOA, also if any of them have 'pass to UO' checked it will use both (which is actually an extremely valuable feature for making complex macros, but can also cause conflicts if not set properly)

Phantasmagorian

Seasoned Veteran
I fixed the macro issue, not sure what it was, but I deleted all macros in UO, restarted UO, and eventually behaved normally.

I hear you on dex/magery combos, but I really don't feel like doing that, because I've had countless warriors and mages.

My current template:

necro, mysticism, spellweaving, focus, spirit speak, meditation.

Lord GOD(GOD)

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
My current template:

necro, mysticism, spellweaving, focus, spirit speak, meditation.
Ok, well as said, you have no melee defence options, besides possibly relying on the Mysticism mastery for Mystic weapon. Often being aware of a vulnerability is enough to not get in to too many issues with it.

Although as a Necro, proximity when Withering in Wraith Form at spawns will result in getting hit a lot.

Not sure I can really get a handle on how you'd play such a template. Rising Colossus is good, but obviously prevents you using Skeletal Dragons, Bakes or Summon Reaper from the Necro or Weaving masteries. Otherwise, largely defensive/debuff machine, with WOD at the end if you can get stuff low enough. Summon Reaper can WOD as well which is handy to use, and Mana Shield is fantastic imo.

Phantasmagorian

Seasoned Veteran
Yeah, people told me I need a weapon skill or magery, but I just have too much of that on other chars, so trying this weird build. I'll have some fun with it and if things turn out to be too dire, I'll see about adding something to the mix..

Zalan

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
For healing you would have Spirit Speak, and healing stone.