• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Development of map application aiming to succeed UOAM and UOC

Tranquillo

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I do not understand the treatment of 3rd party program here, so I'm sorry if it is inappropriate content

I succeeded UOAM and UOC where development and publication were stopped, and I am making a map application aiming to exceed these.

I am aiming to be approved as an official tool.
I think that there are people who like it surely.

If you have comments please e-mail to lakueth [@] yahoo.co.jp.

--------

"uovmc" (UO2D, UOSA Cartographer) is a map application that can track the coordinates of UO clients, and can grasp widely the nearby facilities, terrain, etc.
This application, developed as a successor to UOAM and UOC, where publication and development are suspended, can not be used for any write action (write, change, action) to the client and can be used without relying on any tool .
It corresponds to both UO2D and UOSA client standards.
You can grasp and share positions very accurately and very fast.
It corresponds to Japanese and English.
I am applying for this application, but it is an informal tool now.

[Point of uovmc]

● UO2D, UOSA can track coordinates by itself without auxiliary tools or special settings

● Do not perform write action (rewriting or operation) at all on the program side and the operation side to the client
(However, this does not guarantee the safety of the account)

● Because almost all figures including most drawings are computed on their own (* native language), they are strong in real-time nature, fast and fast in reaction (using semi-transparent display may be delayed)

● When you start up the client at the same time, all are tracked in real time and displayed (up to 10)

● When installing UOSA client is found, map data of drawing is read directly from there, so it will not take time and effort to convert and generate intermediate files every time updating (in case of UO 2D only Conversion occurs)

● When launching from client.exe or UOSA.exe, uovmc can also be used with non-administrator privileges (Administrator authority is required to start from uo.exe or uopatch.exe)

● Reproduce the traditional UI that allows you to drag the screen, move the viewing area of the map up and down, left and right. Also zoom from 0.1 times to 32 times with mouse wheel

● Since you can freely change the rotation angle (minimum 1 ° unit), it is safe for people saying "Map can not be read if traveling direction is up!"

● Since drawing processing is not performed unless the display contents are changed due to the movement of coordinates, the load is minimized

● Very fast and accurate real-time location network sharing

● Multiple temporary markers can be typed and can be deleted arbitrarily (for example, nearest SOS)

● open the current coordinates on the map on the vm site

● Several options as desktop accessories that are hard to get in the way, such as hiding the window as you move the mouse over the map

● It is digitally signed

The first site of the beta version is released on the following site.
veterinary meister - uovmc

Thank you

Tranquillo

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
>Why not open source?

Since this application is not an array of other programs, it does not include a license code that must be open source.

>Will it be able to use UOC coordinate files?

Version 0b2 Beta 2 (2018/07/05) makes it possible to use two kinds of labels, common and user, and users can edit from the interface.

I copied the .map file used in UOAM and UOC into the same folder and recognized it as common.

Common is premised on the assumption that the whole user uses unified data.

Users can freely edit. If you want to add content you want to edit also please insert text in user.map.

>Nice. But why veterinary carthographer?

Because it is the name taken from my UO site name,
I did not focus on the veterinarian.

>Does this mean cant guarantee a ban from using it?

Currently I am sending 3rd Party Program Approval to Broad Sword.
As a result, unless there is a reply of OK from Broadsord, it can not be guaranteed that "the account will not be punished by using it." is what it means.

---------

version up info.

[version 0b2 Beta2 / 2018/07/05]

○ Added selection of facet displayed on menu.
○ Increased the display of the player's point position.
○ Icon display can be individually turned on and off.
○ When the icon display is on and the label is off, labels are added and displayed when the cursor is placed.
○ Added a setting that allows you to manually change folders when UO folder can not be found.
○ User labels can be arbitrarily added / edited / deleted and saved.
○ Add faster and lighter, 64bit version uovmc64.exe.

Thank you.

Kel'Thuzard

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This is very promising. Will be testing this and following this project as it moves forward.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Why not post this on the new official UO.com forums so the DEVs can ask any needed questions?

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Are you now active in UO? I see you quit back in Nov. 2016.

Tranquillo

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
thank you for reply!

>This is very promising. Will be testing this and following this project as it moves forward.

Thank you very much. I tried hard and made it, so I'm glad you like it.

>Why not post this on the new official UO.com forums so the DEVs can ask any needed questions?

Thank you for your opinion.
I posted a similar article in uo.com's forum.
I emailed Broadsword's e-mail address before, but I will try approaching it too!

>Are you now active in UO? I see you quit back in Nov. 2016.

Although I have a frequency difference from January 2000, I have been active for a long time and I am still playing now.
However, recently I do not play much practical play, such as collecting lore data to create a database of creatures.

I do not know what happened in Nov. 2016. But I do not remember anything in particular.

Tranquillo

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
[version 0b3 Beta3 / 2018/07/09]
○ The UOSA client fixes the problem that the login account name will be on uovmc as a character name during login.
○ Fixed a bug that Trammel had become Felucca in map conversion of UO2D. (Please erase facet**.2d file and reconvert)
○ Added Treasure Hant View, a mode for displaying according to the measure of the treasure hunt map at UO2D, UOSA clients.
○ The angle of rotation can be changed by right clicking on the arrow on the upper right.
○ The size and position of the map display area are prevented from fluctuating when the window is displayed at the front.
○ For SOS etc., it is possible to move coordinates by entering coordinates in a Sextant form.
○ Added joker function and car navigation gate view that are displayed so that the direction of travel is always above.

petemage

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
>Why not open source?

Since this application is not an array of other programs, it does not include a license code that must be open source.
Thank you for your answer. I think I didn't make the intent of my question clear.

Many third party apps for UO are not further improved because they are closed source and nobody except the owner can work on them. By adding another closed source app, you are very prone to the same mistake. If you publish your source through github, you're application can live on even if the maintainer (i.e. you) looses interest at some point. I hope this makes my intention more clear. Cheers and keep the good work up :)

Last edited:

Delores D

Journeyman
Does this mean you can follow every player that is at that time in the game? If so it will not work on Siege. It will be like waving a red flag saying "HERE I AM."

Tranquillo

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
>petemage

If you need to update this application and I can not fulfill your request, consider publishing the source.

However, at the moment it is challenging whether you can be accredited by Broadswood authorized, it is the best goal, so you can not publish the code that contains the analysis result of UO client in part, It is also undesirable from the perspective of.

In addition, if you publish the source, there is a danger that someone who distributes malware like UOA will appear.

If I am asked to submit the source for approval from the operation of Broadsword, I will respond to it, but please do not think that it will be open to the public at the moment.

I will make every effort to make your request as long as it does not lead to illegal behavior.
>Delores D

Sorry, I did not quite understand what this is saying.
Please chew it again with simple English.

Tranquillo

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
[version 0b3 Rev.1 & Rev.2 Beta3 / 2018/07/09]
○ Fixed a bug that if you put a .map file other than common.map or user.map in a folder, it will be reset rather than added, and only the last loaded item will be hidden.
○ Fixed a problem that some of the display disappears when you delete the temporary marker under certain conditions.
○ Fixed a problem that all icon types could not be selected by label editing.

[version 0b4 Beta4 / 2018/07/10]

○ Changed to show distance (number of tiles) from the current position to all temporary markers.
○ Added a function to display the line for the closest marker.
○ 【Important】 Fixed a bug that the menu string did not correctly refer to English when the OS was a locale other than Japanese.

petemage

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
>petemage

If you need to update this application and I can not fulfill your request, consider publishing the source.

[...]

I will make every effort to make your request as long as it does not lead to illegal behavior.
It is not what I mean. I have no interest in updating your application myself and I don't have any requests. Personally I'm happy with the map UO provides.

But when you stop development of your application, someone will have to reinvent the wheel again and he will say:

I succeeded UOAM and UOC and UOVM where development and publication were stopped ...
UOAM and UOC are only dead because they are closed source. If one map application was open source however, nobody had to reinvent the wheel over and over again. It is your choice though. No offence taken. Cheers [bcolor=rgb(16, 16, 16)]:)[/bcolor]

Tranquillo

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
>petemage
Thank you for your opinion.
As for anything that development and updating such as UOAM has stopped, everyone is sad and you can understand your kind heart that you do not want to repeat it.

I'm developing and maintaining the freeware that 5000 people use for the lowest active user, so probably I will be in a real and immoral situation or maintenance will continue unless the application is denied to Broadsword.

If there is something please mail to lakueth [@] yahoo.co.jp.

regards,

Delores D

Journeyman
From what I read you can see everyone who is on the game and map at the same time. No matter what guild they are in. With carto as it is now we can see our guild players and no others, and no other guild can see where we are. Being on Siege we have a lot of pk's who would love to know where we are.

Arcus

Grand Poobah
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Anyone who runs this is a fool. First for running a program that has not been approved by the powers that be. Second, until this program is totally vetted and all traffic in and out of your computer is examined and no malicious or even well meaning but insecure "stuff" is going on you have no idea what this guy is doing.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Anyone who runs this is a fool. First for running a program that has not been approved by the powers that be. Second, until this program is totally vetted and all traffic in and out of your computer is examined and no malicious or even well meaning but insecure "stuff" is going on you have no idea what this guy is doing.
What color is the horse you ride to your sheriff job?

Tranquillo

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
> Delores D
That is impossible. You can not track all the players.

What you can do with this map is only among those who have arbitrarily chosen from themselves and connected as guests to the person who built the server as a host.
The server you choose by yourself is what the user builds for the group, I am not included there.

On the other hand, it is doubtful, what kind of things do you do so will all the players be able to track?

What you are saying is very collapse.

> Arcus
There are so many people who can analyze network traffic and program behavior, so that people will judge.
I tried making it for approval that it is not approved. Did not you understand from my writing saying?

And my program is not an unknown publisher application like UOAssist, it has a legitimate digital signature.

How about doubting the UOAssist who was judged as malware by many security software rather than doubting me?

And those who can not trust me do not have to use it at all and I do not want you to use it.

>Pawain
It is the guard horse of the former SL that is shown in the video

There are so many unproductive creamers, so future support will be handled only by e-mail. lakueth [@] yahoo.co.jp

I will not see them here.

Arcus

Grand Poobah
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
> Arcus
There are so many people who can analyze network traffic and program behavior, so that people will judge.

Yes, and people need to know that no one has done this yet.

I tried making it for approval that it is not approved. Did not you understand from my writing saying?
Meaningless to my point.

>

And my program is not an unknown publisher application like UOAssist, it has a legitimate digital signature.

Digital sigs do not mean that there is nothing malicious in the program. Also, Tugsoft unknown? Are you really going to sit here and say that Tugsoft is an unknown publisher?

>

How about doubting the UOAssist who was judged as malware by many security software rather than doubting me?

Anyone who works in the security arena will always doubt both. As for is being flagged as malicious it is ridiculous to even bring this up as you SHOULD know darn well why it was.

>

There are so many unproductive creamers,

Look, people need to know that what they are installing on their computer is safe. If you dismiss skepticims as "unproductive" it tells me that you are not willing or able to stand up against criticism. You should be able to.

And this is not a you vs. Tugsoft. It is you vs. the real world and the issues that come up as a software developer.

Last edited:

Mandrake of DF

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I see no way you get that approved - and how to make us trust you, when all your site is in asian...Im european... and you choose a closed source - not open sourse... How we know you dont hack us?

I vote this - 10 Is nothing more in this than it is in carto.
- if you want to make it do more, have info in english
- implement all futures from both
. have screenshots with options.

As it is now - I wont even install it to try.

petemage

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I see no way you get that approved
Realistically spoken, even with english documentation and an open source implementation I can't see BS approve any new 3rd party app at all. But maybe they start suprising me next year ;)

sirion

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am already using this everyday; It opens up quick, switches between toons nicely for me to see the locations without the need of UOA.

Perhaps the trolls are trying to display their industry knowledge but what they say are way to stretched.
Dont let the trolls on a little forum discourage you from trying to help a 20yo dying game.

And by now who cares about the 3rd party app approval stuff anyways when this dev team cant even deliver a bug patch right. In other words....SAVE YOURSELVES. I'm done waiting for Broadsword to save this game.

And the app and site already has a lot of English.

We could use some help to upgrade those map apps from "feature phone" to "smart phone".

Arcus

Grand Poobah
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Dont let the trolls on a little forum discourage you from trying to help a 20yo dying game.

As yes ye' ole anyone with a different opinion MUST be a troll callout.

Are people who tell you not to talk to strangers and lock your doors at night trolls?

Perhaps the trolls are trying to display their industry knowledge but what they say are way to stretched..
Oh so you think it is ok to install some random piece of software on your computer from some guy on the internet? This has nothing to do with industry knowledge and everything to do with common sense.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Are people who tell you not to talk to strangers and lock your doors at night trolls?
I talk to strangers often. You can learn a lot from new people.

I also do not lock my pickup doors. Since 2007 nobody has messed with it.

But I put it in the garage at night. My front yard is less safe than the city.

They made a very bad choice if they are up to no good. They should try a game that has >1000 players.

Olcher

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I hope you reconsider making this open source. If you do not plan on monetizing the program and have nothing to hide why not? With how exposed our credentials are in the CC (not sure about EC) I wouldn't touch anything that's not open source and would not recommend anyone else to either. Nothing personal I hope you understand.