• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[BUG] Developers: Felucca and Latency

Cear Dallben Dragon

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I'm going to use the term lag, even though this is clearly a drop in frame rate.
I have no idea what is causing this. perhaps you need to look into the source of the actual gamebryo engine. But something is severely affecting frame rate in felucca.

And I found it. Well, one thing.
---------------------------------
i'm going to edit/change the direction of this post all together. in media res.

Devs. PLEASE, remove the 500+ Gas traps int he city of the dead that go off at once whenever you come on screen.

They will bring anyones computer to their knees. I have a GTX 285. My computer almost restarted itself.

Also it would be great too if we could just use the new client in fel in general. It is 100% unusable. even if you want to pvm in fel. Ask us about it. please.

Subject in matter:

Cear Dallben Dragon

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Also, after experiencing this, my UO memory was taking up about 1.7 million. while this isnt odd, it is after being logged in for just a few seconds. But more importantly, it was after this that i noticed the usual cursor in blackspace lag now lasted about 10 seconds. aka framerate droped to 1 frame per 10 seconds when my hand left the game window.