• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NEWS Developer Meet And Greet ~ Wakuko

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Larisa submitted a new Article:

Developer Meet And Greet ~ Wakuko

Mesanna の声: good morning
EM Asiantam の声: Good morning
Kyronix の声: Good Morning (Evening) Wakoku!
Mesanna の声: shall we get started this morning
EM Asiantam の声: ok
Mesanna の声: 9 am here forgive me =P
Peter の声: Morning
EM Asiantam の声: Good evening
EM Asiantam の声: About Transfer shield
EM Asiantam の声: He is requesting if we can get it easier
EM Asiantam の声: for example
Mesanna の声: lol you can buy a token
Mesanna の声: thats easy
Mesanna の声: *grins*
EM Asiantam の声: charged once in two months
Mesanna の声: we have no plans to make any changes to that item
EM Asiantam の声: he is saying it is very expenzive
EM Asiantam の声: expensive
Peter の声: thank you...
Read more about this article here...

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
It makes me sad that they're working on things like costumes but not making jewelry boxes sortable. Not everyone cares about costumes, but I feel like everyone would benefit from the boxes being updated.
Costumes should be able to be churned out en mass since the code already exists and all they have to do is change the ID of the creature-to-be-turned-into. i.e. this is suuuuuuuuuuuper low-hanging, ground-dwelling fruit they can spend little time on but still look like they're producing.

Snark aside, I'm in favor of more costumes...though they're going about it in the most assbackwards way possible. :wall::coco:

petemage

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Great stuff if you get an answer like "lol you can buy a token". Bleak seemed to go AFK straight after he parked his toon there, at least from the looks when he didn't even care to react to Mesanna on two questions :lol: Meanwhile Kyronix saves it by being the only professional that day and bringing some useful information along, capitalizing words properly and even using punctuation :eek:

Kyronix の声: Yes, all town crier NPCs will be converted to a new system
Kyronix の声: That is sort of like a newspaper
Kyronix の声: You will be able to access quests that introduce you to features that have been added
Kyronix の声: In the recent past that returning Endless Journey players may not have experienced
Mahochan の声: oh!
Mahochan の声: thank you!
Kyronix の声: Various dungeon updates, and content additions. We hope to have these on TC1 soon

Necron87

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
And when will transcription from the meeting with Lake Superior on February 26 ? :)

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
I can't believe she just blew off the transfer shield thing in the way she did it. I really have a hard time believing anything she says anymore. Actually it's not that hard not believing her anymore. She told others about doing something with that process and hinted at it herself. Teased us with it forever. She really has zero credibility with me at this point. Instead of Meet and Greet it should be called "come here and we'll tell you whatever you want to hear and do absolutely nothing about it". Time after time, issue after issue. It's a lengthy title but fair. If you can't believe the words coming out of her mouth that's a serious problem. 20 bucks for a transfer is just ridiculous. Kill off the shards and the game. Who cares? This is why I'm adding floors to my castle because I have zero confidence in her doing the right thing with castle customization. So many times she just plays us like the idiots we are. I don't know why anyone still attends these things, zero credibility. UO has gone into total cash grab mode while the game burns. Short sighted and lack on meaningful logic or creativity with development resources. Man that's been building up for awhile :) @Mesanna (I hate to talk behind someones back). Guess she didn't want a melt down in front of the EA people at the 20th. Now the truth about all the things she''s been telling us is coming out. I'll go breathe now ;) This could easily turn into a 10 page long post for me.... I've always held out hope for UO and tried to be supportive but I've had enough.

im-back-202x300.jpg

Last edited:

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I can't believe she just blew off the transfer shield thing in the way she did it. I really have a hard time believing anything she says anymore. Actually it's not that hard not believing her anymore. She told others about doing something with that process and hinted at it herself. Teased us with it forever. She really has zero credibility with me at this point. Instead of Meet and Greet it should be called "come here and we'll tell you whatever you want to hear and do absolutely nothing about it". Time after time, issue after issue. It's a lengthy title but fair. If you can't believe the words coming out of her mouth that's a serious problem. 20 bucks for a transfer is just ridiculous. Kill off the shards and the game. Who cares? This is why I'm adding floors to my castle because I have zero confidence in her doing the right thing with castle customization. So many times she just plays us like the idiots we are. I don't know why anyone still attends these things, zero credibility. UO has gone into total cash grab mode while the game burns. Short sighted and lack on meaningful logic or creativity with development resources. Man that's been building up for awhile :) @Mesanna (I hate to talk behind someones back). Guess she didn't want a melt down in front of the EA people at the 20th. Now the truth about all the things she''s been telling us is coming out. I'll go breathe now ;) This could easily turn into a 10 page long post for me.... I've always held out hope for UO and tried to be supportive but I've had enough.

View attachment 77960

I think I detect a hint of unrest...

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yeah, $20 for a transfer is crazy. So are some of the other prices for a dying game, I could see it if we were growing and coming on strong. No strong sense of direction, no view for the future. Just keep tossing trinkets and pixels out there and hoping something catches on. Still no PSs in trammel and ilsh spawns, gotta protect the banks accounts of the favored PvP'ers.

Send us sample castles and we will add them to the tool. Ooops, nm, we can't figure that out. We will build you a tool you can design castles with and put it on TC for you. Ooops, nm, can't get that done, gonna have to wait till EJ and whatever is done.

Anyway, yeah, think we are all about done.

And then there are the bugs, like the ghost mobs in the EC at spawns, that "cannot be replicated". Really?!?!?! I replicate em everytime I do a damned spawn! Go play your game, it will replicate for you. Get on a normal connection on a normal account as a normal character and play the game.

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Guess she didn't want a melt down in front of the EA people at the 20th.
What EA people at the 20th? Rob Denton was there for like an hour, looking like he desperately wanted to be anywhere else the entire time. I don't think EA is watching UO with any sort of interest or concern, nor will it...at least until the revenue stream noticeably falters.

This could easily turn into a 10 page long post for me.... I've always held out hope for UO and tried to be supportive but I've had enough.
Welcome to the realist side...

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Did I really read that Mesanna is thinking of lowering vendor fees if you give up some of your house's storage??
I would gladly let the items on teh vendor count against storage for no fees...Best idea they've had in years

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Something that I think one of the questioners misunderstands about the Trade orders.

I've done at least a couple hundred. While THEORETICALLY you can have ones that request 100 items (5x20), there appears to be some sort of limiter that prevents you being asked to go over 125 items in your pack. The higher item count I have in my pack, the more likely I am to have 20-count items that are stacks (so they only count as 1 item) as part of the order. I've done some rough tests of this along the way (I'm a governor - it's in my city's best interest), and haven't been able to get into a situation where my pack would need to be over 125 items for a quest (though I've not yet tested having over 100 items in my pack prior to asking for an order).

What really needs fixed with trade orders are things like Ginger that don't stack or add-all to the chest/box when that gump is clicked, and where using the add-all doesn't move stacks into the container.

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Something that I think one of the questioners misunderstands about the Trade orders.

I've done at least a couple hundred. While THEORETICALLY you can have ones that request 100 items (5x20), there appears to be some sort of limiter that prevents you being asked to go over 125 items in your pack. The higher item count I have in my pack, the more likely I am to have 20-count items that are stacks (so they only count as 1 item) as part of the order.

What really needs fixed with trade orders are things like Ginger that don't stack or add-all to the chest/box when that gump is clicked, and where using the add-all doesn't move stacks into the container.
This was all brought up while trade orders were in testing, but only some of it was addressed. Certain people thought having the container autofill stacks of requested objects was player laziness :rolleyes2:

And for F's sake, make Ginger stackable!? :cursing: Also, SELL SUGAR IN STACKS OF 500 ON BAKERS!

Victim of Siege

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
This was all brought up while trade orders were in testing, but only some of it was addressed. Certain people thought having the container autofill stacks of requested objects was player laziness :rolleyes2:

And for F's sake, make Ginger stackable!? :cursing: Also, SELL SUGAR IN STACKS OF 500 ON BAKERS!
Sugar is too Op they need to hit it with the ban hammer.

Victim of Siege

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
With flour and sugar you can make cookies, and you know how OP them damn things are . . .

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Are you all sure the speedhackers you all are seeing aren't just on a sugar rush, and that's why getting sugar is so hard in game???

petemage

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I can't believe she just blew off the transfer shield thing in the way she did it. I really have a hard time believing anything she says anymore.
I don't know what's wrong with her, but my impression is that it gets worse and worse. She does not even try to be professional anymore and gets more and more often pretty blunt on very basic questions.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I don't know what's wrong with her, but my impression is that it gets worse and worse. She does not even try to be professional anymore and gets more and more often pretty blunt on very basic questions.
I don't want to say this but.... here goes... She's never been one for "niceties" ... but lets look at what she puts up with on a daily basis... 100's of emails of boo hoo this boo hoo that... I lost this I lost that.... he said, she said.. yadda yadda yadda..... I'm sure she gets tons of "hate" mail... and all kinds of crap..... she has to put up with EA breathing down her back and trying to get blood/money out of them to support the game they wanted to never create in the first place..... and then took over in a hostile manner ..... and then ran to oblivion and they tried and tried to make it something it shouldn't have been how many times... ..... She has a tiny team she's trying to fix and maintain 20 years of crazy code much of which is undocumented because they LOST much of the notes and stuff on it.... And everyone complains constantly .... can't think that would do much for your moral or attitude... especially when she comes out of the kindness of her heart to talk to people that also supposedly love the game to listen to them whine and complain and say not nice things... when she really wants to know what we'd like.... what we think and what she can do to improve the game for EVERYONE...

And we can't even agree on what is "classic" UO.... We can't agree on what client is best... we can't agree on what is the best Unicorn, or whatever... crying about things all the time.... I honestly give her a big thumbs up for still coming up with the courage to stand there and take time out of her busy day and life where .... you know .... you have no idea what sort of things she may be going through in life. Yet she still takes the time to meet with us... on an individual basis at these in-game meetings....

Not that I defend the DEVs a lot but for this... yeah they deserve praise. NOT complaints. Honesty...

Remember she probably gets 100+ Emails a day about crap like my box fell under my house I lost XYZ ...... I'm so pissed blah blah blah..... all day long...

Cut the woman some slack would ya...

J. E. Tamer

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
(The team that brought us the jewelry box isn't getting any slack from here.
The jewelry box is a bad design. It does not have even the functionality of the pre-existing seed box: the ability to take something out and then later put it back in the slot it came from. This lack makes it impossible for us to keep the box in order.
This is a "near-fail" on the parts of the designer, the implementer, the tester, the quality assurance personnel, and the producer.)

petemage

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I don't want to say this but.... here goes... She's never been one for "niceties" ... but lets look at what she puts up with on a daily basis... 100's of emails of boo hoo this boo hoo that... I lost this I lost that.... he said, she said.. yadda yadda yadda..... I'm sure she gets tons of "hate" mail... and all kinds of crap..... she has to put up with EA breathing down her back and trying to get blood/money out of them to support the game they wanted to never create in the first place..... and then took over in a hostile manner ..... and then ran to oblivion and they tried and tried to make it something it shouldn't have been how many times... ..... She has a tiny team she's trying to fix and maintain 20 years of crazy code much of which is undocumented because they LOST much of the notes and stuff on it.... And everyone complains constantly .... can't think that would do much for your moral or attitude... especially when she comes out of the kindness of her heart to talk to people that also supposedly love the game to listen to them whine and complain and say not nice things... when she really wants to know what we'd like.... what we think and what she can do to improve the game for EVERYONE...

And we can't even agree on what is "classic" UO.... We can't agree on what client is best... we can't agree on what is the best Unicorn, or whatever... crying about things all the time.... I honestly give her a big thumbs up for still coming up with the courage to stand there and take time out of her busy day and life where .... you know .... you have no idea what sort of things she may be going through in life. Yet she still takes the time to meet with us... on an individual basis at these in-game meetings....

Not that I defend the DEVs a lot but for this... yeah they deserve praise. NOT complaints. Honesty...

Remember she probably gets 100+ Emails a day about crap like my box fell under my house I lost XYZ ...... I'm so pissed blah blah blah..... all day long...

And it never came to your mind that this are just symptoms of years of years of mismanagement? Why does players have to email the producer directly? Why does the producer have to pick up items that fell under the floor? Why didn't they implement something that GMs have power to fix simple things? I'm sick of the excuses to be honest, and I voted with my wallet already ;) Is the jewelry box not searchable because they lost 15 year old notes? Sure..

She has been digging that hole for years, and now people trying to spin it that she is the poor.

But well, I get you. Actually you just want to vent here from time to time with no intentions to act. I will refrain from taking your rants any more serious in the future..

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
And it never came to your mind that this are just symptoms of years of years of mismanagement? Why does players have to email the producer directly? Why does the producer have to pick up items that fell under the floor? Why didn't they implement something that GMs have power to fix simple things? I'm sick of the excuses to be honest, and I voted with my wallet already ;) Is the jewelry box not searchable because they lost 15 year old notes? Sure..

She has been digging that hole for years, and now people trying to spin it that she is the poor.

But well, I get you. Actually you just want to vent here from time to time with no intentions to act. I will refrain from taking your rants any more serious in the future..
She hasn't been the Producer for that long... She wasn't the one who lost the notes... nor was she the one that spliced together most of the BS she's having to put up with now...

Yes I get that the jewelry box isn't searchable... like it ought to be... but she wanted it out by the deadline of Xmas... as everyone wanted one really bad and has been asking and begging for years for one... and yes it's kinda half implemented... but that's how things seem to be of late. But you have a Jewelry box.

I know it's frustrating hell you are talking to the Queen of Freakouts!... Anyone who's ever been with me in Discord at an Event will tell you that. And I know you would like things to be better and I know it should be the GM that can fix things and such but we share our GMs with DAoC... and most of them are well..... not versed in UO... And yes they ought to be able to fix things... though I will say it would help if people would properly word what they need...

And I really wish the GMs were available when I'm online... like at times like NOW... Anytime I page a GM I find they don't look at it till 6 or 7 am... which by then it's too late I've gone to bed...

I am the Queen of Rants... I've been on many of them. @Kyronix knows this all too well... I send him pages and pages in Emails...

But they can't improve what they are not aware of... they won't spent time on things like the Jewelry box when they have to get out the bug fix publish that they need to finish so they can get EJ to TC so that we can get things going... Perhaps after that stress is over @Mesanna might be more receptive to listening to your beef with the Jewelry box but I think right now her bucket is overflowing.... and it would be kinda nice if maybe we considered that before going on a tyrant... I think that the EJ thing is probably something that EA wants done yesterday.... and they probably have a hard deadline on when that needs to be done... to you know... keep their jobs and keep UO going... for the future.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Remember we have ONE Coder... @Bleak , I think Kyronix is starting to help out some now that he's all through schooling etc... and that might help some... we have 2 artists... and I'll be mean here and say one who is awesome.... and one who doesn't know perspective and also lacks detail... *scowls*... and could take some lessons... we have one tester... that's Misk.... and I am not even going to go into that rant right now..... and then Bonnie... Who does the best she can with what she's got... How she still has hair I don't know. Love them or hate them they are all we have keeping our beloved game alive... and yes we all hate seeing it in the state that it's in... ALL OF US ..... including them.

But they do these meet and greets out of their own time... for us... because they care and love the game as much as we do.

If I were going to rant I'd have ranted about the fact that she dyed someones Pumpkin in their pack and the last time I asked her to do that for me at the GLs meet and Greet I was told another time... but hey.... I get she's busy... so I'll wait and not get all bent over it. I think I wanted her to dye some masks...

If I was smart I'd take them to a smaller shard that I liked the colors better on as that hideous green from GLs is just totally FUGLY... but that's me... and my rant... so yeah. But I try really hard to be patient.... and to be understanding... and to be nice, which is difficult, but I do try.

My frustrations only get really BIG when I feel the game has become UNPLAYABLE which they are bordering on again with the continuous crashing to desktop I've been experiencing of late... But they were totally unplayable back when I made my post about the NovaBlast BS crashing the client all the time making EM Events totally unplayable.

And finally remember Mesanna started as a tester..... not a producer... she's lasted through how many stupid moves made by EA and has a passion for the game... she does what she does to keep the game going...

petemage

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Remember we have ONE Coder... @Bleak , I think Kyronix is starting to help out some now that he's all through schooling etc... and that might help some... we have 2 artists... and I'll be mean here and say one who is awesome.... and one who doesn't know perspective and also lacks detail... *scowls*... and could take some lessons... we have one tester... that's Misk.... and I am not even going to go into that rant right now..... and then Bonnie... Who does the best she can with what she's got... How she still has hair I don't know. Love them or hate them they are all we have keeping our beloved game alive... and yes we all hate seeing it in the state that it's in... ALL OF US ..... including them.

But they do these meet and greets out of their own time... for us... because they care and love the game as much as we do.

If I were going to rant I'd have ranted about the fact that she dyed someones Pumpkin in their pack and the last time I asked her to do that for me at the GLs meet and Greet I was told another time... but hey.... I get she's busy... so I'll wait and not get all bent over it. I think I wanted her to dye some masks...

If I was smart I'd take them to a smaller shard that I liked the colors better on as that hideous green from GLs is just totally FUGLY... but that's me... and my rant... so yeah. But I try really hard to be patient.... and to be understanding... and to be nice, which is difficult, but I do try.

My frustrations only get really BIG when I feel the game has become UNPLAYABLE which they are bordering on again with the continuous crashing to desktop I've been experiencing of late... But they were totally unplayable back when I made my post about the NovaBlast BS crashing the client all the time making EM Events totally unplayable.

And finally remember Mesanna started as a tester..... not a producer... she's lasted through how many stupid moves made by EA and has a passion for the game... she does what she does to keep the game going...
There is a lot of truth in your posts, I don't wanna deny that. I feel a bit bad because my short answers don't do your long posts any justice, but my main grief always is more about them doing the same mistakes again and again. Barely learning from it.

The thing that she started as tester is maybe one of the reasons for all the mess. She likely has no formal education at her job, and thus just keeps playing the GM / tester person she was, while at least in my understanding a producer should have better things to do for moving a product forward than handle individual customers one by one herself...

Believe it or not, she isolated herself with everyone except her UO cheerleaders. But yea, let's keep blaming Broadsword, EA, the players and basically everyone except the very much producer..

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
There is a lot of truth in your posts, I don't wanna deny that. I feel a bit bad because my short answers don't do your long posts any justice, but my main grief always is more about them doing the same mistakes again and again. Barely learning from it.

The thing that she started as tester is maybe one of the reasons for all the mess. She likely has no formal education at her job, and thus just keeps playing the GM / tester person she was, while at least in my understanding a producer should have better things to do for moving a product forward than handle individual customers one by one herself...

Believe it or not, she isolated herself with everyone except her UO cheerleaders. But yea, let's keep blaming Broadsword, EA, the players and basically everyone except the very much producer..
Logically the blame (or praise) always rests at the top. They are the only ones with the power and authority to make a difference.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter

Lord knows I've never been one of her cheerleaders... I'm quick to point out what's wrong... get that from my Papa. I also can lack tact... get that from him too... but I do understand the enormous pressure she's under.

And I try to take that into account as well as I have spoken to her or at least chatted with her on numerous occasions and I can say with absolute certainty that she truly loves UO... I do respect her.

Now I know as well she has some ...... Odd..... I'll say behavior that borders on well I'm not going there ...... anyway... I do get it. But I'm fairly sure that unless she becomes incapacitated... in some way she is what we have... and is likely to be the last producer UO has... until she is .... well no more. I doubt EA has any say anymore since BS took the reigns so to speak...

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Lord knows I've never been one of her cheerleaders... I'm quick to point out what's wrong... get that from my Papa. I also can lack tact... get that from him too... but I do understand the enormous pressure she's under.

And I try to take that into account as well as I have spoken to her or at least chatted with her on numerous occasions and I can say with absolute certainty that she truly loves UO... I do respect her.

Now I know as well she has some ...... Odd..... I'll say behavior that borders on well I'm not going there ...... anyway... I do get it. But I'm fairly sure that unless she becomes incapacitated... in some way she is what we have... and is likely to be the last producer UO has... until she is .... well no more. I doubt EA has any say anymore since BS took the reigns so to speak...
UO will never die. If not done through EA there are several options that are usually free :)

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Asiantams replies always seem to be the same "She is asking for this.....so you will fix it today ? ......so soon means today ?......"

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

You must have been given something recently, or had an item returned, or a house saved, or a vendor fixed or something. You've been quite negative about this team, like the rest of us, and now you're in cheerleading mode again...so what's up ?

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
You must have been given something recently, or had an item returned, or a house saved, or a vendor fixed or something. You've been quite negative about this team, like the rest of us, and now you're in cheerleading mode again...so what's up ?
I scold them where and when it's due... And I'm quick to tell them that something sucketh most verily...

However... that said I know when they are working hard and I try to keep and open mind and be supportive as well... And right now I know that bucket be overflowing on Mesanna's plate...

And yes I'm doing a bit of cheerleading... Afterall I lost a beloved pet that I worked EXTREMELY hard to get and @Bleak was kind enough and concerned enough to take the time to come and see exactly where it happened... and listened to me as I explained what I was doing... when the pet just "went wild" having given ZERO indication that it was unhappy... And seemed genuinely concerned to test what happened... which IMO was very nice of him. And I too am Genuinely concerned about what happened and if there is anything at all I can do to improve my beloved game I'll do it. Which means take the time out of my day to go meet with them and ask questions... and speak to them about what is important to me.... to other players etc...

I wasn't given anything... but honest time. They did fix that crashing when Nova Blast flashes issue. Which has improved my gameplay... now if they can fix the crashing every few min for no reason thing... that would make me even happier.

I guess I give them hell when I feel they are not listening... or doing something dumb. And whether I like EJ or agree with what they are doing for that remains to be seen... And they are going to do it whether I like or approve of it or not... it's happening.

I have MANY reservations about it. But I'm not going to bash them over it.

As for her (Mesanna's) professionalism... We all have seen the video's from the past... we all know how she is... We know she likes to NOT tell us anything... etc... we know all that.... just takes watching a few of those interviews and a few of the live feeds from the past etc... it's not any secret... while yes she can be harsh... I've personally talked with her, chatted with her, and emailed her on many occasions... I still miss those chats we used to have... before she became "Producer" and all... and I can say one thing for sure.... she genuinely cares for UO... in a BIG way.

Do I think she always answers questions correctly or appropriately ...... or even understands what's being asked... no... but that's why I think she needs someone who really does understand the players and the game to explain things to her in a clearer manner than some of the players do when they ask her things. I think she needs to spend more time with players who actually play the game... who use the systems.... etc... but honestly when then would she have time to be the Producer? What is needed is a true community liaison. Someone to weed out all the nut cases, tone down the negativity and get to the point of the issues and bring those to the team every month/week whatever.

I've tried to think of how they could do this question and answer thing and one of the things I did consider is this is a good thing for their forum... To have a question and answer section...

I also considered that I wish they had an official Discord Server... where they could do short questions and answers... and people could log in but NOT speak... questions could be submitted by typing... And they could answer what they chose. They could open it up to a submission period of say 1 day or 3 days to ask questions then pick what they wanted or look over them and see what are the main ones... the good thing about that is people could thumbs up questions they like and want answers to... and then they would know what was more popular... etc...

However not sure how well that would work... but never know. I've been in some Discord servers with 100's of active folk... some people have issues with Discord though... Anyway always thought it would be nice to maybe bring back the 5 on Friday thing... might be neat...