• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NEWS Developer Meet And Greet On Yamato 3-20-17

spin

Asian Shard Liaison
Professional
Shard Liaison
Stratics Veteran
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
spin submitted a new Article:

Developer Meet And Greet On Yamato 3-20-17

This is a summary of the meeting that was held on March 20, 2017 in Yamato.
Japanese player ⇔ EM Asiantam (Translation for both) ⇔ Bleak · Kyronix · Mesanna · Misk

Mesanna: Greetings Yamato

EM Asiantam: let me know when you're ready :)

Mesanna: lets start then

Q1,
EM Asiantam: request about item he wants to have in the game

Mesanna: what type of item

EM Asiantam: he wants a basket with ticker papers
EM Asiantam: ticker tape I mean
EM Asiantam: by double clicking it
EM Asiantam: items that we are celebrating something
EM Asiantam: currently we only have fireworks wand
EM Asiantam: so he wants...
Read more about this article here...

Riyana

Operations
Administrator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Event Coordinator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Mesanna: we moved this spammer to that channel on purpose
Mesanna: he was in general
Mesanna: since he uses a trial account we moved him to help channel

EM Asiantam: no one in General chat in Japan

Mesanna: he needs to just leave help and join General

EM Asiantam: don't you think this is odd that they are selling Real Money in Help Channel?

Mesanna: this is not a topic I am going to discuss in game

Rather than rail about my full thoughts on this, I'll instead offer my personal experience.

I was away from UO for many years. I came back and could barely remember how to move, let alone how to change channels. I gritted my teeth every time I saw one of those spammers, and wondered why it was allowed and why no one else was talking. I wasn't even sure if the site he referenced was an officially endorsed thing or not... given that it was spammed in the chat channel my brand new character was dumped in and I was pretty clueless at the time, I couldn't tell.

I also saw trails of books all over Luna and (at the time) Britain. Those were a little more obvious, but still inexplicably right in your face for something that last I remembered was against the rules.

That's what new/returning players see when they come back to UO. No one helping them, no players talking on most shards, just BUY MY GOLD HERE spambots.

It left a bad impression. A REALLY bad impression, like "what the hell happened to UO" sort of impression.

And it still does.