• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Developer Meet And Greet On Pacific, Monday Feb. 8th 2016

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Larisa submitted a new Article:

Developer Meet And Greet On Pacific, Monday Feb. 8th 2016

Kyronix: Good Evening everyone, we'll get starting shortly! Started even
Lady Mesanna: Ash lets get started
Lady Mesanna: Greetings
Kyronix: Hello!
Bleak: Hello
Misk: hello!
Syl: Hey there Devs, Just two questions... forgive me if they have been asked before. First, I wanted to know if the team would please consider increasing the classic clients screen resolution. Has there been any plans or discussion on this?
Bleak: So we have tried this in the past. We found a number of issues we would have to address. The biggest is the performance.
Lady Mesanna: If we can find a way to do it that does not effect the performance we would
Bleak: The...
Read more about this article here...

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
You are most welcome :)

Some good questions tonight, thank you again to Mesanna, Bleak, Misk and Kyronix for staying up so late to do this...it is now 2:30 AM and my bed is calling!

JC the Builder

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
GANI: just to say bout ea games vs uo acct management plz credit card update and the uo migration on secret word lost guildhouse through idoc
Lady Mesanna: hold on
GANI: that i acquired from fast players
Lady Mesanna: you have 90 days to get cc issues fixed
GANI: i did understand yu guys got busy
Lady Mesanna: I want to get it so you guys can link and unlink your own accounts, we are still looking on improvements
It took a guild member a month and a half (from December 3 to about January 14) to straighten out their account situation this past Christmas. What happened was her credit card expired and she was unable to login to account management despite having the correct password. It took 14 emails to [email protected], multiple pages to gamemasters, etc. to even find out what had happened. Finally Mesanna said that EA banned her account for a charge back and she could do nothing about it.

It took a phone call to EA corporate headquarters to get anything done. They confirmed she was banned for a charge back but EA could not give any details on what was purchased or what date the charge back occurred. They decided "as a courtesy" to unban her account. This absolutely made no sense because she was not banned from EA and account still login to the Origin store to purchase stuff. She was only banned from UO account management.

I believe this whole situation really affected her and she has barely logged in since getting her account back a few weeks ago. She says she had trouble sleeping after a few weeks and it was all she could think about. This is someone who played UO every day for years and years. She has eight game accounts and if the decision was not reversed she would have lost access to all of them due to not being able to update her credit card.

If anyone ever has a situation, it looks like the only way to get it resolved is by calling: 1-866-543-5435

Tabby Kapak

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
First and foremost, thanks a LOT Larisa for all the editing!! Much appreciated! :hug:
We do get tired of the constantly returning complaints that gargoyles flying with GDs would be unfair... Each race has their own advantages, AND disadvantages, so if someone choose to fly with a GD they give up the extra mana or carrying capacity... That is UO, making choices, so that is also why we are not keen on the skillcap raise suggestions. Admitted, we have been there too that we wished to have more skillpoints on this or that char, but it feels more important to keep a balance and not make have-it-alls.

Angel of Sonoma

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
thanks for posting the transcript. i got a chuckle when the player asked if the graphic designer was going to be fired for the turtle art. too bad they didn't mention the greater phoenix art. the few times i've done the champ spawn i couldn't tell if the greater phoenix was dead or alive.

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
You are most welcome :)

Now, since the other topic has been pretty hot and no one has really mentioned anything else that was said...let me! :)

First, about the screen resolution in the CC....

Lady Mesanna: I have confidence in Bleak he will continue to try

I do too! Thank you Bleak for continuing to try to please us old CC users :)

About the IDOC timers:

Lady Mesanna: Then Bleak will look into it to make sure its random
IDOC Life: bc 90% is at 15, can we change to 5 and 10 as many are asking?Bleak: The chance is 33%

Good to know that it is working as intended, 33% is about right for 5, 10 or 15 hours, though the few that I have been to have been 15..thank you for confirming!

Vixen: How about added the Shadowguard tower to the Corrupted Crystal Portal or/and add it to the Public Moongate or allow us to mark a rune there and recall or gate in? or a teleport pad
Lady Mesanna: doable

YES! Thank you! I do hate having to run all the way there from the moongate...some of us folk are just too lazy! :)

Eins: The new loot generator has made over 200 artifacts (doom, major, minor, craftable, ect) obsolete, Instead of trying to come up with ways to make all of these outdated items useful again, How about a system similar to BOD or fishmonger quests? Turn in 50 old artifacts for something new? Require artifacts from every source so people are not farming the easily or most readily available. Come up with some new arties and deco for us to turn our old stuff in for.

Kyronix: So long as it doesn't invalidate the content we put in to get the new artifacts, It's a great suggestion and something we can explore further

A ToT-style system for old items?? VERY cool and a great idea! I do hope this one can make it through in the near future.

For crafters:

Kilstra: Also, you might already be thinking this but along the lines of the bow stringer, metal press, I'd like to see for cooking and alchemy.
Lady Mesanna: its coming, we can only do so many at a time
Kilstra: awesome!!!
Lady Mesanna: hope to have one for each type of craft, just have a little patience we are getting to them.

This is awesome! Us crafters need a little love too!

THIS!!!

Lady Bendie: ok next and last been loving the shadowguard whole idea been alot of fun but is there anyway of giving 5 mins to loot instead of 3 to spend all that time doing rooms
Kyronix : Sure

Thank you!!! 3 minutes is just way too short, there's a LOT of gold that drops! Finding the corpse at the end is challenging enough, then taking the time to loot it and THEN trying to get gold to cover the insurance for the 42 deaths you had? Adding 2 minutes will help a LOT! Very happy about that.

RipTide: wondering if we could have more champ spawns like primevil lich with spawning deco maybe,.,

Lady Mesanna: we can add deco to spawns or stealables'or something like that

This would be pretty awesome. I have only done the lich spawn a few times and have not been lucky enough to get any deco pieces, but to have this system work with other spawns would be pretty cool!

And the last thing I was pretty excited about:

Amelyose: hrmm and the other thing im wondering is a craft idea for tailors/healers first aid pouchs. like quivers can be insured, lower weight healing bonus but limit # can carry and like 10 orange petals, 20 purples.

Lady Mesanna: maybe a first aid belt

I have always wanted something like this! Healing has no down-sides if you die if you're a mage/necro/chiv healer...you just pop on your lrc and you're good to go....but if you're only way of healing requires band-aids and you lose them , well that's just not fun! The bandage summoning tali is a start...but it gives too few and the cool-down is a bit long...so I have to +1 this First Aid Belt idea! Please make it happen!!

Overall a very informative and productive meet and greet. Some great idea's and suggestions were made and hints of good things to come in the future.

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
I had a lengthy response regarding their responses but it contained just as many swear words as it did criticism.

I am unimpressed.

arkiu

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
"Syl" here... @Bleak - I wanted to say much more in regards to the CC resolution. Pleaaase make this happen. Will never go EC... I just don't find the EC aesthetically appealing. The original CC artwork, though outdated, is what gives UO its charm imo. It's smoother and more natural fitting if that makes sense. Game window in the CC looks wayyy small on newer monitors. I really believe that if UO at least somewhat resembled newer 2d top down isometric games in terms of resolution, it would be far more visually appealing. I agree with Mesanna... YOU CAN DO IT!!! Get err done. I'm pulling for you on this one.

Drakelord

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Awards
Vixen: hello
Kyronix: Hello!
Bleak: Hi
Lady Mesanna: Hi Vixen
Vixen: I have my questions in a book if easier?
Lady Mesanna: go ahead and ask
Vixen: How about added the Shadowguard tower to the Corrupted Crystal Portal or/and add it to the Public Moongate or allow us to mark a rune there and recall or gate in? or a teleport pad
Lady Mesanna: doable
Vixen: one more then done. Can we get skilled level raised to 820, another 100 points for new skills would be very useful with crafters, tamers, mages, warriors.
Lady Mesanna: lol we have talked about that alot actually
Vixen: that is all I have, thanks.
That was me, one of my daughter's old characters on Pac, posted a couple snaps, I still cannot do the log as you can, so was very please to see it all.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Well my main happiness is that Mesanna said in Gen Chat that a Spider Mount was a cool idea! So I'll keep hoping and I'm still hopeful that one day I'll be able to tame Dread Spiders and Black Widows.

Angel of Sonoma

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
About the IDOC timers:
Lady Mesanna: Then Bleak will look into it to make sure its random
IDOC Life: bc 90% is at 15, can we change to 5 and 10 as many are asking?Bleak: The chance is 33%

Good to know that it is working as intended, 33% is about right for 5, 10 or 15 hours, though the few that I have been to have been 15..thank you for confirming!

i'd like to see the devs camp a few idoc's (especially a few 15 hour idocs) and then come back and tell us 15 hours is a reasonable interval. but of course they would never need to camp an idoc since they can conjure up whatever deco/items they want.

Dixie chessy/legends

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
"the servers that shant be named" have the spider mounts and drake mounts, they look amazing......i dunno why she dont just use their ideas, not like their not stealing the whole dang game from EA lol steal the whole pet breeding system and shrinking system....and for the love of the Goddess steal the slot machines!!!!

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I even dressed up like my forum avatar when I went.
So I noticed. I thought about it by Pacific is where my son used to play so I went on one of his characters with skills. But then I noticed he was wearing a female Kimono that has some SERIOUS clipping issues in the EC with the gorget and leather tunic... it looked HORRIBLE. So I was a tad preoccupied with that.