• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NEWS Developer Meet and Greet on Napa Valley ~ March 24, 2021

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
It was a very light night as far as questions go.

Interesting this time around that Mesanna asked just about everyone "did that answer your question" rather than the usual "Here's my take on what you said.... NEXT!!". Wonder if someone said something to her about that.

Drakelord

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Awards
It was almost over with that first question, no one had click the stone so I ran over hit it and was called to ask my question, which I made on the fly as I had no real question, I am still waiting for that answer in the news letter about those Mob bars in game being the same color as summons. I want to see a color that POPS when I hit that ctrl/shift on the mobs.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
It was a very light night as far as questions go.

Interesting this time around that Mesanna asked just about everyone "did that answer your question" rather than the usual "Here's my take on what you said.... NEXT!!". Wonder if someone said something to her about that.
When it comes to Mesanna it's all down to mood of the day... cranky move along... happy .... great to deal with you whatever you got... must have been a good mood day.

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Alas, this is my 3rd M&G in the last 18 months trying to get this issue fixed, not counting posting it in the bugs forum and multiple emails. It’s literally reproducible almost on command....

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
She's still pretending that she bothers reading all those e-mails she insists on people sending rather than dealing with the question then and there. It's not like she didn't have time to discuss that issue since there were only a few people attending. So if they set aside an hour for the M&G then she still had more than half of that time left. Every single Meet & Greet she acts like this is the first she heard of an issue when the person bringing it up has sent her multiple e-mails. She is beyond useless. :(

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
She's still pretending that she bothers reading all those e-mails she insists on people sending rather than dealing with the question then and there. It's not like she didn't have time to discuss that issue since there were only a few people attending. So if they set aside an hour for the M&G then she still had more than half of that time left. Every single Meet & Greet she acts like this is the first she heard of an issue when the person bringing it up has sent her multiple e-mails. She is beyond useless. :(
I thought the same thing when I read the transcript. I was thinking to myself as @Merus described in detail every aspect of the bug "wouldn't this have been in the email?". All the while she's asking questions like she never read the email but saying "ah yes just wanted to make sure I read your email correctly". It was pretty obvious to me that she never read the email in detail (maybe she just flipped it over to her husband to look at as the "QC guy").

Given such a light M&G, I'm wondering if they would have let people ask a few questions.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I thought the same thing when I read the transcript. I was thinking to myself as @Merus
Given such a light M&G, I'm wondering if they would have let people ask a few questions.
We had one on LS that was not documented. A player asked questions for at least 30 minutes.

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
@Merus I'm glad you got a reply so quickly, let's see how long it takes them to fix it.

Great DC

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dont get your hopes up, i proved a bug with getting high amounts of loot with (of defense/fortified) with Kyronix on TC about 2 1/2 years ago. Still hasnt been fixed yet.

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Even less chance now that they have this New Legacy toy to play with, a small team gets less done when their time is split trying to make two different versions of one game. :(

Lindae Lives

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Even less chance now that they have this New Legacy toy to play with, a small team gets less done when their time is split trying to make two different versions of one game. :(
the dev team being perpetually absorbed with remakes of the game is part of the charm at this point. all the players seem perfectly happy with the same old game from 1997 - its antiquity is the appeal! - while all the developer resources go into endless attempts to drag it into the 21st century that take years to produce, last for about six months, and then get canned to make way for the next attempted remake. how many 3d clients have we seen come and go at this point? i love it lol

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
i can't wait for the virtual reality client!
Just wait for the Augmented Reality Client! Be walking through a store aisle in RL with your phone out, and suddenly a Troll appears in front of you! Oh wait, that already happens nowadays at Walmart. Be walking through the gym, and a Titan appears! Nevermind, that's just a guy juiced-to-the-gills on steroids. Be sitting at your dinner table, and a Harpy appears! Oh wait, that's your mother-in-law. Lol.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I’m looking forward to NL
Me also.

The forum trolls and dev haters should also. There will be lots of bugs, server down, players that are better and faster than the norm, many things for them to hot cake about.

Miri of Sonoma

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Alas, this is my 3rd M&G in the last 18 months trying to get this issue fixed, not counting posting it in the bugs forum and multiple emails. It’s literally reproducible almost on command....
I didn't see anything in the M&G that referred to the fact that the macro also targets NON hostiles all the time :( like guildmates RCs & EVs, cats, dogs, LLAMAS! , etc). I hope the fix will address that issue as well. I would have preferred that they said they would fix it in the next publish rather than a "future" publish.

Thank you Merus for being a pest *smiles*.

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I didn't see anything in the M&G that referred to the fact that the macro also targets NON hostiles all the time :( like guildmates RCs & EVs, cats, dogs, LLAMAS! , etc). I hope the fix will address that issue as well. I would have preferred that they said they would fix it in the next publish rather than a "future" publish.

Thank you Merus for being a pest *smiles*.
Yes, that was part of my original bug post on the official forums... but at this point I’ll settle for baby steps.

Drakelord

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Awards
When I can tell the difference between a normal summon and a MOB boss in a battle like this, I will be happy
5-25-210028.jpg 5-25-210029.jpg

dancingrocks

Adventurer
UNLEASHED
Will have to see more than what they've shown to judge ....

It's easy to judge.

New Legacy is not being crafted for the current player base.

Broadsword believes the prospect of new fish is far more valuable than the current stable of dying cash cows.

Greg makes that pretty clear in the latest Ultima Online video uploaded to YouTube at around timestamp 40:00.

Through their actions, it's apparent Broadsword stopped caring about all of you a while ago.
It's cute some of you still care for them.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
New Legacy is not being crafted for the current player base.
Exactly, we know the ins and outs. NL will have a skill gain system that involves quests, which forum posters hate.

They are trying to get away from the grind of casting Evasion over and over afk like I have been doing for 3 days now and my Bush skill is only 88.7.

That in no way means regular players are excluded.

dancingrocks

Adventurer
UNLEASHED
Exactly, we know the ins and outs. NL will have a skill gain system that involves quests, which forum posters hate.

They are trying to get away from the grind of casting Evasion over and over afk like I have been doing for 3 days now and my Bush skill is only 88.7.

That in no way means regular players are excluded.
I understand you're a fan of defending the actions of the current team, however I'm not sure what you're trying to communicate.

I don't see how afk macroing can be considered grinding.

I'm also under the assumption afk macroing is a punishable offense.
Seems like an odd activity to be advertising publicly.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I understand you're a fan of defending the actions of the current team, however I'm not sure what you're trying to communicate.

I don't see how afk macroing can be considered grinding.

I'm also under the assumption afk macroing is a punishable offense.
Seems like an odd activity to be advertising publicly.
Trying to communicate that the current system is so boring that it results in afk macroing. But I am right here by the computer watching TV on the screen to the right. So I am not afk.

Maybe they want a fresh start to bring in new players and keep the old ones that were not leaving anyway.

Last edited:

dvv

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
People are so dramatic saying “Broadsword doesn’t care about us”. They keep setting up events, attending meet and greets, sending newsletters, even doing steams to talk about NL. They seem excited about what they put out. This doesn’t reflect a company that doesn’t care about their player base. You have some issues with the direction they go in, fine. But to say they don’t care is greatly inaccurate in my opinion.

Landicine

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
... are you implying that the dev team is stealing money from the game?
Don't our subscription and other UO related purchases go through EA? The team is about the same size as when Broadsword took over managing the game, so unless EA's business people gave Broadsword more money to run UO than they spent running it themselves, that implication makes no sense.

dancingrocks

Adventurer
UNLEASHED
People are so dramatic saying “Broadsword doesn’t care about us”. They keep setting up events, attending meet and greets, sending newsletters, even doing steams to talk about NL. They seem excited about what they put out. This doesn’t reflect a company that doesn’t care about their player base. You have some issues with the direction they go in, fine. But to say they don’t care is greatly inaccurate in my opinion.
The items you mentioned are part of their job and do not display the action of caring for a player-base.

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
You want to use lightning strike to get bush to 120.
Gregorio is also your friend here.
Get a Phantom in Despise up to Lvl 15, and have it discord your Bushido char. Wear a 55% LMC/30 MR Suit with 4/6 Casting. Spam Confidence or Counter Attack. I got Bushido from 50.0-GM within a few hours doing this on my latest ABC Archer. Works well for Chiv to 120 as well, and lots of other skills.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Get a Phantom in Despise up to Lvl 15, and have it discord your Bushido char. Wear a 55% LMC/30 MR Suit with 4/6 Casting. Spam Confidence or Counter Attack. I got Bushido from 50.0-GM within a few hours doing this on my latest ABC Archer. Works well for Chiv to 120 as well, and lots of other skills.
Read my title to the left. I rarely do the grind to skill. I either just play and accept what I get or do it with a coin. I am up to 94.4 now. I did kill Balrons for almost 2 hours yesterday, only got .2 gain for that. Last skill is Parry so that one will require playing.

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
This is good to know, thanks!