• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NEWS Developer Meet And Greet ~ Europa ~ February 25

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Larisa submitted a new Article:

Developer Meet And Greet ~ Europa ~ February 25

Mesanna: good afternoon Europa
Mesanna: shall we begin
Kyronix: Hellllllllllllloooooo Europa!
EM Sarah: Good evening !!
Mesanna: pull them
Ter Mur: Oh!
EM Sarah: Hail Ter Mur
Ter Mur: Hello dear devs
Ter Mur: hello EM Sarah!
Mesanna: Greetings
Ter Mur: Thanks for being here!
Ter Mur: My question would be:
Ter Mur: Is there a plan where you
Ter Mur: revise the collections?
Mesanna: which collections?
Ter Mur: Say, library, Zoo, museum
Mesanna: yes
Ter Mur: New points, rewards and stuff
Lady Mesanna says: we have it on our list to revise those
Ter Mur says: Thats good to hear, I am happy!
Ter Mur says: Next year?
Lady Mesanna says: good
Ter Mur says: Next year?
Lady Mesanna says: we don't...
Read more about this article here...

Great DC

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I love how over half the people at the meet and greet had issues with idoc's and the scripting plus the ridiculous timers, and mesanna just flat out says shes doing nothing about it. Why do they even show up to these things if she is just going to ignore the playerbases concerns??! These kind of things are major issues for the game and they are more concerned with how to fire cannons. I understand cannons were ridiculous but that issue should have been fixed when high seas came out originally or very shortly after, not now 7-8 years later. They really need someone to go work down there with some real business sense to set correct priorities. Im so tired of this teams failures, keep Bleak and fire the rest. To me its blantently obvious whos cheating in this game and can easily be seen through items and times logged in and so forth. I could go on about this but whats the point, game is done for as long as this team is still around.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
:cheerleader:in Regard to helping players who made a mistake. This person chose the wrong shield.

: [Crystal] Badger says: I picked one few years back
: [Crystal] Badger says: by mistake
: [Crystal] Badger says: wrong shard
: [Crystal] Badger says: Im stuc with one i dont use
: [Crystal] Lady Mesanna says: how long ago was this?
: [Crystal] Badger says: About 3 years ago
: [Crystal] Lady Mesanna says: ahh see if you had just done this
: [Crystal] Badger says: Legends shield
: [Crystal] Lady Mesanna says: and paged or emailed me right then
: [Crystal] Lady Mesanna says: I would have changed it
: [Crystal] Lady Mesanna says: not 3 years later
: [Crystal] Badger says: ok
: [Crystal] Lady Mesanna says: if you make an honest mistake
: [Crystal] Lady Mesanna says: we will try to help you
: [Crystal] Badger says: Aye it was

: [Crystal] Lady Mesanna says: everyone fat fingers stuff
: [Crystal] Lady Mesanna says: we do understand

I love how over half the people at the meet and greet had issues with idoc's and the scripting plus the ridiculous timers, and mesanna just flat out says shes doing nothing about it. Why do they even show up to these things if she is just going to ignore the playerbases concerns??! These kind of things are major issues for the game and they are more concerned with how to fire cannons. I understand cannons were ridiculous but that issue should have been fixed when high seas came out originally or very shortly after, not now 7-8 years later. They really need someone to go work down there with some real business sense to set correct priorities. Im so tired of this teams failures, keep Bleak and fire the rest. To me its blantently obvious whos cheating in this game and can easily be seen through items and times logged in and so forth. I could go on about this but whats the point, game is done for as long as this team is still around.
Read what the players said: The first one could not explain what is happening at all. packies containers 5 toons packies containers Script. So that confused her. The second one made her think he wants all the items in an IDOC deleted. The third one was asked to be more specific, provide a website. They couldn't.

If you know what is going on them email her like she said.

Great DC

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
LOLOL its been the same 3-5 people doing it for over a decade. Literally everyone in game can tell you their names, how come they don't know (or do they) and choose to not do anything.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
LOLOL its been the same 3-5 people doing it for over a decade. Literally everyone in game can tell you their names, how come they don't know (or do they) and choose to not do anything.
Because they do not play in the game nor monitor things like an IDOC. I witnessed this activity on LS last month. I do not know who controls the 5 gargoyles or what they did. They spent an hour at the trash bin going thru the items. I went to the cavern and got a few items, nothing good. The items in containers go poof.

I saw it happen and can provide no information to the developers that can stop it.

Great DC

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Because they do not play in the game nor monitor things like an IDOC. I witnessed this activity on LS last month. I do not know who controls the 5 gargoyles or what they did. They spent an hour at the trash bin going thru the items. I went to the cavern and got a few items, nothing good. The items in containers go poof.

I saw it happen and can provide no information to the developers that can stop it.
Why do they pay GM's then? Just fire them and use the money on something else, like more donuts for our fat dev team.

jack flash uk

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I call BULLSH*T on the IDOC thing, Mesanna knows there is cheating at IDOCS I sent her over 100 screenshots of tracked llama and white tigers hidden for hours and then zipping about in straight lines when the IDOCS fall, then stay hidden for ages after. She even claims to be watching as I gave her fall times and locations. She did NOTHING. and won't do anything . Scandalous so the scriptures win as always. Shame no-one asked her about Avatar and how they do sod all about that RMT selling stealing form their game. lol PATHETIC really

Last edited:

Maximus Neximus

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I call BULLSH*T on the IDOC thing, Mesanna knows there is cheating at IDOCS I sent her over 100 screenshots of tracked llama and white tigers hidden for hours and then zipping about in straight lines when the IDOCS fall, then stay hidden for ages after. She even claims to be watching as I gave her fall times and locations. She did NOTHING. and won't do anything . Scandalous so the scriptures win as always. Shame no-one asked her about Avatar and how they do sod all about that RMT selling stealing form their game. lol PATHETIC really
I can't speak on the IDOCs. As far as the Avatar spamming all day, I really can't think of any logical programming method to stop that.

petemage

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I can't speak on the IDOCs. As far as the Avatar spamming all day, I really can't think of any logical programming method to stop that.
That's the excuses they love. Yes, there is no technical solution to this.

But burning down some houses to rubber never took an automated detection method. Just a bold Producer enforcing the ToS.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
99.9% of all script programs and all that crap including what they use at the IDOCs all come from programs that use the CC...

If they just shut down the CC all those scripters would be out of business and their lovely programs would no longer work and they would have to learn to adapt to the EC which won't allow a majority of that crap.

Do you think that Avatar is actually logging in all day long on those accounts spamming that crap at the keyboard? Hell no... he's probably running some account selling stuff to people making a buck ...... that logging in spamming crap is all a big script... run using the CC...

Deraj

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Really because there are words you can not type in chat. Are you telling me they can not just add the url to that list?
He is correct. The spammer will simply change the format of their spam. For example if there was a bot shilling for stratics.com in the chat, and the devs added the string "stratics.com" to some filter, the spammer would then change it to "stratics dot com". If they add "stratics dot com" to the filter, the spammer would simply change their format again.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Oh I can..... put the CC to rest. That'll stop it.
You are %1000 right and at the same time it will prevent you from playing UO on an official server. Closing down either server will close enough accounts that EA will be forced to close UO do to lack of money. Please do not use the oh they will just log in with the EC BULLCRAP.

Tjalle

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
He is correct. The spammer will simply change the format of their spam. For example if there was a bot shilling for stratics.com in the chat, and the devs added the string "stratics.com" to some filter, the spammer would then change it to "stratics dot com". If they add "stratics dot com" to the filter, the spammer would simply change their format again.
But eventually he will run out of formats.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
You are %1000 right and at the same time it will prevent you from playing UO on an official server. Closing down either server will close enough accounts that EA will be forced to close UO do to lack of money. Please do not use the oh they will just log in with the EC BULLCRAP.
I'm aware... but everyone is aware of the issue with the CC... It's why most won't switch to the EC ... they like their scripts and 3rd party programs.

Spartan

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I'm aware... but everyone is aware of the issue with the CC... It's why most won't switch to the EC ... they like their scripts and 3rd party programs.
I'd use the EC if the damned graphics didn't give me a headache. Seriously. I keep trying but have to log after about 15 minutes.

CC + UOA is my current setup but I'm slowly playing with CC macros to eventually drop UOA. I don't do IDOCs so have no need of the other stuff.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I do not run scripts, my friends do not run scripts and the only 3 party programs we use is UOA and UOAM and guess what they are allowed. Get rid of those FUGLY GOD AWFUL GRAPHICS in the EC and we might try it until then get off the CC.

Deraj

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
But eventually he will run out of formats.
To be honest, I doubt it. Even if the devs were willing to play that game the number of potential variations that could be used to convey the URL could possibly number in the hundreds of thousands or more. And at what point would the filters begin to impede on regular players' ability to communicate? I just don't see it as a feasible solution.

Perhaps a better solution would be to let players set custom chat filters in their client config, rather than filter the messages server side. That way the spammer would be unable to know to what extent his variations are being filtered on an individual level. It's not as ideal as getting the guy to stop altogether but at the very least if it annoys you would have some ability to tune it out.

Drakelord

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Awards
Sorry I have issues with the EC and cannot play it. The only time I will log in the EC is to use the scroll in and out feature for house placement, other then that I refuse to play it.

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
No. I like the CC. The movement, the artwork, the gameplay, the way I walk instead of skate everywhere. The majority of CC players are good people, you need to quit branding us all with that iron

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
No. I like the CC. The movement, the artwork, the gameplay, the way I walk instead of skate everywhere. The majority of CC players are good people, you need to quit branding us all with that iron
Really? Go to any EM EVent, IDOC, Fel... and you'll know why I brand a bunch that way... because it's true...

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Really? Go to any EM EVent, IDOC, Fel... and you'll know why I brand a bunch that way... because it's true...
Not to be a jerk but do you really think shutting down cc would fix it? If so you vastly underestimate the human desire to win by any means necessary. Within a month you would have cheaters taking advantage of EC vastly optimizable interface. You can bank on that.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Not to be a jerk but do you really think shutting down cc would fix it? If so you vastly underestimate the human desire to win by any means necessary. Within a month you would have cheaters taking advantage of EC vastly optimizable interface. You can bank on that.
I would be willing to bet that they already have and with the way EC works it is probably hard to tell.

Ender

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Maybe you should fix your system because even a cheap basic system will run the CC without stuttering.
My system is fine, I play most modern games over 100 frames per second. The way the client works is the issue, not my system.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
My system is fine, I play most modern games over 100 frames per second. The way the client works is the issue, not my system.
I do not care what you say your system can run because if it cant run UO without stuttering then it is crap. Strange that I run a Dual Quad (yes 8 CPUs) that runs any business and game program flawlessly and I have ZERO stutter.

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
I know what @Ender means, but I never noticed it until I stopped playing the CC, now every time I log into it for whatever reason it's really obvious and annoying. My sister came back for less than 2 hours and refused to play any more because 'the jerking made her feel ill' she doesn't have an old or bad computer. I'm not dissing the CC, I was a die-hard fan until 3 years ago when I came back and had horrible tendonitis which forced me to change client for less clicking. I'm just saying I have noticed it.

Lady Michelle

Sprite Full SP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
@Bleak is it possible when a house falls to make it so no storage container can be picked up til it's empty ? something like how t-map chests work plus have the storage container close everytime something is removed like the mailbox does.

Ender

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
That's exactly what I'm referring to. It doesn't matter what's in my PC, the classic client is always going to feel like that to me. Unplayable.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I can't play the CC anymore... can't even remember how to talk in the CC have a hard time figuring out how the heck to log out...

And I feel I do some 2 steps, go stop, maneuver whenever playing in the CC. There is no zoom and I honestly can't play without Pinco's... I like knowing all the properties of items with their caps...

I'm not gonna memorize a bunch of stat properties and cap properties... I have enough with my work remembering all the normal ranges of things and 100's of other things I have to remember every day and such I don't want to pack any more than I need to into my mind... I just want to relax and play UO...

I guess that's why I have ZERO interest in PvP... I don't want to "panic" play... I want to just relax... kill things, get stuff, rp and deco... talk to my friends have a good time... and a good time to me does not involve ruining anyone else's day... or hurting anyone or anything like that... just having fun. Relaxing, collecting things... working on characters or pets...

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Oh hey it's okay.....free speech and all ;)

Though it does seem to have turned into yet another CC vs. EC discussion...I think by now we can all agree that SOME of us love the CC, SOME of us love the EC and SOME of us love both and just leave it at that...can we do that...PLEASE....this CC vs. EC thing is just REALLY really old.....

As far as IDOC's go....I cannot come up with a good solution....I know they can tell when scripting is going on....I know they have the ability to stop it....I haven't done an IDOC in YEARS....since the changes.....though they were scripted before, it was nowhere near the volume that they are now, with better and more sophisticated programs today.

The way I look at IDOC's is that it's one more person who stopped paying...stopped playing...and it's very sad :(

Dixie chessy/legends

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
you know what would be a neat thing to do with idoc loot....I mean its not gonna happen, I just think it would be neat...….if every time an idoc decayed that little random orange or purple "some crazy color" mobs spawned with 125 of said items on it...…...I mean like it could absoutly spawn as anything, in any part of uo…..you could have a flock of crows in the middle of yew farms and this crazy looking crow hanging with them could be packing idoc loot ……...and if it spawns on a bally then it should be hard as a bally, if it spawns on a mongbat it should be hard as a mongbat…...they shouldn't even be named different "that way scripts wont pick them up" see the good thing about idocs is that even the most newbish of toons can go to them and loot something...if they set up a system like I just mentioned even a newb could still do that...…...and you would actually have people out exploring the lands again....

Sergey

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
A bit unclear moment with legendary artifacts - I so understood, that Massana told? there is a chance of loss with the legendary mod for 12.. But for a huge amount of time I have not seen more than 8. Treasures were just stupid, and the market periodically appear things with 10, 11, 12 mods. Maybe it's old stock. But something's done with the drop-out system. What is again done clumsily. In next times. Either there is a 1/1000000 chance or is there really someone made a mistake