• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NEWS Developer Meet And Greet ~ Europa, August 28th 2017

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Larisa submitted a new Article:

Developer Meet And Greet ~ Europa, August 28th 2017

[Shandara]: good evening

[Kyronix]: Greetings!

[Mesanna]: Good evening

[Shandara]: Lets talk about BODs

[Shandara]: Is there plans to make the BOD Books usuable locked down and only counting as one unit?

[Mesanna]: not at the time

[Mesanna]: I will say this

[Shandara]: Thank you for your time

[Mesanna]: if its locked down I do not have an issue but its different if its in your pack

[Mesanna]: Hi Anna

[Anna Goodward]: 'ello. Long time no see

[Kyronix]: Hello!

[Mesanna]: tis true

[Anna Goodward]: I got 4 topics to address at this time

[Anna Goodward]: If you don't mind

[Mesanna]: ?

[Anna Goodward]: Yep

[Anna Goodward]: So 1st...
Read more about this article here...

Cupid

Lore Keeper
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Hmmm link seems to go to wrong place.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mervyn

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Messana was unnecessarily rude, i got ejected and told "next" before i could ask my question, I didn't even get time to throw an insult. Also, does anyone know what she was blabbering on about Kindling? Perhaps it was a language barrier but i could not understand a word of what she was saying.

King Greg

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
My favorite part was when she started moving her character up the z axis to place a skinned goat..which just spammed everyones journals with "You See: Mesanna"
While someone was trying to ask a question

Mervyn

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Also,

It seems Messana should really moderate some of the drivel that comes out of the other dev's mouths:
(re missing armour inherent bonus stats)
[Kyronix]: Until we find a more elegant way to display item properties on an item
[Kyronix]: So that it is not a wall of text

Some of the answers are a total embarassment to everyone, i was cringing. Rather than answering the questions in a tone taking the questions as criticism, how about they appreciate the questions and the feedback? Instead of defending someone's shoddy workmanship.

Last edited:

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
You can't be near a previous location that was ambushed ??? he just made that answer up LOL

Angel of Sonoma

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Messana was unnecessarily rude, i got ejected and told "next" before i could ask my question, I didn't even get time to throw an insult. Also, does anyone know what she was blabbering on about Kindling? Perhaps it was a language barrier but i could not understand a word of what she was saying.
i wonder if she was talking about auto-logout when you have a bedroll and kindling in your pack? that's the only thing i could think of that makes any sense.

Angel of Sonoma

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
You can't be near a previous location that was ambushed ??? he just made that answer up LOL
i wish he gave more of an explanation. there is an area near minoc where i've gotten ambushers to spawn in the same spot on several different trips. same thing near trinsic. sometimes i can get 6 spawns in that same vicinity (3 different hot spots within a 40 tile radius.). i usually make several passes in that area until the spawn stops.

thanks brian freud for asking about the drop rate. it is horrible and i was extremely disappointed to hear they won't do anything about it. one of the worst grinds ever.

Great DC

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
What is with people who have played a long time asking about special stuff? This idea of self entitlement makes me sick! If the veterans that have ACTUALLY played this time need something to do, try this. Mandatory time allotted to standing in new haven instructing and helping new players get to the know the game. Kinda like how doctors have to do free clinic duty in hospitals. Everyone that pays to play should be able to get the same stuff in game and enjoy it as much as anyone else. And don't even get me started on shard shields!!! :rant2::rant2::fight:

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
@Mervyn

You asked if logging out was part of the game.

Love this part:

[Mesanna]: this is the only thing we are going to say on this matter

[Mesanna]: first off

[Mesanna]: using kindling after you have tamed a pet

[Mesanna]: when not trying to run away from something or exploit something toget a pet in the stables

[Mesanna]: is not an exploit

[Mesanna]: and last time I looked

[Pervyn]: using kindling?

[Mesanna]: I think we *points to the team* deem what is an exploit and what is not

[Mesanna]: have a good evening sir

You youngsters have it easy nowdays.
You can can be in your house or recall to an Inn and log off without any worries about your character being safe.
Back in my day. If you didn't start a fire and unroll your bed roll, you weren't logged off safely. You may wake up dead when you log on the next time.
Things were quite different back then. The lichs outside Delucia took a few players to kill. And usually a player or two died in the process. After a few rounds of fighting, we would go under a tree and go to sleep for the night. (log off) You use your kindling to start a fire and unroll your bed roll and wait for the message that tells you everything is safe.

Memories. It was really part of the game.

Pet logging is part of the log off procedure.

I think she made this very clear.

Continue the campaign for more info on armor and stats tho.

Mervyn

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think Messana just proved she is unfit to represent the majority by imposing her Snowflake views that have caused this game to lose players.
Same reason there's only 1 fel shard (that isn't a real shard)

And you skipped the part where she said next and kicked me before i could ask my questions.

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
I would have to reply that logging out IS part of the game...unless you stay logged in 24/7...which some people might do...but eventually you have to LOG OUT! lol so yeah it's kinda part of the game ;)

Though I did state somewhere..this thread or the other I don't remember which....that I do use this ~Exploit~ quite often when my pet is in trouble I run off and log out to save it....probably shouldn't do that but I do..as I'm sure a lot of tamers do. OR if I die and my pet is fighting I log out to save it....then re-log after I'm rezzed.....so yeah...not sure if that's an EXPLOIT since it's part of the game but it is definitely less risk for you and your pet.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I think Messana just proved she is unfit to represent the majority by imposing her Snowflake views that have caused this game to lose players.
Same reason there's only 1 fel shard (that isn't a real shard)

And you skipped the part where she said next and kicked me before i could ask my questions.
This was your attitude before you asked the question. You got what you deserved.

I will be attending, however i am reserving my questions for a more hostile nature.

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
And here I thought I would avoid saying anything in this thread because I thought the M&G was mostly acceptable.

1) BOD books: It's time for the team to pull their heads out of the sand and acquiesce to fairly the near universal player demand that these books function like SoT/SOA/PS books. Useable while locked down on the ground and requiring significantly fewer lockdowns then they currently do.

You encouraged hoarding.

Own. It.

2) Part I - The Not-So-Ordinary World: Again, near universal consensus that things aren't "working as intended," specifically when brigands seem to spawn so rarely. While yes, Part I is available for ~7 weeks, people don't want to have to do the same thing constantly to complete a collection of 11(!) items. Saying that "we don't need them" or that they are "just to push the plot" is.. well... a failure. This is UO. People collect things. (Hence why you all made the 30(!!!!!) different platinum dragon statue events. Sadists.)

UO players like collecting things.

UO players want things to be more casual then you seem to accept.

Continuously aggravate the players and they leave.

Do not ignore the wishes of your audience.
3) Logging in/out re pets: @Mervyn : You got your answer. You. Lost. Drop it and find a new :bdh:

Grace of Minoc

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
And here I thought I would avoid saying anything in this thread because I thought the M&G was mostly acceptable.

2) Part I - The Not-So-Ordinary World: Again, near universal consensus that things aren't "working as intended," specifically when brigands seem to spawn so rarely. While yes, Part I is available for ~7 weeks, people don't want to have to do the same thing constantly to complete a collection of 11(!) items. Saying that "we don't need them" or that they are "just to push the plot" is.. well... a failure. This is UO. People collect things. (Hence why you all made the 30(!!!!!) different platinum dragon statue events. Sadists.)

UO players like collecting things.

UO players want things to be more casual then you seem to accept.

Continuously aggravate the players and they leave.

Do not ignore the wishes of your audience.
Only responding to the arc issues:

I too like to have nice things, but am not a usually a collector of useless things (ie deco) Adventuring is my thing, and thus am disappointed after spending all this time to get a full set of the ambush items on a sword/shield warrior (not a sampire) that they are just collector items and not turn ins for something useful in adventuring.

So I agree, "just to push the plot" is a disappointment.

Only thing I have going is the relief of not having to do a trade run again. EVER. lol

But dayum, that relief feels good!

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Only responding to the arc issues:

I too like to have nice things, but am not a usually a collector of useless things (ie deco) Adventuring is my thing, and thus am disappointed after spending all this time to get a full set of the ambush items on a sword/shield warrior (not a sampire) that they are just collector items and not turn ins for something useful in adventuring.

So I agree, "just to push the plot" is a disappointment.

Only thing I have going is the relief of not having to do a trade run again. EVER. lol

But dayum, that relief feels good!
Sadly this is what's going to happen... People are going to become so agitated with trying to get the set that it will tork them off forever and NO ONE will ever do another... so the coffers will fill for awhile while people are trying to get that set.... and then after the event... they will dry up and die because people will be so sick to death of doing them.... Thanks DEV's ...... NOT

TB Cookie [W]

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Meet and Greet looks ok to me.

• I would have liked to make it, but I didn't have any more relevant questions, and good fun PvP came up, we were having a massive fight during this. :)
  • This Dev team are doing great for 5 people, game is running pretty well and I'm actually enjoying many aspects.
  • Mervyn, who really cares about pet logging out bug, it affects no-one, it is helpful to some - in fact, the only people who abuse it are you and your guild? And you don't see me complaining - I'm the only one with a right to complain here as your pet would have no stats if this were fixed - and I'd love your pet to have no stats :grin:
  • Some of the questions are a bit self entitled, yes this annoys me a little, I would wish we'd stick to meatier issues. But then it's nice there is that level of engagement also.
  • Re the Kyronix Wall of Text response on item properties - actually a very good response, that wall of text is my biggest bugbear ingame - the reason I don't hunt for armour, but am happy to farm for anything else. 1 treasure chest, 100 items with up to 14 mods to scan your eyes over, it's not as cool as it could be - 1 monster, 10 items, not much time to look. The fact he mentioned it, means it's in his mind, which is pretty awesome. 1 solution for Kyronix, remove some of the negative properties, we don't need them. :) (or massively reduce the volume of items dropped also).
  • I noticed they at least recognise the issue with crafting, runic reforging and imbuing v mob drops, which is good also.
  • They appear to be thinking about VvV, and Rogues, and bringing other styles back into game, like T Hunters - this is all great for promoting the different playstyles.
  • I also think I saw somewhere they have the chat system in mind, this is good also.

To me, it looks like they are getting more switched on about the real issues ingame.

Things like the style of the phoenix, and pet insta log - on the scale of things, they are not affecting anyone, and we shouldn't be wasting time on them.
But I do agree, there are maybe some small long running easy low hanging fruit style bugs they could fix, but right now, I can't even think of any.
I think we need to be far more specific on these boards, we create a hell of a lot of drivvle and chaff, it's hard for them to sift through, like it's hard for me sifting through all those items.

Mervyn, focus more ingame, building your team up, they are being demolished and demoralised right now. :pancakes:

Last edited:

Tabby Kapak

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
.that I do use this ~Exploit~ quite often when my pet is in trouble I run off and log out to save it....probably shouldn't do that but I do..as I'm sure a lot of tamers do
Well, we use this sometimes, but only when the pet goes unresponsive or “stuck” in a battle. And no, it is not a failed command, we mean when you yell “all/name follow me” and get that “yes I will” sound but nothing happens. And they are not (yet) surrounded, not near dead, so they should be able to turn around and walk. Plus, pets always blindly find their way into trouble, but can’t bypass 1 tiny rock to make their way back. When we get nonsense like that, we help them a little coming back. With a re-log! And we simply fail to see what is the problem of that game mechanic?

Sadly this is what's going to happen... People are going to become so agitated with trying to get the set that it will tork them off forever and NO ONE will ever do another... so the coffers will fill for awhile while people are trying to get that set.... and then after the event... they will dry up and die because people will be so sick to death of doing them.... Thanks DEV's ...... NOT
We tend to disagree, this event FINALLY pushed the Trade Quests to the top of our Things-to-do lists, where they had lingered on for years without ever getting to them. And we find them pretty fun to do! So we will be doing them more often, also after this event ends. It gives us a sense of accomplishment to help 2 cities in one go. Maybe because we are new to it, but well, everything should be done in moderation anyway. Many people are complaining about the grind and the poor drops, but would it be fun if after 2 days everyone had their sets complete? We don’t think so, then things are considered “too easy”. Devs never can do it right anyway, cause one cannot please all. We feel it is good you have to work towards that goal. Some days have been good, others bad, that is the randomness. We have also used different characters to increase their loyalty and also hoping a little for different drops on different chars, since that often seems to happen. (Although indeed there is a strong emphasis on the amulets and phylacteries here.) Anyway, to get the last few items, a bit of trading should be part of it. Several complained the Folded Stole hardly drops, we have 3! So hopefully many people can be happy with their full sets in the end. (We are on 7 different items now.)

I would wish we'd stick to meatier issues.
Hmmm, the problem with that is that probably for almost every other player in UO, the answer to “what are meaty things” will be a different one? You mentioned one of your big gripes is that wall of text on items, we couldn’t care less to be honest. About that text, not meaning to diminish your problem. We will readily admit that the gems on the Curator Quest or the Cleaver that BODs won’t accept are not issues of a high importance, but if it s an easy fix, we’ll be happy if they change it.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
We tend to disagree, this event FINALLY pushed the Trade Quests to the top of our Things-to-do lists, where they had lingered on for years without ever getting to them. And we find them pretty fun to do! So we will be doing them more often, also after this event ends. It gives us a sense of accomplishment to help 2 cities in one go. Maybe because we are new to it, but well, everything should be done in moderation anyway. Many people are complaining about the grind and the poor drops, but would it be fun if after 2 days everyone had their sets complete? We don’t think so, then things are considered “too easy”. Devs never can do it right anyway, cause one cannot please all. We feel it is good you have to work towards that goal. Some days have been good, others bad, that is the randomness. We have also used different characters to increase their loyalty and also hoping a little for different drops on different chars, since that often seems to happen. (Although indeed there is a strong emphasis on the amulets and phylacteries here.) Anyway, to get the last few items, a bit of trading should be part of it. Several complained the Folded Stole hardly drops, we have 3! So hopefully many people can be happy with their full sets in the end. (We are on 7 different items now.)
I would be fine if each event took 2 days to get all the items. I have many pets to train and skill. I could even go check BODs again. I havent done BODs since the pet revamp came out.

But it is fun to see the PvPers in chat talking about their collections.

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
... My entire life I have never understood why some people tend to be so asanine when recieving an answer they disagree with. Has being condescending or rude ever actually benefited the one doing it?

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
My husband always says you get more with a smile than a frown....he is quite optimistic though! :p Yeah I get that some people feel frustrated when they don't get the answer they want, but throwing a hissy fit won't get them to change their minds!