• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NEWS Developer Meet And Greet, Catskills, Oct. 16th 2017

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Larisa submitted a new Article:

Developer Meet And Greet, Catskills, Oct. 16th 2017

[Mesanna]: Good evening everyone

[Mesanna]: let me gather the troops and we can begin

[Mesanna]: waiting on bleak

[Mesanna]: lets begin

[Mesanna]: Greetings

[Faeryl Tyr'athem]: Good evening.

[Faeryl Tyr'athem]: I had two questions tonight.

[Faeryl Tyr'athem]: The first... Are there any plans to finish the current housing tile sets?

[Faeryl Tyr'athem]: You keep adding new ones, but there are many pieces missing from old ones that currently

[Faeryl Tyr'athem]: cripple certain designs

[Mesanna]: I agree some are not complete

[Mesanna]: and the foundations are not complete etc

[Mesanna]: I would like to finish them personally...
Read more about this article here...

WildStar

UO Baja News Reporter
Reporter
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Good news on the BOD book issue.

At least they understand the problem now and are going to look at it.

Riyana

Operations
Administrator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Event Coordinator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
I had one of my characteristically long-winded posts written up, but I think I'll just go with: this was a particularly disheartening meet and greet.

skett

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Once again I didn’t mean to be rude there I had log out. Family issues take precedence.

arkiu

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
The good: Killroth's interesting idea on the repair wand as a vet reward and Messana's willingness to let him design it and have it named after him. At this point I'd just suggest not having to recharge it with deeds since that will likely lead to an unnecessary click fest but a solid idea all around.

The bad: Messana's cold and illogical response to Stevie's valid questioning why multiboxers should basically get a 6 month grace period until its enforced more harshly. That **** needs to stop now because its cheating and ruins EM events and if they have the means now then there is no excuse. Disappointing to see that kinda response.

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I had one of my characteristically long-winded posts written up, but I think I'll just go with: this was a particularly disheartening meet and greet.
What was particularly disheartening about it? Seemed the same ole same ole to me.

Mervyn

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It's interesting that Messana is aware of the high demand for a fel only shard. This would've attracted a lot of people to UO, perhaps it would be an ideal time to do it with Endless Journey about to bring a lot of players back.

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
And why did she laugh when I introduced myself as their #1 fan...that coulda hurt my feelings! :(

TB Cookie [W]

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
[Ezekial Roberts]: Evening
[Ezekial Roberts]: I have two questions, one of which I am not sure comes up often
[Ezekial Roberts]: My first is about the magery skill, It's been pretty much the same since the game's creation.
[Ezekial Roberts]: I've noticed when it comes to balance, Focused mages seem to get a bit of the short end of the stick.. in PvM I mean
[Ezekial Roberts]: I was curious if there were any plans to work on that, to make straight mages effective without requiring alterior skills like Weaving, Necromancy, and Mystic
[Mesanna]: No we are not in the process of altering the mage at this time...
[Mesanna]: Magery is still the most powerful skill in the game
[Mesanna]: we as a group we do not feel it has gotten the short end of the stick
[Mesanna]: maybe you could enlighten us with your thoughts
[Ezekial Roberts]: Ahh, definitely
[Ezekial Roberts]: Well, When you look at a mage in most senses..
[Ezekial Roberts]: These days you mostly see mages paired with other casting skills
[Ezekial Roberts]: Which, Does of ourse give those skill use
[Ezekial Roberts]: But at the same time, A mage without them is actually pretty limited in their damage output
[Ezekial Roberts]: In events where damage is required to earn rewards, a mage cannot really match a fully geared warrior
[Mesanna]: of course you can't
[Mesanna]: you are not supposed to be a warrior
[Mesanna]: you are a mage
[Mesanna]: your damage varies also with summoned and casting,
[Mesanna]: I think we are going to have to agree to disagree on this one =)
[Mesanna]: mages have always been paper tigers =)

Oh my god...
Ezekial Roberts, first of all, hats off, you are a dude.

Mesanna? wtf?
Ok, explain this dichotomy, you completely contradict yourself in 1 breath.
Mage = Paper Tiger? Your words, I agree they are meant to be. Paper Tiger = Easier to Kill, Higher Damage Output.
Yet; Warrior obviously has more Damage output?????? (As well as survivability etc.)

I sent you a 5 page letter in April this year on this very topic, explaining this, and got no response.
I've been on these forums since April trying to explain this to you.
And you still don't get it?

How is Magery the most powerful skill in the game?
A Sampire can solo 98% of all higher end game bosses.
Tamers are doing pretty damn well also.
A pure mage can solo about 5%.
You try killing something as simple as the Stygian Dragon for example, with huge SDI and a slayer spellbook, I cannot even dent it.
I've tried every single boss and event ingame solo on a mage - I suggest you do to.

At least someone tried.

Going to add an edit;

I challenge you Mesanna.

I will get you a video of Sampires soloing every single major event and boss ingame.
If you show me videos of you doing the same on a Pure Mage.

Last edited:

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
It was extremely satisfying to finally see this in a meet and greet:

"[Mesanna]: there is a difference in multi client and multiboxing"

There was so much confusion over that topic in previous meet and greets, it's awesome to see that everyone is on the same page now and people won't be banned just for multi-clienting which is allowed whenever those bans start.

Also, I thought they handled the topic of those RMT sites in Arizona and Florida extremely well. That was the perfect response. Letting everyone know it would be forwarded directly to their legal department publicly like that shows that they are willing to enforce the RMT rules as much as they can. Now we will all know it isn't their fault if nothing is done about it, since they already did all they could by forwarding it.

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
At this point, I think RMT sites are the least of our problems

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I've tried every single boss and event ingame solo on a mage - I suggest you do to.
Yeah, you would think the oldest and greatest profession in the game might get some love once in a while, but they keep adding stronger stuff and just pushing the mages back.

It's why I play Matt Logan the archer now almost 100%. Can do a lot more damage than the mage, never run out of mana and have to med with him, and can heal almost as fast if not faster in some cases. Just cant hit but about 60% of the time...even fully scrolled-and that's stupid imo.

It still totally pisses me off to have a fully scrolled mage, try to play him and hunt with him, and everytime you push that med macro "you cannot focus" or some such. WTF do we even bother with 120 med for?

End of rant, yall carry on

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
[Ezekial Roberts]: In events where damage is required to earn rewards, a mage cannot really match a fully geared warrior
[Mesanna]: of course you can't
[Mesanna]: you are not supposed to be a warrior
[Mesanna]: you are a mage
[Mesanna]: your damage varies also with summoned and casting,
[Mesanna]: I think we are going to have to agree to disagree on this one =)
[Mesanna]: mages have always been paper tigers =)

How is Magery the most powerful skill in the game?
A Sampire can solo 98% of all higher end game bosses.
Tamers are doing pretty damn well also.
A pure mage can solo about 5%.
You try killing something as simple as the Stygian Dragon for example, with huge SDI and a slayer spellbook, I cannot even dent it.

Going to add an edit;

I challenge you Mesanna.

I will get you a video of Sampires soloing every single major event and boss ingame.
If you show me videos of you doing the same on a Pure Mage.

I'm just going to point out... a Sampire isn't a Pure Warrior much like a Necro-Mage isn't a Pure-Mage.

I do agree with what you're arguing though.

#1) Mages have no option for Armor Ignore, while most high-end content has 70+ in most/all resistances.
#2) Mages have to deal with interruptions which completely stops Healing & Damage. - Protection slows casting & reduces magicresist & physical resistance, causing there to be an even bigger gap between damage output from mage to dexer.
#3) Mages have no ability to "leech" mana, so there are often down-times while regenerating... (Wraith form is NOT mana leech, it never has been (It's mana drain, which means your target needs mana for you to drain it...)
#4) Mages have no options for Honor (perfection damage bonus), Enemy of One, or an additional slayer bonus like dexers do, since Slayer Talismans do not apply to Spell-damage.

I've suggested changes that would have positive effects on both pvm & pvp...
I doubt it would be perfectly balanced.... But it would narrow the gap enough to where mages would be brought back into pvm without being at such a disadvantage as they are now.

#1) Add a chance say starting at 100 Magery/Eval every 2.0 between both skills above 100.0 adds a 1% chance for single-target damaging spells to critically hit (like lightening strike) upto 20%.
This should not proc at all in PvP.

#2) Casting Focus should spawn on items with increments of 5-25% (like LRC) with a cap of 80% & 100% if you have 100.0 Inscribe,
Casting Focus should no longer proc in PvP. (Mages never needed this garbage in pvp anyway).

#3) Allow spell books to be crafted/spawn with 2-20% mana leech, this would be enough to maintain damage output, while meditation & focus would still be useful skills.
#4) Slayer Talismans should apply to both Weapon & Spell-damage, Or new Talismans should be added that apply to spell-damage so casters aren't left behind.

Also, don't add rewards to blackthorn dungeon that's going to take away from other content...
If you want a Halo, you should get it from Doom or buy it from someone who did. If you want different styles of existing items, convert existing content drops to tickets that allow you to choose an artifact in different styles...

Blackthorn dungeon should get a list of its own rewards exclusive to that content so it's not competing or taking away from other pre-existing content.

the same should be done for the Halloween content in the future, Do not allow points to carry over from year to year... just keep the vendors at the entrance to the dungeons year round so people with unspent points can purchase items from that specific list as needed... It kinda sucked having enough points left over from last year to buy all the new rewards from this years Halloween content...
The turn-in items weren't the same, they shouldn't count towards new rewards (IMO).

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Man, Messana can be so, I don't know, confusing with her way of talking to people and looking at issues sometimes. The bizarre refusal to call EJ free to play, the rather blunt refusal to explain why multi boxing isn't illegal now, the "lol mages just suck" response... I just don't know.

Polaris75

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I'm just going to point out... a Sampire isn't a Pure Warrior much like a Necro-Mage isn't a Pure-Mage.

I do agree with what you're arguing though.

#1) Mages have no option for Armor Ignore, while most high-end content has 70+ in most/all resistances.
#2) Mages have to deal with interruptions which completely stops Healing & Damage. - Protection slows casting & reduces magicresist & physical resistance, causing there to be an even bigger gap between damage output from mage to dexer.
#3) Mages have no ability to "leech" mana, so there are often down-times while regenerating... (Wraith form is NOT mana leech, it never has been (It's mana drain, which means your target needs mana for you to drain it...)
#4) Mages have no options for Honor (perfection damage bonus), Enemy of One, or an additional slayer bonus like dexers do, since Slayer Talismans do not apply to Spell-damage.

I've suggested changes that would have positive effects on both pvm & pvp...
I doubt it would be perfectly balanced.... But it would narrow the gap enough to where mages would be brought back into pvm without being at such a disadvantage as they are now.

#1) Add a chance say starting at 100 Magery/Eval every 2.0 between both skills above 100.0 adds a 1% chance for single-target damaging spells to critically hit (like lightening strike) upto 20%.
This should not proc at all in PvP.

#2) Casting Focus should spawn on items with increments of 5-25% (like LRC) with a cap of 80% & 100% if you have 100.0 Inscribe,
Casting Focus should no longer proc in PvP. (Mages never needed this garbage in pvp anyway).

#3) Allow spell books to be crafted/spawn with 2-20% mana leech, this would be enough to maintain damage output, while meditation & focus would still be useful skills.
#4) Slayer Talismans should apply to both Weapon & Spell-damage, Or new Talismans should be added that apply to spell-damage so casters aren't left behind.

Also, don't add rewards to blackthorn dungeon that's going to take away from other content...
If you want a Halo, you should get it from Doom or buy it from someone who did. If you want different styles of existing items, convert existing content drops to tickets that allow you to choose an artifact in different styles...

Blackthorn dungeon should get a list of its own rewards exclusive to that content so it's not competing or taking away from other pre-existing content.

the same should be done for the Halloween content in the future, Do not allow points to carry over from year to year... just keep the vendors at the entrance to the dungeons year round so people with unspent points can purchase items from that specific list as needed... It kinda sucked having enough points left over from last year to buy all the new rewards from this years Halloween content...
The turn-in items weren't the same, they shouldn't count towards new rewards (IMO).
A sweet one possibly to add:
Pure mages with no more than one area of focus get "free protection" without having to cast it (pure necros and others for example, wouldn't have it)... without the negative impacts of faster casting and fast cast recovery. Pure necros have protection with zero negative fcr and fc for example. Mystics too. Not sure how great it would play out, but it sounds like it could be a good idea.

[Edit] After posting, my idea sounds like poop... discard. But just a thought though.... :p :p

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Honestly I don’t think they are aware of it :(
I'm sure this is the case, otherwise they wouldn't have bothered mentioning anything about how they capped the movement speed of pets in publish 98... since that has nothing to do with dead pets.

Lady Storm

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well to be honest on the matter of players not knowing the difference between MultiBoxing and Multi client use.
It's amazing.
It sometimes really amazes me that we have let this go so long. Yes I said WE.
I was for catching them and jailing the account and then after a short stay in the hoosegow giving them 1 more chance to clean up their act.
I am not clear if this is done with a 3rd party client program which is illegal or not.
But.. Most of us know when its being done... however..
A lot of times this occurs when its after business hours and the dev is home..
GMs are a thin group and you cant count on one showing up when you need one to witness it.
You cant call a Advisor as some idiots still think they can influence the spawn...
They cant do much but tell that to the hard core skeptics.. or is it the users of the cheating?.
So they have been told to not go near a Event.
Many I have talked to and invited to come have fun watching told me this.
IF you want this taken care of STOP SHACKLING THE HELP.
Do this but don't do that...gets old
No wonder they stopped coming to catch them..

Now of Mervyn's post....
The simple answer is they cant.
Not that they wont but to be honest they cant.
I wish Grimm was here to explain this or better yet Dracconi
To make that shard they first have to clone one of the shards....do you see any fel only shards in out list?????????
They cant pick parts to clone they have to take it all and that means the whole thing... which is not what you want.
And no they cant just cookie cut the shard to make it your way.
The only way was using the original programming..
Not sure you all remember I talked to Dracconi about this before they moved from Redwood..
Due to all of you screaming for it to the point I was tired of the whining.
I told him of the notebooks ... Richard and his crew worked out of those notebooks.
When packing up for the move to Mythic Dracconi found one. Complete with all the codeing etc..
He hesitated putting it in the car with him.. it got packed in things to get sent to them... haha
EA ordered it all shredded..... bye bye notebook... and your last hope for one.
Its a sad loss for all of us... not just for the idea of a totally feluccian shard, but the master notebook could have saved us a lot of headaches as they try to fix issues in game.

About the Bulk order books....
I still cant see the harm of ether changing the item count and or making the books usable on the floor/table/bank box.
This last part I am not a big fan of not because of the use change mind you but the fact lockdowns is not addressed with it.

Ok the book can hold 500 bods but you have to strip down to nothing on your character and I do mean nude.
Empty your whole pack not even a crumb or dust bunny can be in it. To take out mind you 1 bod... you got that 1 bod and your full.
A full Bulk Order Book is 124 lockdowns now times that by the new number of bod crafting we have which is 8.
let's do some simple math.....
8 different types of bods times 3 bods each, this equil's 24 bods every time you go get some.
8 x 3 =24 very simple math
Now a bulk order book holds 500, divide that by the 24 per trip to the shops to gather them. that runs 20 visits to make a full book, give or take a bod.
500/24= 20 again not so hard to do math.
Lets say the average player can only go gather bods once every 24 hours.
That player will have a full book in around 3 weeks.
Now this is on the grounds they have only 1 collector character... can you imagine the player with 4 to 6 of their characters collecting???
You want to know why the draw for bigger houses ... this is one avenue.
Even if they are on vendors, sooner or later the stock will out run the house... and to get large bods to pay off is not as easy as it sounds.
Some are going "OH but you can put on vendors to hold them so what's the beef?"
Well here is the BEEF.
Use a vendor for the books ... only that account can access the books... if you have multi accounts doing bods this can get rather tedious.
I have spent hours multi clienting to do my bods.. I turn in tons of bods...but I get back new ones ...see the point.
What if that account is off line?????
Your out of luck till the account is back up and running to do anything.
If the Dev aka Mesanna thinks on it... what harm is it to make the books 1 item count in your backpack?
My crafter and hundreds like me could hold their bods on the crafters who do them..
The housing will be more open to the player and less crowing for space.
The major lag around some homes will lessen as will the need for vendor's holding them unless for sale.

Faeryl

2011 Winter Deco Contest 1st Place
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If the Dev aka Mesanna thinks on it... what harm is it to make the books 1 item count in your backpack?
My crafter and hundreds like me could hold their bods on the crafters who do them..
The housing will be more open to the player and less crowing for space.
The major lag around some homes will lessen as will the need for vendor's holding them unless for sale.
...how about the fact that if full BOD books counted as one item in your bag, then scripters could literally hold THOUSANDS of BODs that they could then script to fill and flood the market even worse than it already is in some cases?

skett

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
How about each full bob book counts as 25 items seems like a reasonable compromise to me

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Whatever, jsut fix it where we dont have to get practically nekkid to put the book in pack.
It's stupid as hell to make a book that will hold 500 items, but no one can use it to capacity because they cant hold the qty . Make em one, Make em usable locked down, no matter to me, just make them useable!

drcossack

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It sometimes really amazes me that we have let this go so long. Yes I said WE.
When the game's LEAD PRODUCER is (sometimes by her own admission) clueless about what goes on in the game, it's pretty obvious where the problem lies. How many times was it brought up before they said something would be done about it?

You can page for a variety of things and the GMs do NOTHING, but they're johnny on the spot for afk farming. There were some issues with player-engraved armor pieces on LS that Mesanna was asked to take care of. She did change the engraving on some of them, but left others intact plus made a comment of her own about one of them. The only reason she was on LS in the first place was an accusation of EM favoritism. During said conference, she had no idea what the difference between ******* and Steam (gaming platform) was.

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
...how about the fact that if full BOD books counted as one item in your bag, then scripters could literally hold THOUSANDS of BODs that they could then script to fill and flood the market even worse than it already is in some cases?
Considering the fact that you can auto craft things within the game, I don't see what difference it makes. With the mythical power you are bestowing on "scripters" why could they not just do this with bods as they are... the script can do everything right?

It's time we stop worrying about the scripter boogeyman and start making qol changes for actual players.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Considering the fact that you can auto craft things within the game, I don't see what difference it makes. With the mythical power you are bestowing on "scripters" why could they not just do this with bods as they are... the script can do everything right?

It's time we stop worrying about the scripter boogeyman and start making qol changes for actual players.
Actually, that item count concern has NOTHING to do with scripting. It's a cheat of a different color.

It's a DUPING concern, involving file transfers that SP players have far less understanding of than others..

Duping of runics skyrocketed after BOD books were implemented, as FULL BOOKS OF FULL BODs could be duped - and, when you turned in the duped BOD, you got a "legit" brand new hammer/sewing kit on the destination end, effectively laundering the transaction.

That's still the reasoning for the item count - as it SLOWS down the rate of duping each time a new exploit to dupe is found. I'm not fond of it, but I understand it.

What would be the best compromise would be a "BOD shelf" that worked like a Davies Locker or Seed Table.

Only Usable in home. shard-bound. Counts as one item. Stores BODs like a BOD book, possibly with a higher capacity. Acts as the BOD books currently do on a vendor, and would be able to be set for people to buy from it. Also, an advanced filter that allows the owner to set prices for all BODs in the current filter setting for the same price in one step (something BOD books should have had from day one)

skett

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Good idea but it would need to be at least 5000 bobs like the seed box

skett

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I don’t understand how “Duping” works, but your saying it slows it down by having and item count on it why would they have not just fixed it ? Sorry you lost me on this. Please don’t into detail about it.

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I don’t understand how “Duping” works, but your saying it slows it down by having and item count on it why would they have not just fixed it ? Sorry you lost me on this. Please don’t into detail about it.
One of the original duping tricks was to run back and forth over a server line hundreds of times with valuable items in your backpack. When you run across a server line, your character is basically deleting itself and then re-forming on the other side, which is why there is a delay for a second while it rebuilds itself. Eventually, the server would glitch and instead of only re-forming the one valuable item in your backpack, it would make two of them. Then those 2 would become 4, then 8, then 16 etc. until your original one valuable item became 120+ of them you could sell for extreme profit.

Now think about how BOD's work. You fill the BOD, you turn it in and claim the reward. You can store many completed deeds in your BOD book before turning them in. If you can carry the entire book of 500 completed BOD's in your backpack at the same time... and then you did the old server line trick, your one BOD book of 500 BOD's, has now become two BOD books of 1,000 total BOD's. Keep doing it, and eventually you will have 100,000 total filled individual BOD's.

Then you go turn them all in to claim the rewards, and get literally thousands of valuable rewards to sell for profit. That is the danger of making filled BOD books only one item count.

The server line trick I described no longer works, however there are some other ways that do work... and even though the developers usually fix them pretty fast, more new ones are always found. Dupers will always find a way to dupe one way or another, so all that can be done is delay them by making it a more tedious and longer process.

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
One of the original duping tricks was to run back and forth over a server line hundreds of times with valuable items in your backpack. When you run across a server line, your character is basically deleting itself and then re-forming on the other side, which is why there is a delay for a second while it rebuilds itself. Eventually, the server would glitch and instead of only re-forming the one valuable item in your backpack, it would make two of them. Then those 2 would become 4, then 8, then 16 etc. until your original one valuable item became 120+ of them you could sell for extreme profit.

Now think about how BOD's work. You fill the BOD, you turn it in and claim the reward. You can store many completed deeds in your BOD book before turning them in. If you can carry the entire book of 500 completed BOD's in your backpack at the same time... and then you did the old server line trick, your one BOD book of 500 BOD's, has now become two BOD books of 1,000 total BOD's. Keep doing it, and eventually you will have 100,000 total filled individual BOD's.

Then you go turn them all in to claim the rewards, and get literally thousands of valuable rewards to sell for profit. That is the danger of making filled BOD books only one item count.

The server line trick I described no longer works, however there are some other ways that do work... and even though the developers usually fix them pretty fast, more new ones are always found. Dupers will always find a way to dupe one way or another, so all that can be done is delay them by making it a more tedious and longer process.
I get that duping happens, or potentially can, but I think people worry overly much about duping and so called scripters, to the point of pushing aside good ideas for fear that a cheater may get some benefit from them.

Lady Storm

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Uvtha Siege is the only shard that comes close.. but a classic/old style shard there would be no insurance.. no malas , no tokuno, no ter mur. we talking plain vanilla.
this is also why I do not understand why more are not on siege if this is what they want.. the only difference from how the shards back in 97 and siege is the vendors don't buy from you in towns.

Now to deal with the idea that Faeryl had..
What makes you think the "duping" public would go that low..... deeds of resources, rares, and in the past gold checks yes... bod book ????
Hun if you know something we don't about a player doing so.... I urge you to e mail Mesanna and give your info you have .....the rest of us would thank you for it!
Now I am not saying some player wouldn't gather up a bunch of good return bods and try.. there is always an idiot out there who wants to buck the system.

Uvtha your correct.. duping does go on, but it is not good reason to not change the bulk order books so the honorable players would have it a bit easer and make filling the book up a more reasonable thing to do... My ladys hate to strip down to access a full book.
There never is enough storage in my homes because of the books too.
Not to mention the lag field my castles makes filled with vendors holding bod books.
Even a drop in the item count would help some of us...a full book (500) with the item lockdown of 25 would even be better then no change at all.

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Uvtha Siege is the only shard that comes close.. but a classic/old style shard there would be no insurance.. no malas , no tokuno, no ter mur. we talking plain vanilla.
I thought this talk was about a fel only shard, not a classic shard?

this is also why I do not understand why more are not on siege if this is what they want.. the only difference from how the shards back in 97 and siege is the vendors don't buy from you in towns.
...97 and Siege are extremely different. Different itemization, different skill gain system, different maps, different character limitations. Siege is WAY closer to prodo shards than it is to classic UO.

Mervyn

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Regarding the pet ghosts not moving, it's probably another case of the devs refusing to admit they made a mistake, and that everything is a "feature", once they've called it a "feature" it's very hard to get them to admit fault.

Thrakkar

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
but a classic/old style shard there would be no insurance
A pre-AoS shard also wouldn't have item properties and thus no legendaries/arties, so we wouldn't need insurance in the first place, because we could go to brit blacksmith and buy a new set of GM armor from the players there...

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

OMG!!!! do you realise what you have started now Cap?
So far I have seen 3 random chars just running back and forth over server lines.....If more keep trying this do you realise the added stress you just added to the server lag.
Are you going to reprimand yourself?#
Isn't there some sort of Stratics rule against discussing exploiting on Stratics???
:facepalm:
:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Lady Storm

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Uvtha what one said is the only thing on the shards list that even comes close is Siege...
An all Feluccian shard that would even come close to pre AoS.
But if you didn't get my answer was it cant be done period.
The way the duplication of shards is now you can not cookie cut what you like and redo the over all mechanic's of how a shard is set up.
We have 2 choices a Siege model or the basic prodo shard.
Which is why I said it cant be done.
Its like baking bread... once you make a starter batch of Sourdough, no matter what you shape the dough into, be it a loaf or a round, its all still sourdough bread.
You cant cherry pick what you like about it and toss the rest.

Yes Thrakkar a lot of the things of the pre AoS would need to be rewritten in or out of the game... which is the reason they cant.
The Time factor and lack of it for the dev to even get done the things on their plate now is hellish..
At the M&G on Catskills Mesanna said to one of the players requests that it will be added to the long list of things to do.
Even the smallest request can take a lot more then just hours to do... there is art, then coding, testing, Q&A, then it makes it to the publish this is weeks if not a few months!

OH and to address that bit on copy of a full Bod book filled with the high end bods.... let me tell you what a high end bod runs these days... 980 gold max was 5k... oh they are making a fortune.... NOT. Contrary to many thinking its not the old bod tier list, nor the good handful of gold to do them. I turned in a bunch of filled high ends and got poor gold amounts and yes you get to pick what the bod gives max or something lower down... but really??? This is not how you make money!

Lady Storm

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The bit of history the capn gave out is so old .... and had they read the whole post he said it was old and fixed ... but you know some people still want to try it for themselves.
Go figure....

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The way the duplication of shards is now you can not cookie cut what you like and redo the over all mechanic's of how a shard is set up.
We have 2 choices a Siege model or the basic prodo shard.
Which is why I said it cant be done.
Its like baking bread... once you make a starter batch of Sourdough, no matter what you shape the dough into, be it a loaf or a round, its all still sourdough bread.
You cant cherry pick what you like about it and toss the rest.
I still laugh everytime I read something like this. The basement kids and freesharders do it-but people saying paid professionals can't just tickles my funnybone for some reason.