• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NEWS Developer Meet And Greet~ Baja June 26th 2017

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Larisa submitted a new Article:

Developer Meet And Greet~ Baja June 26th 2017

[Mesanna]: shall we start?

[Ancient One]: Greetings Mistress of Darkness and Death, of Light and Glory

[Mesanna]: Greetings

[Ancient One]: I wish to thank you first for all you have done and now we beseech you and your minions to conjure the return of Varsuvious, the legendary sea dragon, his skills as stable master are sorrily missed at the Moonglow Mage tower (Trammel side) on Sonoma. 72' N 133'W

[Mesanna]: the stablemaster?

[Ancient One]: yes, the sea dragon stable master, he has vanished.

[Mesanna]: send me an email with the info and and I will replace it tomorrow

[Ancient One]: thank you!!!

[Ashley]: hail

[Mesanna]: greetings...
Read more about this article here...

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
[Dar]: 1st ? = One of ur 1st Promises was for a New Acct Mgmt System. When will it Exist?

[Mesanna]: lol next question
Great customer service here. Really, truly stellar. :wall:

It's awesome you feel confident about the account (mis)management system enough to laugh off the avalanche of customer complaints. Endless Journey will likely tank because of this.

[Tomahawk]: is there any time I hope soon, that a castle can be built on Ilshenar regions?

[Mesanna]: no ever in Ilsh, sorry

[Tomahawk]: lots of vacant lots at Ilsh

[Tomahawk]: or Luna or anywahere at malas?

[Mesanna]: We were told originally the land could not handle castles in Malas

[Tomahawk]: Got it

[Tomahawk]: Well... thank you very much, its been a fun 18 years of playing

[Mesanna]: there is alot of land but remember alot of it is for advertising

[Mesanna]: such as contests etc
Advertising? Seriously? That's the line you're going with?
:facepalm:

14 YEARS have passed. That is no longer a viable talking point. (Also, you don't bother to advertise UO, even a little bit!)

The notion that Malas "can't handle a castle" is laughable from both a technological and a fictional standpoint.

[Mesanna]: we have vet rewards

[Mesanna]: one is a rideable dragon
I'm going to strongly recommend you put out some concept art before committing resources to this!

I point to the visual monstrosity that is the swamp dragon and the plucked chicken of the EC's hiryu as examples of what not to do.

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Hrmm.

[Magnus]: IM A slow typer so plz be pacent i been on free shards using razor on baja i use UO assist but
[Magnus]: ITS OLD
[Magnus]: IT NEEDS UPDATESDD

[Mesanna]: uo assist is not ours to update

[Magnus]: make it like razor'

[Mesanna]: as a team we will look at razor

[Magnus]: thx
Does Mesanna not know what that is?

Anyway, what's the response going to be after they find out? :D

Laura_Gold

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Odd.
I thought Malas had a castle, and it was owned by Manticore.
Silly me, I must be thinking of something else somewhere else and someone else. Getting hit in the head too many times while wearing an inadequate helmet, for almost 20 years, will do that.

The Slug

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I actually thought the atmosphere at tonight's meet and greet was more positive and enjoyable than most I've attended. But hey, We're Baja, it's what we do. We had 4 goblins and a rabbit, the only thing we were missing was Handalf the firebreathing chickenmage

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Bash all you want but this little "Rabbit" was happy with many answers given...

looking into those tiles and adding them to housing would be totally AWESOME!... They are some of the nicest tiles there are others I want to see in the housing menu and I WILL be Emailing the details.

As for the pets hitting other Pets... I noticed my pet that has Aura of Energy started something and my other tamers pet started to attack it... my two characters were completely BLUE to one another and were in Tram... That's the ONLY time I've noticed any of my pets misbehaving like that.

They are right about there not being any decent Necro pets... If you put it on the Dread Spider (who I think ought to have both Magery and Necro .... it's too expensive and the pet ends up being tissue paper and sucky.... the Shadow Wyrm which should have been just as awesome as the Frost Dragon ..... totally is just pathetic... Also can't understand why they can't at least use Animate dead... since anything they fight can do it... If Mobs can why can't my pet???

And Piles of Treasure would make awesome additions to the T-Maps and Fishing MIBs or the Fishing Quest Reward system... finding deeds for them in level 6 and 7 T-Map loot would be super awesome...

And I can vouch for the poison not working... Dread Spider isn't too deadly without that wicked poison... so sad.

Still want a 5 slot killer purple rabbit...

Also @Kyronix Either you are smoking something we all want, your calculations are off or I'm doing something wrong... 45 Lions lored and killed and not a single one has Healing... Now either I'm the unluckiest person in UO with the RNG but that doesn't seem like 1:6 odds to me...

Last edited:

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Certainly doesn't seem like they intend on adjusting anything in regards to the new pet revamp. Not a bad thing I suppose. Also anyone else catch the cheerleader remark. That was great :D

Mervyn

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What amuses me about these meet and greets, it's supposed to be a meet and greet. But instead, it's turned into a bug report as there's just so many bugs, and then even though the bugs have already been submitted months and months ago. EG the BODs not working, Messana and the co are clueless about it and request an email..

So i gather now we don't bother submitting bugs to bug report and instead wait for the team to come to our shard to submit bugs?

Cetric

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Certainly doesn't seem like they intend on adjusting anything in regards to the new pet revamp. Not a bad thing I suppose. Also anyone else catch the cheerleader remark. That was great :D

Yea I noticed the comment in those meet and greet notes that stated they have no plans to change anything with pets. Would be nice to get some clarification on that instead of wasting time dead horse. What's the point of giving feedback if it's not even considered.

@Bleak @Kyronix

A simple "we aren't doing anything with this at this time" or "we will be making some changes regarding pets in PvP" would be helpful for those who have left or are planning on leaving if no changes are made.

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Also @Kyronix are you SURE there are only 2 hues of Frost Dragons?

@Trill posted this pic in the colored pet thread

fd.jpg
And I know I've seen at least 4 different ones....can you clarify? And they are the same hues as the drakes correct? There has to be more then 2.

Kyronix

UO Designer
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Also @Kyronix are you SURE there are only 2 hues of Frost Dragons?

@Trill posted this pic in the colored pet thread

View attachment 68521
And I know I've seen at least 4 different ones....can you clarify? And they are the same hues as the drakes correct? There has to be more then 2.
Yea, two hues. The difference comes in the base body type. One is the "red" and one is the "brown" version. This results in the hues looking different.

BrianFreud

Lore Keeper, Wiki Maker, & Doer of Crazy Things
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wiki Editor
They are right about there not being any decent Necro pets... If you put it on the Dread Spider (who I think ought to have both Magery and Necro .... it's too expensive and the pet ends up being tissue paper and sucky.... the Shadow Wyrm which should have been just as awesome as the Frost Dragon ..... totally is just pathetic... Also can't understand why they can't at least use Animate dead... since anything they fight can do it... If Mobs can why can't my pet???
Tsuki Wolves eventually start doing decent things with Necromancy, it just takes forever to get them to train it to a point where they bother to use it.

Re: Lions, if anyone happens to find one with healing, please toss a lore reading into the wiki! :) Lion - Stratics Community Wiki | Stratics Community Forums

Last edited:

BrianFreud

Lore Keeper, Wiki Maker, & Doer of Crazy Things
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wiki Editor
Speaking of hues, @Kyronix, I'd love to see blue beetles come in lighter and much darker shades of blue. :)

Also, can you comment on the mention of Badgers? ( Badgers? )

Last, is there any chance you can make it so all mobs can be lored? "Human" was originally reserved for players to be non-loreable, but there's now a couple dozen of mobs that use human, elf, or gargoyle body types, and thus are non-loreable.

Last edited:

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Yea, two hues. The difference comes in the base body type. One is the "red" and one is the "brown" version. This results in the hues looking different.
Ah HA lol that makes sense..thank you for the clarification!

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Hrmm.

Yes, she does know what it is. Word has it, she has used it before in a professional capacity.

I was told by a Broadsword employee that some of them have permission to use said "illegal" program for "evaluation/comparison" purposes (allowed by their contract with EA, since you want to have the ability to check outside software for cheats - you can't fix something a third party program exploits unless you know how the exploit gets called). This includes using it on their normal game play accounts from time to time, as, obviously, the employee accounts have special features that might preclude an exploit from working properly. So, they get to test the stuff normal players can't legally use to see if they can replicate bug/exploit reports, and to insure that the software isn't destabilizing servers. It's probably the most "vanilla"/safe in that regard, which is why it is of such interest to them.

But, that while they have interest in possibly making it legal for normal users, or acquiring rights to it (possibly as an official client, after a few tweaks), someone higher than Broadsword hasn't let them pursue it ("Can you say 'EA legal'? I knew you could..." They couldn't say it directly, but that's the only one "higher" that Broadsword would have to keep happy, so it's easy to infer). After all, look what we have had to go through with the mapping programs for the CC (IIRC, by the time UOC was given the semi-official nod as a replacement for UOAM, it was abandonware too).

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Also @Kyronix Either you are smoking something we all want, your calculations are off or I'm doing something wrong... 45 Lions lored and killed and not a single one has Healing... Now either I'm the unluckiest person in UO with the RNG but that doesn't seem like 1:6 odds to me...
Lions don't start with Healing, it's something they gain after you train them up abit. They are basically re re-skinned Cu and yes they can heal themselves quite well.
I have trained many lions now and they all add Healing at about 25% of the first training slot trained.

Khaelor

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
@Kyronix Wouldn't that be 2 types of base models, and not hue's then? Wouldn't a hue be the color/shade? This is our collection so far -- definitely more than 2 hues and we keep seeing different ones every week almost. Are the colors/shades randomly generated and applied to a Brown/Red dragon model, or are there an actual fixed amount of possible color combinations set?

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Either you are smoking something we all want, your calculations are off or I'm doing something wrong... 45 Lions lored and killed and not a single one has Healing... Now either I'm the unluckiest person in UO with the RNG but that doesn't seem like 1:6 odds to me...
None have healing before you damage them. You have to encourage it.

If I knew that was you I would have given you a Heart instead of a Ducky. :heart:

This was my first Meet and Great. I was very unimpressed with their knowledge of the game. Mesanna really doesn't know that a large amount of BODs do not work? How many times was that posted here while on test and after Pub?

Kyronix and Bleak are behind the pets and they don't know there are no viable Necro pets? Do they not come into the game and see what pets are being used? Cant they see these things from a data base? Does the game have a data base?
Can they tell how many Dark Fathers are killed each day? Ive played lesser games that would tell us how many "widgets" were created last week.

I'm fine with no major changes but there are tweeks that need to be made.

At least I found out I was correct about Explosive Goo Being Fire Damage.

Kyronix

UO Designer
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
@Kyronix Wouldn't that be 2 types of base models, and not hue's then? Wouldn't a hue be the color/shade? This is our collection so far -- definitely more than 2 hues and we keep seeing different ones every week almost. Are the colors/shades randomly generated and applied to a Brown/Red dragon model, or are there an actual fixed amount of possible color combinations set?
The variations in the different body types result in different highlights and lowlights expressing the hue (hues in UO exist with a variety of colors in a single hue) in the different ways as we see in your screenshot. It's all randomly generated. I also was incorrect in my previous statement, upon further investigation it's actually 54! different hues that are possible, however the variations between some are so slight they essentially look the same. Apologies for the confusion!

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
WOW Kyronix....54 is a lot more then 2! Good grief! lol that makes more sense though...I knew I'd seen at LEAST 4 if not 5.....54 though? Can you increase the stable slots again? ;)

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The variations in the different body types result in different highlights and lowlights expressing the hue (hues in UO exist with a variety of colors in a single hue) in the different ways as we see in your screenshot. It's all randomly generated. I also was incorrect in my previous statement, upon further investigation it's actually 54! different hues that are possible, however the variations between some are so slight they essentially look the same. Apologies for the confusion!
@Kyronix Wkaile you are here. Make us a viable necro pet. Just make Necro cost 500 on a Nightmare. :Begging:

Khaelor

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Thank you for the information!

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
So how am I supposed to tell if a Lion or Saber Tooth has Healing or not if it doesn't spawn with healing or even gain in Healing until you get up past 25% training???? That will take forever to get one that actually has it...

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
So how am I supposed to tell if a Lion or Saber Tooth has Healing or not if it doesn't spawn with healing or even gain in Healing until you get up past 25% training???? That will take forever to get one that actually has it...
You know when you tame it.
upload_2017-6-27_21-41-57.png

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Great customer service here. Really, truly stellar. :wall:

It's awesome you feel confident about the account (mis)management system enough to laugh off the avalanche of customer complaints. Endless Journey will likely tank because of this.
Its got #fail written all over it before its even launched.

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Did that... Twice.. and then it was gone shortly after when I got it back out of the stable...
All 12 of my Lions have healing, none had it showing before i tamed them or after i tamed them. It just appears in the list after you go training them.
I'm not sure what this 1 in 4 thing is because i certainly did not tame 48 Lions to get the 12 i have (well before i killed half of them off with training mistakes).

I was going to add that Sabre-toothed tigers also have healing but Pawain already posted a pic showing it. (Lions are better thou as they have pack instincts) ;)

Prince Erik

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I tried everything I could think of to get healing on a fully trained up and skilled up lion to get healing to appear. I killed it multiple times trying to get it to 1 hp (finally succeeded) and let it sit there hoping it would develop healing powers. No dice. During the entire training process it had time for thousands of healing attempts but it never did. No bandage sounds, nothing. Heck, I even took myself to redline and stood next to it hoping it would feel pity on me and drop a bandaid my way. ;) All fails.

I released it and farmed a few until the healing skill appeared and it stayed after taming on both parts of the lore screen (both in the numerical skill list and the abilities sections). Now I just have to wait until it bonds and see if it will stay around. If not, I give up!

Mervyn

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I read somewhere after the lion dies once, it no longer heals, perhaps that has something to do with it.

Prince Erik

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dying was one of the last things I tried. ;) The entire time I trained it to all 100 in skills and leveled it to a 5 slot it didn't die at all, nor did it gain in healing. After I saw the posts about lions possibly needing to be near death to jump start healing I figured I'd give it a try and of course, killed it a few times by mistake. Some pet owner I am, huh?!? ;)

Can anyone confirm, though, that once a lion dies it loses its ability to heal? If so, I'll just release the one I have now before it bonds since working healing up takes a while and I'd rather not invest the time in a pet that once it dies healing stops.

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I read somewhere after the lion dies once, it no longer heals, perhaps that has something to do with it.
That may very well be the case, the Lion has some "strange bugs" attached to it......plus an awesome one ;)
But that's what happens when they don't test stuff properly before they shove it out the door.

Jibbed

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Dying was one of the last things I tried. ;) The entire time I trained it to all 100 in skills and leveled it to a 5 slot it didn't die at all, nor did it gain in healing. After I saw the posts about lions possibly needing to be near death to jump start healing I figured I'd give it a try and of course, killed it a few times by mistake. Some pet owner I am, huh?!? ;)

Can anyone confirm, though, that once a lion dies it loses its ability to heal? If so, I'll just release the one I have now before it bonds since working healing up takes a while and I'd rather not invest the time in a pet that once it dies healing stops.
I have trained healing up on a few lions and i would be extremely surprised if i had not gotten any of them killed multiple times while levelling their slots up.

Coco_Zamis_DF

Lore Keeper
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
All 12 of my Lions have healing, none had it showing before i tamed them or after i tamed them. It just appears in the list after you go training them.
I'm not sure what this 1 in 4 thing is because i certainly did not tame 48 Lions to get the 12 i have (well before i killed half of them off with training mistakes).

I was going to add that Sabre-toothed tigers also have healing but Pawain already posted a pic showing it. (Lions are better thou as they have pack instincts) ;)
Didn't they loose pack instinct when moving to Level 4?

Nexus

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Hrmm.

Yes, she does know what it is. Word has it, she has used it before in a professional capacity.

I was told by a Broadsword employee that some of them have permission to use said "illegal" program for "evaluation/comparison" purposes (allowed by their contract with EA, since you want to have the ability to check outside software for cheats - you can't fix something a third party program exploits unless you know how the exploit gets called). This includes using it on their normal game play accounts from time to time, as, obviously, the employee accounts have special features that might preclude an exploit from working properly. So, they get to test the stuff normal players can't legally use to see if they can replicate bug/exploit reports, and to insure that the software isn't destabilizing servers. It's probably the most "vanilla"/safe in that regard, which is why it is of such interest to them.

But, that while they have interest in possibly making it legal for normal users, or acquiring rights to it (possibly as an official client, after a few tweaks), someone higher than Broadsword hasn't let them pursue it ("Can you say 'EA legal'? I knew you could..." They couldn't say it directly, but that's the only one "higher" that Broadsword would have to keep happy, so it's easy to infer). After all, look what we have had to go through with the mapping programs for the CC (IIRC, by the time UOC was given the semi-official nod as a replacement for UOAM, it was abandonware too).
You know this one part of the M&G really chafes me personally. You have a guy walk up in front of the entire dev teams and says, "I've been and continue to actively break the games ToS...." and....... nothing, not even a token effort at scolding them with a quick, "You know that's against the rules and you probably shouldn't be doing that..." Every M&G someone asks about enforcement of rules against what is considered cheating, and here you have an admission of it from someone at a M&G and nadda....

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
I thought he said he had used Razor on the free shard he played on, but now he came here he was stuck with UOAssist?

Nexus

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
I thought he said he had used Razor on the free shard he played on, but now he came here he was stuck with UOAssist?
He did, but he still stood there and admitted to breaking the UO Terms of Service, and not even a token effort to condemn the action was made.

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Well I for one am not really surprised, it's sad, but not surprising! :(

Nexus

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Well I for one am not really surprised, it's sad, but not surprising! :(
I'm not surprised either, disappointed but not surprised.

That lack of surprise is why it chafes me so much. I've come to expect what happened.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Myth. Mine died 5 times last night. He still has healing and uses bandaids. But I did get 100 bandaids from his first corpse. He makes new ones I guess. Navrey likes Lion meat.

Fire Warrior

Adventurer
He did, but he still stood there and admitted to breaking the UO Terms of Service, and not even a token effort to condemn the action was made.
So what. Don't you know that the origional UOE (one of the first 'cheat' programs) was made by a Ultima Online developer? Granted that was a while ago but the point is instead of complaining about 'cheaters' learn how it works instead. This silly expectation of 'the devs' to fix every cheat is dumb. First, did you know that the majority of so called cheats are merely taking advantage of the weaknesses in software? FIX the weakness, not the cheat - they have not been willing to do that part. THAT is what matters - not 'catch the cheater and put them in jail' LOL.

Why do I laugh? Because people are absurdly naive. They hate cheating right? Ok great, way to go. But they refuse to learn anything - they merely act like its the devs job to STOP IT - yet they learn nothing of scripting or programing or anything so they ask IN IGNORANCE. Look in fairness you probably shouldn't have to deal with cheats/exploits in the game - but when EA (leave broadsword out of this it probably isn't entirely their call) refuses to get rid of the Classic Client or fix the EC I mean the writing is on the wall - they DO NOT CARE.

I think a much better approach is to talk about game design in the context of what are the worst exploits allowed by current game mechanics and FIX THOSE. But its absurd to say 'fix everything' if you know anything about how games are made /maintained. The worst fault of Uo devs or EA is their unwillingness to be brutally honest about the situation.

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
So what. Don't you know that the origional UOE (one of the first 'cheat' programs) was made by a Ultima Online developer? Granted that was a while ago but the point is instead of complaining about 'cheaters' learn how it works instead. This silly expectation of 'the devs' to fix every cheat is dumb. First, did you know that the majority of so called cheats are merely taking advantage of the weaknesses in software? FIX the weakness, not the cheat - they have not been willing to do that part. THAT is what matters - not 'catch the cheater and put them in jail' LOL.

Why do I laugh? Because people are absurdly naive. They hate cheating right? Ok great, way to go. But they refuse to learn anything - they merely act like its the devs job to STOP IT - yet they learn nothing of scripting or programing or anything so they ask IN IGNORANCE. Look in fairness you probably shouldn't have to deal with cheats/exploits in the game - but when EA (leave broadsword out of this it probably isn't entirely their call) refuses to get rid of the Classic Client or fix the EC I mean the writing is on the wall - they DO NOT CARE.

I think a much better approach is to talk about game design in the context of what are the worst exploits allowed by current game mechanics and FIX THOSE. But its absurd to say 'fix everything' if you know anything about how games are made /maintained. The worst fault of Uo devs or EA is their unwillingness to be brutally honest about the situation.
So it's not the hackers/cheats fault it's uos' and the gamers fault... not the gamer using the cheats or exploits but the ones complaining about it.... you by chance a millennial?

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
They hate cheating right? Ok great, way to go. But they refuse to learn anything - they merely act like its the devs job to STOP IT - yet they learn nothing of scripting or programing or anything so they ask IN IGNORANCE.
I just want to point out...it shouldn't be the players responsibility to learn about all the cheats before complaining about them. The players are just customers, it's up to the developers whose actual job it is to fix stuff, to learn about and prevent the cheats. A player should not have to teach a developer how something works, they should already know since it's their business.

It's like saying "oh it's so unreasonable those people are mad a burglar breaks into their house every night, they should learn all the intricacies and details of home invasion strategy before complaining to the police about it, even though it's the job of police to prevent it from happening to begin with".