• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Detect Hidden] Detect on Production Shards

TheScoundrelRico

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Here's a question to those of you playing stealthers on the production shards...

What reveals you the most? As I understand it just walking past players with detect can do it, walking past highly intelligent monsters can and even players with elf characters?

How does the reveal spell work against stealthers on production shards.

Is 120 stealth still easy to be revealed on a production shard?

The main reason I ask is, on Siege as a stealther, it's almost impossible to reveal me. I laugh when I see the reveal spell cast because I know I almost never get found. We don't have passive detect and I would like to know what you have found to be the best way to evade the marks that really want to find you.

Do area damage pots kill you? This one I forget, I remember the area spells would take you down to almost 0 but never could kill you.

Discuss...la

Logrus

UO Legend
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If I remember correctly all reveals check vs hiding skill not stealth skill.
Stealth skill is checked on movement while hidden, or shadow strike or shadow jump. Basically a check to remain hidden while performing one of those actions.
Not sure about Damage Revealing whether it checks stealth or hiding I'd have to go see if I ever looked at it and made notes.

Active Detect Hidden and Reveal Spell check vs the target hiding skill not the stealth skill.

I believe tracking also checks vs stealth rather than hiding.

SpyderBite

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Logrus is correct. The check is against your hiding for any type of detection, magic or conventional.

However if I remember correctly (been a really long time since my prodo days), reveal spell simply grants a bigger radius and 100% reveal (for players, not objects, in Fel) detection if you're in the radius. I would test that one on TC1 unless somebody else knows for sure.