• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

destard and pets

• Thread starter Saint of napa
  • Start date
  • Watchers 1
S

Saint of napa

I've been hunting with my CU and I'm having trouble when the dragon im killing gets near death and starts to fly around my CU cant follow it, the CU just gets stuck in about a 3 square radius like a chickin with its head cut off... Is there any way to stop this? THX!

Farsight

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Assuming that you have no EI, cast mindblast on the dragon. If you do have EI, use energy bolts.

That will get the dragon to land in order to attack you, at which point your pup can finish the dragon. If it doesn't work, keep casting spells at it.

EnigmaMaitreya

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just my 2cp's.

Any pet that can NOT cast magic vs a MoB that can fly, is well just not going to work out all that well.

In such scenario's you the Tamer had better be prepared to finish the MoB off.

ZippyTwitch

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Go into war mode and repeatedly double click dragon. It should get him to come after you. Since he is low on health you wont have to worry much just keep him occupied long enough for cu to finish him off. This is how i handle mobs that like to run.

EnigmaMaitreya

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Go into war mode and repeatedly double click dragon. It should get him to come after you. Since he is low on health you wont have to worry much just keep him occupied long enough for cu to finish him off. This is how i handle mobs that like to run.
It is less that they run and more, like in Destard, there are MANY places that invoke a Line of Sight problem and the Cu CAN NOT get to the Dragon, even though (s)he is only 5 steps away, with NO OBSTICLES. Fliers can get themselves LOCKED into a place that they can NOT leave unless they are NO longer aggro'd and will eventually find their way back out. Mean while your pet is screwed as IT can not get there under any circumstance. Swoop loves to do that.

I can pretty much imagine the places the OP is probably talking about,