• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Despise boss

cazador

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
And we were booted out before it died..wtf? All followers were full health this is strange no?

S

Sevin0oo0

Did he really need 5 trillion hp???
And we were booted out before it died..wtf?
All followers were full health this is strange no?
sorry, been out learning about chemo meds, and their effects - could you expand on what you're talking about?

cazador

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The revamped despise boss..I was irritated lol he has ridiculous hit points and apparently an enrage time where he uses exorcism to boot you out if you don't kill him fast enough..we did it with 3 people..

Xalan Dementia

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
the boss is pretty easy actually, you dont do any damage to it, so hitting it at all is just dumb cuz the pets gotta do the killin. just get a pet that is not your karma alignment (if your positive go possess a Naba on the dark side, they are quite tough. If your negative try to get a satyr or dendrite from the good side) with a reverse sided pet you can get it to lvl 15 then with about 2-3 others with similar pets at least one discording pet (satyr or phantom) you can stomp the boss fast.

Last edited:

cazador

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
the boss is pretty easy actually, you dont do any damage to it, so hitting it at all is just dumb cuz the pets gotta do the killin. just get a pet that is not your karma alignment (if your positive go possess a Naba on the dark side, they are quite tough. If your negative try to get a satyr or dendrite from the good side) with a reverse sided pet you can get it to lvl 15 then with about 2-3 others with similar pets at least one discording pet (satyr or phantom) you can stomp the boss fast.
tyvm..we did it with 3 forest nymphs..

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Is there any allowance for a longer timer when you are solo on the lesser populated shards before you are forced out?

Last edited:
S

Sevin0oo0

just get a pet that is not your karma alignment (if your positive go possess a Naba on the dark side, they are quite tough. If your negative try to get a satyr or dendrite from the good side) with a reverse sided pet you can get it to lvl
huh??
karma aligned pets??
i feel like i missed a publish or two
~signed lost as hell from a hospital room~

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
huh??
karma aligned pets??
i feel like i missed a publish or two
~signed lost as hell from a hospital room~
It is not published yet. But if you got any question i gladly try to answer them in the Dungeon Re-vamp threat.

Cerwin Vega

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Say you spend the 3 hours working up your pet and no one wants to fight the boss... how long will the pets stay with you?

S

Sevin0oo0

he has ridiculous hit points and apparently an enrage time where he uses exorcism to boot you out if you don't kill him fast enough.
What do you mean, he boots you OUT? Out of the area, out of the dungeon?
So if you can't hit it hard enough, it calls you a noob and sends you packing?
If its hitpoints are in the 10's of thousands, i won't be there anyways (i'm done w/ grinds), just wanting to know.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If you take too long, yes he'll boot you out. However as my guide clearly shows, with the right pets at the right level it is perfectly doable by 2 people. In the picture, Frarc and a random person he ran into down there. Both got an artifact, Frarc the quiver and the other person the sandals

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Say you spend the 3 hours working up your pet and no one wants to fight the boss... how long will the pets stay with you?
When you in the Warzone ( Please this is just a guess from my testing ) You have about 1 hour to kill the Lord. It could be more.
As long you don't go to the Warzone (choose conscript) Your pet stays with as long it don't die or you don't leave Despise. It will not take 3 hours to train your pet. To level 15 if you do it right maybe 30 minutes. You can train your pet to let say level 7-8 and then go to the Warzone. The monsters there are higher level. They give much more hearts and also make your pet gain in levels much faster. I would not recommend to go sooner then your pet level 7. Lowest level i have seen in the warzone was level 4. But before you reach the Lord you have to fight trough different "lieutenants". and the first one might be a Level 10. They spread around in random levels. You won't have much of a chance then. When your pet dies or the Lord casted doomspell you are moved out of the warzone to a safe spot to your side.

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What do you mean, he boots you OUT? Out of the area, out of the dungeon?
So if you can't hit it hard enough, it calls you a noob and sends you packing?
If its hitpoints are in the 10's of thousands, i won't be there anyways (I'm done w/ grinds), just wanting to know.

Out of the Area.

Just have to know when there is a call for arms, everyone in the dungeon can go to the warzone if they choose for it.
The Lord is hard and almost impossible for solo. It was very hard with just 2.He can only be damaged by pets. You can kill his wisps but i learned its best to try to ignore his wisps or provoke it on him.
This is still a MMO and some things are not meant to be solo. The strength of your army is determined by the combined levels of all players pet on your side.
And why would people not want to join to try to defeat the Lord with you. As far i have seen, everyone who attacked the boss together got a reward. :)

When i defeated the Lord on TC, i just let my pet fight the lord and i helped the other player keep his pet alive with healing.He did not ask but its the smart thing to do.
And a Level 15 Pet makes a big difference to a level 10.

Last edited:

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Frarc, let´s go there as soon as it is on DF! Really curious about this boss... :)

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Frarc, let´s go there as soon as it is on DF! Really curious about this boss... :)
Yep, as soon i see pub 78 live, I will organize this event to despise. If pub 78 is this week. then its going to be Saturday because tour of champions round 7 will be Friday.
The more people come, the easier it will be and the more often we can do it. :)

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What do you think of the drop rate for the artifacts and hearts, at this point? Any feeling yet whether it's too high, too low, or just right? Have you run into anyone from the dev team there and have they asked for any feedback? Or have they indicated if they are planning to adjust anything, including the drop rate?

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If I'm right and the Lord gives 100% chance on a arty its worth doing them. (To me Cora should be the same) They are hard enough to kill. And it would encourage working together. The hearts are fine if you ask me. Much better then in Shame. You can farm the hearts from the normal level but level 1-2-3 monsters only give a few hearts when you kill them. The most hearts you can gather is in the warzone.Even with a little training your pet you can go to the warzone (Not recommended!) 50 Hearts for Level 10 Monster 40 For level 9 and so on. So killing a few in warzone can get the hearts up very fast. And when you are alone you can just go kill the monsters in the warzone and collect the hearts . You don't have to go to the Lord in the Warzone. You can always try on the Lord alone , Just put your pet on him and try to keep him alive. If you fail you are removed from the warzone back to a safe spot and no harm is done to you. Do know leaving the warzone, when defeating the Lord or not or leaving results in the disappearing of your pet.

I wrote my feedback on TC forum. What i would like most is a bit more AI from the pet so they move around object better when they have to follow you.
Also a healer in front of the Dungeon (All of them) Would be a nice feature. I would want him to work like the one in Doom for a small fee. You don't have to use them but then you need to run out and find one in the wild or call a friend. :)
And also a idea to make Ephemeral weapons a little more desired: Ephemeral Weapons

I can only hope Some suggestions are picked up. :)

G.v.P

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
hm I tried to take a unicorn to the lake and got trapped like Prom did earlier in the black space near the lake of what is otherwise the champ level of despise.

G.v.P

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
btw anyone figure out the extent of creatures, and what they all do? the evil side looks a lot cooler. I assume you can't ride the unicorns or the nightmares but still, the nightmares have armor ignore? what the...I like, haha. you lose them all if you recall out, so don't worry.

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I am still concerned by the Doom timer. My backup shard is Origin. I like it because it is quiet... But when you cannot defeat the boss and get the premium loot then it is not as much fun. Covetous was ok because you can get the full arties from the level 3 and 4 mobs in addition to Cora. Maybe we could get a system where we can turn in 5 ephemeral versions of the item and get a fully repairable version with 255/255 durability.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
btw anyone figure out the extent of creatures, and what they all do? the evil side looks a lot cooler. I assume you can't ride the unicorns or the nightmares but still, the nightmares have armor ignore? what the...I like, haha. you lose them all if you recall out, so don't worry.
That's too bad... I still would like to see more tamables added.

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I can tell about a few, there to many to test them all and i also have a lot of other things to do. It seems that all have a good and evil counterpart.

Skeletrex -Sagittarri are archers. They look very vulnerable at lowest level when there is a close combat , they might be very nasty at higher levels.
Phantom-Silenni are bards. Personal favored so far. Very good to have with you if you or your group has no Discorder/Provoker with it.
Darkmane-Unicorn : If you are a tamer best take these , can use your Vet skills to keep them alive.
Hellion-Divine Guardians : These are very good fighters.

Might be good to try out different pets. Might be good to take something that compatible with your skills.

You have to know you can attack the monsters together with your pet. At the first levels that is the best way. But your pet learn most if it fights itself.
Keep a eye on your wisp orb in your backpack. When its glowing red then your pet is learning.
Your pet is more important then you , its the only thing that can damage the Lord. So take good care of it.

Last edited:

G.v.P

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I can tell about a few...
thanks for info! hm. very interesting mini-game. I like the little wisp shop outside because it has a classic RPG feel, and I wonder if the items in the shop randomize like a locked chest. hm.

I'll have to play around later and try the LVL 10 monsters.

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The items that the wisps sells change often. So it its a good idea to have a look now and then. I would not stop when i see a good super slayer for sale even if its in Ephemeral form. :)

Xalan Dementia

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i believe Vet works on all the critters. at least all of the ones ive tried so far have been healable by vet

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
As far as I've managed to establish you can use healing, vet or greater heal spell on everything, and gift of renewal, but not gift of life

If anyone wants to form a circle, there's an arcane circle on a house plot I've put down just around the corner 49.07N 10.24E. The house is public and there are runes in the pack of the steward named 'Runes Here' keyword 'rune'

Redxpanda

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I was confused at 1st myself. I thought u needed to pick a the side you wanted to be on. It seems that your pet should be evil (assuming you are good) then you can use your pet to lvl quickly by helping it kill good creatures (which completely conflicts with being good) so you can fight a boss who is neither good or evil?

Xalan Dementia

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I was confused at 1st myself. I thought u needed to pick a the side you wanted to be on. It seems that your pet should be evil (assuming you are good) then you can use your pet to lvl quickly by helping it kill good creatures (which completely conflicts with being good) so you can fight a boss who is neither good or evil?
If your good you can possess and convert a bad creature, the bad creature will fight other bad creatures if it is possessed by a good karma player. So your bending them to your will and making them fight their allies to then fight a boss that is chaotic at best heheh

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Good Karma character can only join good side, Bad Karma characters can only join evil side. The ankh on the good side will not give you a wisp orb if you have bad karma and The ankh on evil side will not give a wisp orb if you have good karma.
What you do when you want to make a powerful pet is making something that is good to evil or evil to good. You are the one that teach the pet to be good or evil.
The 5 Level Bonus you get for your pet is a reward to take time to turn your pets alignment. :)

G.v.P

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Good Karma character can only join good side, Bad Karma characters can only join evil side. The ankh on the good side will not give you a wisp orb if you have bad karma and The ankh on evil side will not give a wisp orb if you have good karma.
What you do when you want to make a powerful pet is making something that is good to evil or evil to good. You are the one that teach the pet to be good or evil.
The 5 Level Bonus you get for your pet is a reward to take time to turn your pets alignment. :)
The question is whether or not the +5 is intentional or not. Hm.

I kind of find this whole process tedious. Not being able to hold on to a pet (if we can call them pets) is annoying. You have to claim a creature, farm with them, then let them die or let them loose. Then you have to log in again later and do it all over again.

I got to about 770 points by killing a few of the conscription guys, the lieutenants or whatever. It isn't too bad of a process, just takes awhile to get any given creature to LVL 6 (seems like you need LVL 6 before you can go). After that, your pet will hit LVL 10 pretty fast. I'd just rather have a pet I can keep.

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The question is whether or not the +5 is intentional or not. Hm.

It is, There is a message in game that tells you that you can Get a more powerful creature because you turned his alignment.

"Your possessed creature has changed alignment! It may now become more powerful, and you may now add it to your army."

G.v.P

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It is, There is a message in game that tells you that you can Get a more powerful creature because you turned his alignment.

"Your possessed creature has changed alignment! It may now become more powerful, and you may now add it to your army."
Very interesting. Twisted, even. :p

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
i was a little cheesed off.

i got the call to go to battle.
it said in 60 seconds i would be teleported there.

nothing.
i sat there for 10 minutes waiting.
nothing.

was a big let down after all that training!

Xalan Dementia

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i was a little cheesed off.

i got the call to go to battle.
it said in 60 seconds i would be teleported there.

nothing.
i sat there for 10 minutes waiting.
nothing.

was a big let down after all that training!
I have had that happen before too, hopefully it was fixed with hot fixez

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
from what i read, you can actually FORCE your way in even if you are too low to go, so maybe ill try that next time.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Read the page Frarc and I wrote. You CHOOSE when you go down by selecting 'conscript' from the wisp orb's context menu. If you don't conscript you'll stay on the upper levels just getting your pet stronger

S

Sevin0oo0

Where is more on this "Alignment"? is it being extended to weapons also?
is it the same as back when we played AD&D? that can give some really serious opportunities - like building weapons, etc from scratch, ON the weapon of choice, giving some well optimized gear.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
is it the same as back when we played AD&D? that can give some really serious opportunities - like building weapons, etc from scratch, ON the weapon of choice, giving some well optimized gear.
I would imagine not. This is about training up the 'soldiers' in Despise. If you choose one that is misaligned to your character's karma you can train it higher.

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Your "Pet" will become stronger (Faster,better spells...) and have more hit points when they move up to Level 11-15. See it as a bonus for learning it to be evil instead of good or good instead of evil. You have to spend a little more time to turn their alignment (And it makes a BIG difference in the war zone) and as a reward you can make your pet more powerful. The first levels are not easy because you can be attacked from monsters from both sides. But its really worth to do this for the fight against the Lords. :)

I know this is an old thread but I have a question- I Controller a phatom ( I’m positive karma). I trained it killing monsters on the good side- to level 10, then randomly my wisp disappeared and my phantom become uncontrolled? It wouldn’t let me train it past level 10. When I get a “call for arms” is that the only time I can conscript my pet?

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I know this is an old thread but I have a question- I Controller a phatom ( I’m positive karma). I trained it killing monsters on the good side- to level 10, then randomly my wisp disappeared and my phantom become uncontrolled? It wouldn’t let me train it past level 10. When I get a “call for arms” is that the only time I can conscript my pet?
If you are of good Karma you should be getting an Evil pet and killing Evil things down below... at one point your pet will go blue and gain better... And if you are good and train a good pet to kill good things you can't get past 10... if you are evil and train a good pet you can... killing good stuff.

If you take a good pet down to the evil side you also can't get past 10.

If you are of good Karma you should be getting an Evil pet and killing Evil things down below... at one point your pet will go blue and gain better... And if you are good and train a good pet to kill good things you can't get past 10... if you are evil and train a good pet you can... killing good stuff.

If you take a good pet down to the evil side you also can't get past 10.
Thanks, that makes more sense..... why did my wisp just disappear?

OWN9494

Visitor
So theoretically can this be done solo? I have yet to run this and am about to give it a go. I read a couple guides and this thread.
But I do have a few questions...
If you are a tamer and take a 5 slot tame(s) can you also use the wisp?
Is it even worth taking your tames down here?
Will they be taking exp from your new pet...or is even 1 hit from your new pet the same exp?
Also what are good tame(s) to bring along? Cu, GD, Bake/beetle?
If the timer runs out do you loose your pet?
I know the boss can only be attacked with the new pet.
I will be experimenting with different pets down there and try to (eventually) give a report on how each one does solo(if no1 else helps out). And also the drop rate and what I got. I'm after a few of the items specifically for my build so it will be worth it for me to do the experiments.

Akiho

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
So theoretically can this be done solo? I have yet to run this and am about to give it a go. I read a couple guides and this thread.
But I do have a few questions...
If you are a tamer and take a 5 slot tame(s) can you also use the wisp?
Is it even worth taking your tames down here?
Will they be taking exp from your new pet...or is even 1 hit from your new pet the same exp?
Also what are good tame(s) to bring along? Cu, GD, Bake/beetle?
If the timer runs out do you loose your pet?
I know the boss can only be attacked with the new pet.
I will be experimenting with different pets down there and try to (eventually) give a report on how each one does solo(if no1 else helps out). And also the drop rate and what I got. I'm after a few of the items specifically for my build so it will be worth it for me to do the experiments.
Unless something has changed, a 1 slot pet (mount) is all you can take in there so no, Tamer does not work.

In terms of soloing, I don't think it's possible, you simply run out of time. 2 people/characters is the least I've done it with.

petemage

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Unless something has changed, a 1 slot pet (mount) is all you can take in there so no, Tamer does not work.

In terms of soloing, I don't think it's possible, you simply run out of time. 2 people/characters is the least I've done it with.
Or out of arrows, if you bring one of the Archer pets. At some point they just stop shooting.

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Soloing it isn't possible, takes too long. With two chars, it's possible so long as there's Disco running on the boss (whether from a Phantom/Silenii or Player, a Lvl 15 Minion actually has stronger Disco than even a 120 Disco player), and both minions are Level 15. One of the best minions down there for Andros, is the Darkmane. They're pretty tanky, and have Armor Ignore. A Lvl 15 Darkmane+Phantom team is actually pretty strong against Andros, so long as the Darkmane is tanking.

While a player may not be able to damage the boss, you can still apply debuffs to them. Discord, HLA, HLD, etc. You can also bring in 1 slot Lesser Hiryus to apply Grasping Claw to the boss, making the minions deal more damage. Just be careful of the boss (and particularly the Wisp) switching targets.

My Disco/Tamer does very well for leveling the minions up, since i can vet the minion and also discord it's foes.