• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Describe your first UO:SA day.

LordTesla

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I fell asleep around server down on Pac... 5 am... Woke up a 10 am.. DLed the patch, and bought the upgrade, played seconds later with no problems...

Created a garg with 50 imbuing and 50 mystic...

Fooled around, phone rang, came back dead with all my **** gone... was sunk for about 7 hours till friends logged on, and well all went hunting together, and now good to go...

Overall, the misty spells seem like fun, just wierd seeeing new spells in UO..

Imbuing is gonna be a pancake to gain... I don't think anyone is even close to GM yet... However I DID get a 115 Imbuing scroll from a quest.

My rating out of 10: A Weak 8... But that's only cause I am bitter about losing my three race exchange tokesn earlier cause they were not blessed.

Tell us about your day... Maybe give us a 1-10 rating with a reason.

P S: Who cares what you think about graphics, most of us play in 2d anyway... Give us an overall game thought.

I WILL respond... especially if I see someone being TOTALLY unreasonable.

Farsight

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I tried to buy the expansion code.

I failed through two different web sites and spent hours trying to convince people that their web page was broken.

I eventually gave up, went to sleep and tried again before work, successfully this time.

Now after I'm done "working" I'll try the game for real.

jack flash uk

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
once all the codes were input and game was running, i was stright onto my tinker/alchemist to start clipping plants, then glass blow the vials. then off to find silver serpents to get the venom, very low drop rate:( then back to make dyes and sellion my luna vender in luna

and i got all 5 statues that are on display in my zento house

and created a gargoyle

and used a friends house recall rune to go to ter mur and mark more

then back to serps

selling well

hawkeye_pike

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Logged in, gained 0.1 Taming through the guaranteed skill gain, logged out again.

I will take my time to explore the new expansion.

N

Nastia Cross

-got angry about the changes to imbuing
-ranted on the phone for an hour while I uninstalled and reinstalled UO from the 9th Anni CD (took hours *shakes fist*)
-logged on (FINALLY!!) and tended to my 75+plants
-picked up my dull copper hammers that I've been squirreling away all summer
-snagged a gate to Ter Mur and marked a rune (no crazy quest for my crafters, no sir)
-bought 40 imbuing and a unraveling bag, proceeded to craft daggers with my dc hammers (loving that "make max" option woot!) then unravel them for the residue
-obtained some silver serpent venom from my bf and our friend
-discovered that the empty vials I made are useless (sad panda) but that I can now craft soulstone frags!!
-crafted some rare plant dyes, put them on the vendor
-SLEEEPPP

Maplestone

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Got off to a rocky start when 2 minutes before the servers came up I boldly predicted they would be down another 3 hours.

Made a newbie gargoyle with a mix of new skills. I'm going to try to play him up from scratch living out the bank box and work him up to the point where he can cross the abyss on his own and "discover" the rest of my characters. This is going to take a while.

The original plan was to use throwing as a source of income, but throwing is a tricky skill to bootstrap up - you don't have a lot of damage output and I discovered picking a fight with a slith was too much too soon and I quickly burned up all my starting reagents in my first fight without making a dent.

Then I decided to claim my gargoyle pet and to my surprise it was immediately bonded to me. That is a very powerful pet for a starting character (and appears to require no skill to own) and I was able to use it to get my first few thousand gold. After many trips back and forth to the wilderness, I used this to by gems and unraveled the items I had looted to imbue myself a 100% LRC suit.

After picking a few harder fights, I found the limits of my poor kittygoyle's abilities - especially since I had no abilities to heal others (thankfully you can not get a pet res by walking up to a vet, although you have to wait a few minutes after the critter's death and need to have gold in the bank - he won't accept it out of your pack). So with a LRC suit to wear, I stabled him for the day and started flying solo.

(there were also many interruptions while I paused to lurk the boards)

By the end of the day, I had only moved my imbuing from 50.0 to 51.6, but I had gone from 0 to 100.0 focus without logging out! (that became my goal in the early hours of the morning once I realized I was all the way into the mid 90s). Other skills are coming along nicely - I have a little stockpile of a few "rare" ingredients from overland creatures (wish I knew what to do with boura fur). About 3000 loyalty points, no death robes.

T

Tay M'real

created by gargoyle (which is very cool by the way)...worked a little on mysticism and imbuing...flew around Ter Mur and some of the surrounding areas.

got my butt kicked (3) times by an ambushing creature (very cool idea) who randomly leaves loot to lure you - so watch out

Maplestone

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
yeah, I did survive a close encounter with one of those ambushers and barely managed to survive to run away - they sure give a jolt of adrenaline.

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I was about 1 hour in UO. I made 2 new gargoyle characters and had a small trip around Underworld and solved a puzzle. I'm not realy in a hurry to work on stuff. And i will take my time to explore.

And for all other time i spended alot of time on Straticsboards to help out people with lots of questions and problems. :)

S

sayler04

Woke up at 630 AM mtn time. Went to my first day of an 8-week training program for my promotion for 12 hours. the timing was awesome.

Then went back to my hotel, bought an upgrade code around 8pm. 14 hours later, I'm still trying to get past the user agreement so I can finish upgrading my account.

If I ever sign in to SA, I'm gonna name my first gargoyle Bit Ter

Darhon

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Bought upgrade code, received 2 promo codes and none upgrade.
Created ticket about that, 24 hours passed already.

jack flash uk

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
-got angry about the changes to imbuing
-ranted on the phone for an hour while I uninstalled and reinstalled UO from the 9th Anni CD (took hours *shakes fist*)
-logged on (FINALLY!!) and tended to my 75+plants
-picked up my dull copper hammers that I've been squirreling away all summer
-snagged a gate to Ter Mur and marked a rune (no crazy quest for my crafters, no sir)
-bought 40 imbuing and a unraveling bag, proceeded to craft daggers with my dc hammers (loving that "make max" option woot!) then unravel them for the residue
-obtained some silver serpent venom from my bf and our friend
-discovered that the empty vials I made are useless (sad panda) but that I can now craft soulstone frags!!
-crafted some rare plant dyes, put them on the vendor
-SLEEEPPP
so u dont need to make them for the venom, is it on corpse as standard?

Maplestone

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There is a fast way and a slow way ... the slow way is to hunt and loot. The fast way requires the vials.

Ender

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Can't get the last key due to greedy farmers, I gained 1.0 in imbuing <_<

N

Nastia Cross

so u dont need to make them for the venom, is it on corpse as standard?
I'm sorry I should have been a little clearer. From the notes prior to SA's release, I was under the impression that "empty vials" would be able to be used to collect silver serpent venom and mined sand and made about 20 vials. That is actually not the case; one needs "empty venom vial" I think it is named to be able to "milk" a silver serpent for its venom.

Nukeworker

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
First day on SA??? Very short actually! I play on Europa no need to comment any further on that! :thumbdown:

So my rating is not even a 1!!!

W

wee papa smurf

My First Day,
By Papa Smurf,

Logged on after hours of trying to ge tupgrade codes, changed my crafter to a gargoyle, Sailed to the new underworld place, got there, Europa crashed and been looking at stratics all day, whilst trying to get a third key on Great Lakes, Epic Fail! :pint: :pint: :pint: :pint: Drink anyone? :pint: :pint: :pint: :pint:

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Let's see. I managed to patch, get the codes and upgrade, then I got called away and didn't get back on line till this morning.
I checked my emails (post reports) checked my pm's, dealt with all the problems, logged in and claimed my first promo code, converted one char to elf and logged off, more board checking.
Got an icq asking me to make some dye, managed to find some plants, found most of them weren't recognised by the tool as decorative plants, made the dye. Logged off to walk the dog, shopping housework etc.
Found Tina's thread, stickied it and sent her a pm.
Watered some plants, got a response from Tina, started copying, saving and uploading all the pictures to put her guide on Stratics. Stopped for lunch. Copied the text, uploaded all the pictures and linked them. Walked the dog, ironed some laundry. Emptied my Siege char's back pack and stoned her mining. Stopped for food. In a minute, if I'm very, very lucky I can actually start to train imbuing.

Tyranissa Wrath

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yesterday: Got my codes, and bonus tokens. Logged on with my first upgraded account, stashed the bonuses (after getting three different statues), handed my untrained RP character a race change. Made him a gargoyle, made a "fly" macro, wandered about looking for gargoyle gear, struggled to find info on getting to Ter Mur, failed to get his gear altered, eventually got the Fire Island hint, sailed to the beach, made a rune at the entrance, had a look around inside. Logged off with gargoyle, did some crafting, making some gargoyle stone deco, and one or two other gadgets (shears and something else) without knowing what they were for. Looked up a few things on staining and other new fun stuff, then logged off and slept...

Today: nothing except creating a fresh gargoyle on Drachenfels, 'cause Europa was down. Had a snoop around. Died. Rezzed. Recovered stuff. Freaked out about the number of silver serpents around. Logged off, came here to wait for Europa.

:cursing::cursing::cursing:

Yep, that's about it. Still need a bit more of a thorough investigation of what's on offer, but otherwise it's interesting. Score pending...

Sir_Bolo

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Day one: couldn't buy upgrade code since uogamecodes wouldn't recognize my credit card, and the european eastore didn't have the upgrade codes yet. I just sailed off to explore the volcano on Fire Island and marked a rune at the Underworld entrance.

Day two: finally bought a code from eastore international and successfully upgraded my account, but I play on Europa which has been down all day :wall::wall::wall:

Basically Stygian Abyss hasn't even started for me yet.

I hope they fix Europa tonight since it's holiday here tomorrow and I have all day to play :cursing:

In the meantime I might go check out the Underworld on Siege Perilous...

jack flash uk

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I'm sorry I should have been a little clearer. From the notes prior to SA's release, I was under the impression that "empty vials" would be able to be used to collect silver serpent venom and mined sand and made about 20 vials. That is actually not the case; one needs "empty venom vial" I think it is named to be able to "milk" a silver serpent for its venom.
i make the vials and double click them on a corpse and then find a venom inside the corpse is this the right way?

very slow

or do you use vial on a live serpent?

G

guum

I just camped the shroud room all day with my EV-Peacer along with my five pack horses and stacks of chests everywhere to block myself and the little shadow dude off from the riffraff, all the while shouting obscenities and inviting people to join my vent server, wherein I shouted more obscenities while playing Merzbow at a deafening volume. Also, my armor was neon.

Seriously though, I did all kindsa crap. It was a fun day. They better get those servers back up ASAP! :party: