• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Delucia Declares Martial Law

McIan

Journeyman
by Jared Valstrom

The top-ranking military official of Delucia, Captain Ichabod Carver, has issued martial law in Delucia following a series of attacks on the flocks of sheep, goats, and cattle of herders outside the town. One eyewitness herder, preferring to remain anonymous, recalls the incident of which he was witness: (Please excuse the misspelling; I wrote it all down phonetically)

“I was minding my crew… my crew being my goats and cows and all… and suddenly I sees this big, huge, beast… a wolf but so much bigger’n any I’d ever seen afore! It comes running in and just takes huge bites outta my crew, killin’ em without eatin’ em! So’s I ran at him with my trusty crook n’ then he runs off ascared o me!”

1659678612557.jpeg

When the Captain pressed harder, the herder admitted that the beast did not flee from him but it was the other way around.

This all brings to mind recent and distant tales of werewolf attacks in and around the town in times past.

“The best thing to do is to stay indoors or at least within the city precincts by dusk,” the captain advised. “You don’t want to be misidentified and attacked accidently by us guards! We kill on sight, so stay safe at home when the sun goes down,” he warned. “That is an order, by the way,” he added.

(I did not ask him how he could misidentify a gigantic wolf with an ordinary human, but I guess it gets very dark in Delucia at night, or else the guards’ happy hour makes identification a bit more uncertain?)

Notices have been posted around the town reflecting this current state of events.

If anyone spots such a creature, please inform the captain immediately. He can be found at the fortress guarding the approaches to the town.