• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

deleteD

Would you be willing to sign a Change.org petition asking for the removal of Mesanna?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
You know petitions on that site never do anything right?

I can't think of a single one that actually got the desired result because of it, and I mean the big ones with millions of signatures, let alone the 200 at best signatures UO could produce over anything. Sometimes coincidence leads to the desired result, but the petition is never cited as the reason.

No I would not sign it.

Stinky Pete

Babbling Loonie
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I agree with everyone else. You're never going to get even a tiny fraction of players to sign that. Figure only a tiny fraction of players even care enough to post on the forums. You're only going to get a small fraction of those players.

Let's pretend everyone active on this forum and the dumpster fire forums sign it. That's what? Maybe 50 players? Lol, good luck with that. Now consider that out of those maybe 50 players, at least half, in my most liberal estimate, think that you are a total loon. So I would say that you have a decent chance of collecting about 20 signatures. Good luck.

At any rate, thanks for giving me something entertaining to read. It's always nice to know that no mater how many insane things I say and do, there is always someone out there that makes me look totally normal.

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Already had to do some thread clean up. Posting your opinion of the petition is fine, but let’s please not devolve into petty insults.

Be clear what you're asking for here. Mesanna has said more than once that she is the last producer UO will have. So if you're determined to get rid of her, start packing up your characters. You are closing down the game. Without Mesanna, there is no UO.
While I agree with you that there would be a great deal of uncertainty for Ultima Online without Mesanna, let’s also be clear that Mesanna is not the person who will make the decision about whether or not she will be the last producer… Electronic Arts will make that decision.

The reality is that EA has stated on quarterly earnings calls for their investors on more than one occasion that it will keep smaller titles open as long as they produce positive Net EBITDA (effectively meaning ‘stay in the black’ and remain profitable). Unless there is a “key man” clause in the service contract between Broadsword/UO and EA, if UO is still profitable, I have no reason to believe they would simply shut it down if it is contributing to the bottom line of the company, even if just in small amounts. Ofcourse that is all my own speculation, but at the end of the day, EA is a business and prioritizes profit.

MaryForUo

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Beyond this petition or any other topic, as has already been said, Mesanna is not the person who will make the decision about whether or not she will be the last producer… Electronic Arts will make that decision.

Riner

Journeyman
Governor
First not a chance of me signing that. Secondly, as it's been said she has nothing to do with the choice to close the game or not. For Electronic Arts part it's not only the profit from the game but the status of owning the oldest online MMORPH. I doubt even with her gone there would be much push to have the game ended. Now if I were her, I would definitely wish to make the world believe that I am the last, it's called job security!

Symma

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I wouldn't sign the petition and won't answer the poll on this thread (the choices are just absurd).

A petition is useless, all you can do is vote with your feet. That's the only power we have as customers, even if though that option won't make much difference in the larger picture.

Spartan

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
No way am I putting my name on that petition. I disagree with some of the allegations in it as I believe they are personal bias and no objective. Second, I'm about to leave myself, so I couldn't care less about Messana and here narcissism.

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
you want to remove a Dev for a 25yr old game that is practically in caretaker mode?
be thankful the game is even on at all.
be extra thankful that they are doing anything for this game.
slapping the person that is at least doing something is.... well its a slap in the face.
just play the game, memorials in game should have never happened in the first place.
if you want to make something in your house cool, but putting something up in the game for someone that a handful of people know... thats just silly and a waste of time and resources.
the absolute last thing I want to run into when I'm home from work (I deal with death all day) is some tombstone in the game I'm playing to relax and unplug from RL.
sorry to be the bubble burster.

Lord Ron Fellows

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
You guys treat this woman like some godly figure that is keeping your beloved baby on life support. She is an employee of Electronic Arts. Replaceable just like anyone else. Tired of hearing dumb stories how she lobbied to keep the game from being shut down. The only thing keeping this game alive are dollars in EA's pocket. Period. If they finish work on NL and there isn't a bump in subs or microtransactions, we may be in trouble. Everyone keeps asking why they made a shard nobody asked for, I'm betting its because they are nearing that red profitability line.

Spartan

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I wanna correct a statement made earlier ... I am NOT close to leaving. I am leaving.

I just canceled the last 2 accounts and dropped the house. All my characters are in the New Haven Inn on whatever shard they reside on. I will be in Unleashed if anyone wants to come and bash at me.

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Every time somebody upsets me from now on, I am going to start a petition to have them exiled and post it where they can see it. What a power move.
Not really a power move.... more like the OP saying "I don't like it so I'm gonna take my ball and go home....." except it's not her ball... and EA owns her home. :devil:

Kind of a win for Mesanna to get someone triggered enough to start a petition. 10-15 years ago when I would grief players with my thief that would have been like some end game goal right there.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Already had to do some thread clean up. Posting your opinion of the petition is fine, but let’s please not devolve into petty insults.

While I agree with you that there would be a great deal of uncertainty for Ultima Online without Mesanna, let’s also be clear that Mesanna is not the person who will make the decision about whether or not she will be the last producer… Electronic Arts will make that decision.

The reality is that EA has stated on quarterly earnings calls for their investors on more than one occasion that it will keep smaller titles open as long as they produce positive Net EBITDA (effectively meaning ‘stay in the black’ and remain profitable). Unless there is a “key man” clause in the service contract between Broadsword/UO and EA, if UO is still profitable, I have no reason to believe they would simply shut it down if it is contributing to the bottom line of the company, even if just in small amounts. Ofcourse that is all my own speculation, but at the end of the day, EA is a business and prioritizes profit.
I will refer folk once again to the article I posted recently: Maybe someone might find this of interest...

And say you just don't know what the future holds...

And as I said Mesanna herself stated several times that she is the last producer UO will ever have... now that's her words... so dunno if that's the case or not.. and despite what folk say... she is what we have. So whether we like it or not ... that's what it is. No petition is going to change that.

Luc of Legends

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Okay apparently Stratics users have the comprehension skills of a KINDERGARTENER!

Let me break down what I said and use little words like y'all read in your wittle Dr. Suess kiddie reader.

Okay the reader digest for children version : Mesanna has said if she leaves as Producer UO will be shut down!

Do I believe everything she says - HELL NO!

However I would rather see UO closed than watch Mesanna continue to DESTROY it! All while playing Marie Antoinette.

We all know what what happened to Marie. It's time to topple the ruler of UO.

Seriously all of y'all put down your Meth/Crack pipes and try using the brain cell or two y'all have left:

DO YOU THINK EA IS GOING TO TOSS AWAY THE PRESTIGOUS JEWEL IN THEIR CROWN? Especially when they are TRYING to sell to Amazon???

I swear talking to y'all on Stratics is like talking to my neighbor's daughter who's a former heavy meth user - 25% BS, 25% Delusion, 25% makes no pancaking sense, and the other 25%

is mostly true. I'm always shocked she knows who the president is.

I have always been told you can't reason with a cage full of monkeys, cause all they'll do is scream and throw poo.

Well hello my little monkeys. Here have some :banana:
:banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:

jack flash uk

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Okay apparently Stratics users have the comprehension skills of a KINDERGARTENER!

Let me break down what I said and use little words like y'all read in your wittle Dr. Suess kiddie reader.

Okay the reader digest for children version : Mesanna has said if she leaves as Producer UO will be shut down!

Do I believe everything she says - HELL NO!

However I would rather see UO closed than watch Mesanna continue to DESTROY it! All while playing Marie Antoinette.

We all know what what happened to Marie. It's time to topple the ruler of UO.

Seriously all of y'all put down your Meth/Crack pipes and try using the brain cell or two y'all have left:

DO YOU THINK EA IS GOING TO TOSS AWAY THE PRESTIGOUS JEWEL IN THEIR CROWN? Especially when they are TRYING to sell to Amazon???

I swear talking to y'all on Stratics is like talking to my neighbor's daughter who's a former heavy meth user - 25% BS, 25% Delusion, 25% makes no pancaking sense, and the other 25%

is mostly true. I'm always shocked she knows who the president is.

I have always been told you can't reason with a cage full of monkeys, cause all they'll do is scream and throw poo.

Well hello my little monkeys. Here have some :banana:
:banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:
So you don’t get your way and you post this? And you think others are childish?

How is your legal action going to get your lost ethy back? Penny dropped that YOU messed up?

lol

How about YOU just quit and do everyone, including yourself, your “sis” a favour

I am embarrassed for you.

Mods, can you have a word with this petulant little child and educate her that this is not how grown ups behave then they don’t get their way

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
How is this thread even still going? Nobody agrees with the OP so she insults everyone's ability to comprehend things? Guess someone missed their med schedule.

I think this should be moved to unleashed or lock this junk before the snowflake gets their feelings hurt when people respond to her latest insult.

Status
Not open for further replies.