• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

deleted characters?

G

If my character was deleted would there be a way for me to get it back?

G

No, but if you come back before March 8th, you are eligible to get back all of your skill locks as well as anniversary gifts on a new character.

G

just got the email, does it mean that tso will be free to play? or am i mis reading it?

G

Free (never expiring) accounts will be available, but will be severely limited.

G

<blockquote><hr>

No, but if you come back before March 8th, you are eligible to get back all of your skill locks as well as anniversary gifts on a new character.

[/ QUOTE ]

so on march 8th all sims on all accounts will have their skill locks readjusted to match the age of the account? where is this information posted at?

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

so on march 8th all sims on all accounts will have their skill locks readjusted to match the age of the account? where is this information posted at?

[/ QUOTE ]I was just wondering the same thing...

Against my better judgement, I resubscribed my oldest account. We'll see what happens.

So, yeah - now I'm in both TC3 and EA-Land.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Posted on the main page of http://ea-land.ea.com/ I have no idea when it will happen but it does say that to get it you have to re-activate before March 2008

Former Members Of The Sims Online: You can come back for FREE right now by just downloading the game and REACTIVATING your account. If you do so before March 2008, you will get your earned 'account based' privileges back (gifts, skill locks etc...) when we run our 'amnesty' program. So make sure you are in game before that event!

G

I had read the same thing too somewhere. Getting old sim reactivated, getting sim age and skills.

About activating old sims:
I asked this question on ea.com. I was told, that an account over 90 days old will not get sim age and skills. It's deleted, there no way for the information to be bright backup.

G

Having worked a sys tems department that had to do the daily, weekly, monthy 'backups' on servers, although not for EA/Maxis ;-) I'm sure that the industry norm is that all backups are kept for 6 years (at least that's the time in the UK, sommat to do with tax and audits)

So in theory ALL of TSO files are somewhere, even if they are in storage somewhere. It may be that they will pull all of the monthly backups and extract the account info for any that were 'deleted' in each particular month.

Sounds like an exciting job for someone
thats if it already hasn't been done.

G

Each acct has entitlement age, thats all that is needed to determine what gifts or skill locks it has earned.

I

imported_DutchAmerica

Hmm...does that mean if we happen to want to 'recreate' a sim on an existing account....we should do so now so it'll get the amnesty?

Hmm....that would be sooooo sweet.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Hmm...does that mean if we happen to want to 'recreate' a sim on an existing account....we should do so now so it'll get the amnesty?

Hmm....that would be sooooo sweet.

[/ QUOTE ]That's the way I understand it. The recreation, however, has to be in either EA-Land or TC3.

My newly-created sim in EA-Land has an entitlement of somewhere over 1500 days - that's just over four years.