• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Defining success, what gives?

the 4th man

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
After reading about players, being suspended and or banned( I forget which), for saying or having URl's in game in some fashion or the other.....what's with LLTS getting away with it?

We get these books evry now and then scattered about promoting the guild, their history, some book some joker wrote, and their website.

Obviously, these books can be picked up and altered, if not copied. But still, how is it, these guys can get away with promoting their website, and others can't??

I don't expect an answer from anyone from EA or mythic, or whoever owns UO this week.....just making mention of city politics at EA.:bowdown:

as usual,
later

Leto

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't know what that LLTS-website is about but as long as they don't sell in-game items for real currency they aren't doing anything illegal.

My guild runs an in-game auction([EA&E] Europa Auction & Events). During the last auction I recieved an ICQ message from a friend saying some guy with a grudge paged on us for having the URL to our website in our housesign.
Was I worried? Not in the least. In fact we have the URL advertised all over; the house sign, runes, books, profiles. Our website is well within 'the spirit of the game' and thus it is not at risk.

After reading about players, being suspended and or banned( I forget which), for saying or having URl's in game in some fashion or the other.....
It's a typical story of 'chinese whispers'. It was one player who got a 24-hour suspension for advertising a website that offered in-game items for real currency. This isn't something new, the practice has been illegal for years.

BbqLou

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
After reading about players, being suspended and or banned( I forget which), for saying or having URl's in game in some fashion or the other.....what's with LLTS getting away with it?

We get these books evry now and then scattered about promoting the guild, their history, some book some joker wrote, and their website.

Obviously, these books can be picked up and altered, if not copied. But still, how is it, these guys can get away with promoting their website, and others can't??

I don't expect an answer from anyone from EA or mythic, or whoever owns UO this week.....just making mention of city politics at EA.:bowdown:

as usual,
later
Because GUILD websites can be advertised... good job detective! :thumbsup: