• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Defensive Wrestle Equation

P

peanutdance

I've seen a couple different formulas for this...is it:

(Eval+Anat)/2 + 20

(Eval+Anat+20)/2

(Eval+Anat)/2 ?

R

RichDC

So how does parry affect this equation??

And from your equation that means that a human wiht 0 eval 0 anat will get 40% dci?? (20 in both from joat)

Alezi

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
(Eval+Anat)/2 + 20 = Defensive_skill%

You do not get DCI bonus from the equation, though. If we assume you're a human with 0 anatomy and 0 eval int the equation would be (20+20)/2+20 = 40. The result means that your assumed weapon skill/wrestling would be 40.

100 Evaluating Intelligence and 100 Anatomy would mean that your defensive ability would be the same as if you had 120 wrestling/weapon skill.

Hope this clarifies it :)

So how does parry affect this equation??
Lets assume you have 45% Defense Chance Increase from gear, your Anatomy is 80 and Evaluating Intelligence is 120. That means that your defensive skill equals 120.

You are fighting against someone who has 120 weapon skill and 45% Hit Chance Increase. There is a 50% chance that the attacks he makes against you will miss (might be incorrect). If you have 120 Parrying and 80 Dex your block chance with a shield is 30%

(This might be incorrect again)

First the game does a roll to see if the attack made against you hits or misses. If it hits you the game does a second roll to see if you parry the attack.

If the attack misses you the game will not do a second roll.

That is at least how I assume the game works (in a simplified way).

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't really have any faith in this. To my knowledge this is a rumour. I've yet to see a Dev confirm this is accurate.

P

peanutdance

(Eval+Anat)/2 + 20 = Defensive_skill%

You do not get DCI bonus from the equation, though. If we assume you're a human with 0 anatomy and 0 eval int the equation would be (20+20)/2+20 = 40. The result means that your assumed weapon skill/wrestling would be 40.
Ok. I'm mainly looking at this from a necro mage pvp/pvm char. With the skills so tight with Necro/SS, one can save 40 points by having 120 Eval and 80 Anatomy instead of 120 Eval and 120 Wrestling. Seems like a no brainer.

Rikimaru_Vegeta

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok. I'm mainly looking at this from a necro mage pvp/pvm char. With the skills so tight with Necro/SS, one can save 40 points by having 120 Eval and 80 Anatomy instead of 120 Eval and 120 Wrestling. Seems like a no brainer.
In theory this might work, but why in the hell would a mage want anatomy? Its a waste of skill... with 120 wrestling; you get disarm and para.. these alone are worth the extra 40 points. Both for PvP and PvM, wrestling is way better than grabbing anatomy.. I think anatomy is old school... just my two cents though

I would go

95 real magery (+20 with crystalline ring, +5 with talisman with enchance pots) 120 magery after ring
85 necro (+20 after bracers) 105 necro
100 ss
80 med (no need to get higher, stack MR on gear)
120 eval
120 resist
120 wrestling

total real: 720

I pvp alot, so this works well. I always do champ spawns via necro forms and have unlimted mana using wither. Evil Omen + pain spike. Evil Omen + para, Ex+ FS, Evil Omen + PS are nice little combos... Though this template is more towards nice gear

E

eolsunder

Why would a mage want anatomy instead?

easy.

1) A healer mage who can use bandages to help heal also.

2) A pvm mage. Who is going to really disarm/paralysis blow enemy monsters.. Not many people. Thus a PvM mage can take 100 anatomy instead of 120 wrestling and have the same weapon defense, and put those 20 extra points into their tight template.

Templates are super tight these days, 20 points can make a huge difference.

My mage has 100 anatomy instead of 120 wrestling and never regretted it one bit. When fighting monsters, champ spawn, peerless, etc i never disarm/paralysis blow anything. Those 20 points go into making sure my mage is maxxed at 120 in his skills.

I want 120 meditation instead of 100. I want 120 magery instead of 100. I want 120 spellweaving instead of 100. Those extra 20 points are valuable.

Of course, i wouldn't have that in PVP, you want wrestling in pvp, those disarms and paralysis blows work pretty nice. But in PvM, who cares about wrestling.

V

Valentina

Pralyzing blow seems is usefula against NPCs tht they and get up close and personal. Disarm I havent used once. Of course, I've only had it for about 4 days,s o what do I know?

E

eolsunder

Of course mages who use prosperity blades or staffs of magi for defense don't worry about it, but usually those are in fel.

All the trammel mages want those nice slayer spellbooks to boost their damage, so having your 100 anatomy works exactly the same as if you had 120 wrestling. Plus 20 extra points! whoo!

My fel mage/necro has his staff, my trammel mage uses his spellbook. I don't need slayer properties when casting on other players.

And my mage/tamer has his swords.

all nice and happy!

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My fel mage/necro has his staff, my trammel mage uses his spellbook. I don't need slayer properties when casting on other players.

And my mage/tamer has his swords.

all nice and happy!
After this post no one should ever take PvP advice from this gentleman.

E

eolsunder

Mmm when did i give PVP advice again? lets see.. nope, don't happen to see that anywhere, you reading the same posts as I am?

I said anatomy on a mage isn't useful in fel, that you should have wrestling instead for the disarm/paralysis blow.

So, do YOU have anatomy on your fel mage? Maybe i gave the wrong advice there. Seems Lynk thinks that fel mages are ok with anatomy instead of wrestling.

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Mmm when did i give PVP advice again? lets see.. nope, don't happen to see that anywhere, you reading the same posts as I am?

I said anatomy on a mage isn't useful in fel, that you should have wrestling instead for the disarm/paralysis blow.

So, do YOU have anatomy on your fel mage? Maybe i gave the wrong advice there. Seems Lynk thinks that fel mages are ok with anatomy instead of wrestling.
It was more of pre-emptive suggestion should you post PvP advice in the future. Anyone that uses a 2 handed mage weapon in PvP loses my respect.

Anatomy is useful in Fel, for parry/scribe and necro mages who don't want to go the mage weapon route. Being disarmed makes you an easy kill...