• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

(Player News) Defender of the Realm, Knight of Baja Has Fallen.

Amber Witch

Babbling Loonie
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dear friends.

It is with a grieved heart that I communicate the loss of a very dear person, Sir Arkillian, who passed away in the afternoon of March 26 due to a battle with the H1N1 virus. For 2 weeks his Lady Aleecia aka Ginger stayed by his side.

Sir Arkillian, mundanely known as Richard was an avid fisherman who knew how to tell a tall tale. He was a wonderful chef and shared his recipes. To spend an evening around a fire listening to his stories while eating his dishes will be not forgotten. His humorous barbs, often poking at me and Mama Faith, kept the company laughing.

Baja has been Ark's and Aleecia's family and in the upcoming days there will be a public ceremony commemorating his life. When the date and time is worked out, it will be announced. Right now Aleecia is reeling from all this as you can imagine. Please hold her in a special place in your heart. She needs the loving support of her Baja family.

Mama Faith

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have started typing and backspaced so many times. It's not often that you find me without words but that's how I feel. How do you pack all of your emotions and thoughts about someone into anything less than a novel? Arkillian was a man who would do anything for anybody. If he saw or heard about a need, he was there. Like Amber, I have been reminiscing about our trip from last summer. The stories, the laughter and Richard's ability to slip in some teasing when the chance was provided. He had a sparkle in his eye and was full of pep and vinegar. Our hearts are heavy because of his loss but also because of the pain we know our friend Ginger is going through. I always called Richard a big teddy bear and even though he'd jokingly growl at me, I could hear him chuckle as I hugged him. He will be missed by all of us. May he be welcomed into Heaven with a warm hug and a "welcome home, big teddy bear". *deep curtsy with hand over heart*

Syntrix

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
:( Condolences, I know things have been touch and go for a while. I look forward to the in-game ceramony, people live forever in the memories and stories told, and those events are always great ones to insure immortality!

I simply can't imagine what Ginger is going through though. Hard to know people I share my free time with are hurting irl.

-DaMoin

Spellbound

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Heartfelt wishes of loving memories of Sir Arkillian for Lady Aleecia and her Baja family. Was so looking to vacationing with Richard, Ginger, Amber Witch,/Mama Faith plus spouses, and Sally later this year. Thoughts of wetting a line in clear waters, sharing with friends the elatement of a fish caught and released or perhaps kept to be savored in one of his culinary creations, listening to his wit and humor lift our spirits... I look forward to a time we can still be together, discover more about our commonalities, and embrace our love for each other. I want to believe an ethereal Richard will be there to share in our thoughts, and help guide our hearts to a fulfilling future.

I know your Baja companions are truly amazing and will never forget the moments Sir Arkillian made remarkable. Please let our feelings of loss and sorrow subside, and the healing memories of Richard's life triumph.

With all my heart, Infinity

Last edited: