• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Decorating a keep... the ugly step-child of housing

Mazulat

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've been searching through posts looking for ideas for doing my keep. I have not decorated a house since just after AoS hit if that tells ya how much experience I have doing this. :) I am a crafter at heart and have always gone for function over form... meaning boxes and crates lining every inch of usable space for items and bods. I am going to try and resurrect at least part of my rune library though (the master books from GL's Black Rune library) and while it's a fel keep and won't see much traffic...I'd like it to look good.

My problem is that almost all of the deco suggestions and topics are about custom housing or castles. Obviously some this is usable in a keep and I am working on a few of those ideas, but the tight spacing on a keep gives them particularly odd requirements for sizing out some rooms.

So what kind of ideas do folks have now. I'd love to think I was creative but... I'm not. When I played great lakes, I had a couple of deco addicted friends to do this stuff for me. Here on LS I am pretty under the radar with all new toon names and no public standing so I don't even know where to begin looking for ideas.

LadyKeroOfAtl

UO Homes & Castles News Reporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'll try to pull up some screenshots to post for you when I get home later..
But generally I've seen a bed/bedroom in one corner, a kitchen in one of the front areas, a crafting area in one of the back corners.

You may be able to take some ideas from this house

LadyKeroOfAtl

UO Homes & Castles News Reporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Found these online.. Posted by CharGar

I also think it's really pretty when players use a ladder to get to the corner roof areas and make it a garden.
Campions look pretty good on the stone.

Omnius

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Decorating Castles is by far the hardest task. The sheer floor space is obnoxious, the lack of doors is bothersome, and the difficulty in defining "rooms" becomes more bother than challenge.