• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Decor above sacrificial altars, no longer working?

Blackie

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Many years ago on the bottom floor of my keep, back(N) wall of one of the corners, I had a sacrificial altar facing south. Above the altar I had several typical shipwreck metal storage chests and it fit the area nicely. The bottom part of the altar makes a nice looking base for a counter or shelf, and it's functional.

Today, in trying to replicate that setup in the exact same spot, I find it's literally impossible to have an altar against that back wall facing south AND have anything above it.

- Raise altar on gozas (tried, cannot be done)
- Turn altar into place (tried, cannot be done on back wall facing S)
- Raise chests and place altar underneath afterwards (tried, cannot be done anymore, altar will not place)

The ONLY way I have been able to have any item floating above a sacrificial altar is to offset the chests one tile forward and raise them to make them *look* like they are above the altar, but they aren't(not practical, can't access chests) or to raise an item through the floor from a floor below(not possible on the bottom floor).

Has anyone figured out how to solve this and get things above a sacrificial altar? If so, how did you do it? Altars apparently need the entire vertical area wherever they are placed.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Did you try placing what you want over it on the floor above and then lowering it?
You might also try somehow with a pouch and axing it.

Kas Althume

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Have you tried putting the chests into a pouch and raise that one? It's a non blocking object and should allow the placement of the altar. When done just axe the pouch and raise the chests as required.

Blackie

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
You can't put something on the floor above and bring it down(I tried), it will not pass through the floor it's on.

As far as I know you cannot axe a pouch and all of the chests or crates that you can axe block stuff. I've tried a few.

This used to be doable, now you can't even raise gozas 1 tile off the floor without getting the cannot place message and you need the entire space above to be free....

But I did this once, I know it can be done, unless they broke the method somehow.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Bags are not axable... but the small pouch far as I know is... it's what I use often.

Zeke

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Bags are indeed axable, I do it all the time. They can't be locked down when you do it but you can axe them.

Kas Althume

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've just tried pouches yet again and they are still axable. Put your items in a pouch, lock it down. Place the altar. Raise the pouch some tiles. You can do that even before placing the altar. Release the pouch and axe it. Then lock the items down and raise/lower them, until the deco fits.