• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

decoded maps

tehfloof

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I just inhereted hundreds of high level maps from an idoc but some are already decoded and can't be. Used. I heard they will reset after 30 days. Is this true?

cdavbar

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If your template includes ALWAYS keeping carto on it then you can use them, anyone with GM carto can read an already decoded map. If you decode your maps then stone carto for skill swaping then you must wait until the maps reset which should be soon.

If you dont want to wait you can always throw them on a vendor PEOPLE WILL buy them, or you can just toss em in a bag, go to brit library and turn em in.

Reguardless of what you do it is always wise to save em up AFTER youve dug the treasure and turn em in for points.

I strongly urge you to configure your template to include carto for now to get the maps outta the way. Once they reset they will have random locations and will no longer correspond to the THB rune library or the THB treasure maps.

Good Luck!

tehfloof

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If your template includes ALWAYS keeping carto on it then you can use them, anyone with GM carto can read an already decoded map. If you decode your maps then stone carto for skill swaping then you must wait until the maps reset which should be soon.

If you dont want to wait you can always throw them on a vendor PEOPLE WILL buy them, or you can just toss em in a bag, go to brit library and turn em in.

Reguardless of what you do it is always wise to save em up AFTER youve dug the treasure and turn em in for points.

I strongly urge you to configure your template to include carto for now to get the maps outta the way. Once they reset they will have random locations and will no longer correspond to the THB rune library or the THB treasure maps.

Good Luck!
Thanks. My intent was to sell them, but i wasn't sure if othe rpeople could read. thanks for the clarification.

L

Lokida

Good Luck!
I didn't know about this who do you turn them into cdavbar?

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
The NPC on the top floor bottom right corner (SE) (between the fisher and the thief).

cdavbar

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Second Floor of library. the NPC accepts new, decoded, and finished maps so its always best to do them first.

L

Lokida

This is great to know, you always see some TH'er leaving his/her calling card laying around. I'm gonna scoop em up for now on and turn mine in.

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
You can also turn in completed maps

cdavbar

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This is great to know, you always see some TH'er leaving his/her calling card laying around. I'm gonna scoop em up for now on and turn mine in.
Yes yes yes lol ill be out doing a map and find tons of them that people just drop to show "XXXXXXX" was here. Those library points add up off of these peoples finished maps.

P

Peetra

Hello all, new here. Question: What kind of points are we talking about when one turns in maps at the Library?

cdavbar

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There is a friends of the library quest you must do. Once you do that quest you can turn in items and different things to different NPCs in the West Brit Library. THese points in turn build up. After you build them up you can redeem them for special deco, Armour, weapons etc.

Given the items cost a lot of points and can take a while to build up but it is ALWAYS worht the time to turn in completed maps because they do add up after a while, especially if you are big into thunting!