decoded map question

• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!
M

Maximilliean

Does the person that decodes the map need to be the same person that digs it up? In other words, can I give a level 5 map to a GM Cartograper, have him/her decode it, then I go dig up the chest (after of course they give me the map back)?

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Jul 16, 2003
Southeastern Kentucky
home.kih.net
Yes and no....

The digger CAN dig up maps decoded by others, BUT!!!

The digger STILL has to have the required cartography to decode the map themselves, for level 3 and higher maps (maybe even level 2 as well). Level 1 maps can be dug by anyone after they are decoded. Unsure of level 2s.

Only if you decode the map yourself, then soulstone off Cartography, can you dig a high-level map without cartography on your character.

M

MoneyMaker

Great question!
Been wondering the same thing myself. I love doing level 6 maps, but hate having to hop between chars to take care of the spawn.
Oh well I guess I will just have to keep hopping.
Thanks for the info Basara. :thumbsup:

M

Maximilliean

Thanks Basara. Ok so how's this for a no soulstone Treasure Hunter?

GM Cart
GM LP
GM Magery
GM Fishing
110 Taming
110 Lore
GM Vet

M

MoneyMaker

looks like a good temp, to me.
nice to see that you worked magery in there for the invis and recalls.
might wanna add honor virtue after you finish him, for taming some damage absorbing pets.
make a very good solo t-hunter/fisher.
Before it is asked: I have no idea if honor will work to keep t-chest spawn off ya when it pops. (be nice if anyone else knows, to comment on this thread about it)
good luck!