• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

(Player Event) December With Kringle

Kringle

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
I fear the 'Legends Events' forum is checked less frequently, and stories continued at a slower pace. For that reason, I am adding this here as well.

For those who need to plan their month out in advance, unless ms. Avalon plans anything that would interfere, this is the schedule of evenings I have set aside to spend together:

December 2nd: Seed distribution, and name swap for Secret Santa
December 4th: Box decorating for anyone who wishes to participate (gifts will be distributed to anyone who decorates)
December 9th: We'll build snowmen! (gifts will be distributed to everyone, and snowmen kits will be distributed)
December 11th: Postponed due to extreme weather
December 14th: We're going to be building forts. (gifts will be distributed to anyone who participates)
December 15th: I need help getting presents ready, and professional dyers will be needed. (gifts will be distributed to anyone who participates)
December 16th: Bring a pet! (gifts will be distributed to anyone who participates)
December 18th: We're sailing off in search of the island of misfit toys! - This is not safe for children! -
December 21st: Postponed for Avalon's scheduled Sky Bears
December 22nd: We'll have a giant snowball fight! (gifts will be distributed to anyone who participates)
December 28th: We'll have one final meeting, and exchange our Secret Santa gifts!

If you have any questions, feel free to ask me.

Last edited:

Kringle

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
December 2nd Summary
To anyone who was unable to attend on Monday, my latest invention M.A.K.S. (Manufacturer of all Kinds of Stuff) made its first public appearance. Some small gifts were distributed, and everyone was given a quick rundown of the month's festivities.

Someone pressed M.A.K.S.' button:
MAKS.png
Unfortunately, there was not enough interest in the Secret Santa, so it has been scrapped for this year. Also, because there is no occasion to perform for this year, we will not be caroling this year. Previous years' Caroling Sheet Music is still available to anyone who requests it. Everyone's Favorites such as "Carol of the Bears", "Jingle Bears", and "Miko Baby". Also available is dye manufacturing - just bring me the plant you want converted.

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Unfortunately, playing on week days is pretty much impossible for me nowadays, or I would have been there. :(
Given that most of the planned events happen on week days, I am afraid I will miss most of them. I will see what I can do, though.

Kringle

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
December 4th Summary
This evening everyone had about an hour to decorate a box. Everyone received a fantastic participation gift, one one person received the "Snowmason" war hammer (the night's 'unique' gift, if you can call it as such).

Below are some of the entries, and more will follow.

Walt Disney's
Walt.png

Ms. Persephone's
Persephone.png

Misanthopy's
Misanthopy.png

Madam Emma's
Emma.png

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
(seems there's an echo in here)

could hear Seph muttering while looking for materials, but she was smiling, too - great fun, Kringle and we look forward to all the events you have lined up!

Kringle

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Important December 9th News:

Apologies for not being able to inform everyone earlier, but tonight will begin at 8:30 pm EST. It will not be an on-going 'done at the end of the hour' meeting.
Rather, it will behave similar to a 'scavenger hunt' (for those of you familiar with such things). We will be meeting at our usual gathering hall: the Community Center in Skara Brae.

Instructions will be given out at 8:30, and you may begin as soon as you heartell the first clue.

Kringle

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
December 9th Summary
The lack of snowmen this year has convinced me I'll need to pay a visit to the Snowmaker - who is traditionally responsible for such things. The 'unique gift' - if one can call it such - was a solid piece of "Sharpened Ice". Unfortunately, the Snowmaker is very particular about who he'll grant an audience; one must don only the finest when speaking with him. He left me a single clue, and thanks to some wonderful hunters, I was able to decipher the rest.

1st Clue:
South East the Mines,
North West the Sea
Beneath the Dead
Is Where You'll Find Me

2nd Clue:
The Council of Mages
In the City of Pride
Infested with Daemons
But Mysteriously Survived

3rd Clue:
Deep in the Mountain
Inside of the Mine
Speak there of Cottontail
The Next Clue You'll Find

4th Clue:
Across the Bridge
Within the Tower
On the Lowest Level
At the Seventh Hour

5th Clue:
On Verity Isle
Mariah did Wander
Anwar Now Watches
Where the Clue is Under

Last edited:

Kringle

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Important December 14th News:

On December 14th we will be building forts. For this, we will divide into 2 teams. Each team will need at least one tamer and one carpenter. Other professions you may find helpful are lumberjacking, herding, magery, and tinkering.

The two teams will be team "Heat Miser" and team "Cold Miser" - team captains will be picked the 14th, then they may pick their teams.

We will meet at our traditional setting in Skara Brae, but we will be mobilize to where we are building soon thereafter.

Last edited:

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
December 9th Summary
The lack of snowmen this year has convinced me I'll need to pay a visit to the Snowmaker - who is traditionally responsible for such things. The 'unique gift' - if one can call it such - was a solid piece of "Sharpened Ice". Unfortunately, the Snowmaker is very particular about who he'll grant an audience; one must don only the finest when speaking with him. He left me a single clue, and thanks to some wonderful hunters, I was able to decipher the rest.

1st Clue:
South East the Mines,
North West the Sea
Beneath the Dead
Is Where You'll Find Me

2nd Clue:
The Council of Mages
In the City of Pride
Infested with Daemons
But Mysteriously Survived

3rd Clue:
Deep in the Mountain
Inside of the Mine
Speak there of Cottontail
The Next Clue You'll Find

4th Clue:
Across the Bridge
Within the Tower
On the Lowest Level
At the Seventh Hour

5th Clue:
On Verity Isle
Mariah did Wander
Anwar Now Watches
Where the Clue is Under
Was a fun, excellent event! You guys need to attend some of Kringle's events, this is the best stuff since the shard Olympics!

Kringle

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Important December 11th Notice

Our meeting will unfortunately need to be postponed because of some very harsh weather conditions, and the missus would not have me travel is such a storm. We will meet again on December 14th, where we will be building forts. Please see my prior announcement so you are prepared.

Kringle

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
December 14th Summary

This evening, Avalon was kind enough to open a gate to some wide open space for us to build forts. Two teams were formed, and tasked with creating the biggest fort, and herding the most animals inside within an hour.

It was a close competition - Green Team created a huge fort (too long to take a good picture!), but did not dedicate enough resources to herding. Blue team had a smaller fort, but manage to pack roughly 125 animals inside.

Ultimately, factoring in the fort size and color bonuses, Blue team won the night beating out Green team by roughly 30 points. Lord Arwen wound up taking home the night's 'unique gift' (if it can be called as such) of the "Bloodwood Reaper"

Picture of the forts and their animals (as much as I could) can be found following this.

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Lord Arwen
*snickers* See what happens when you take too much time off from game?!?!

And was yet another fun night, of a different variety. I'm loving the "kill this, get that" cycle being broken. Looking forward to whats next =)