• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Decaying Fel Castle

G

What a load of bs. I was camping this and then a homosexual named Crest Lavender came and refreshed it.

_____

Thanks @ Nico and Petra

edit'd so as not to cause offence..

G

What a load of bs. I was camping this and then a homosexual named Crest Lavender came and refreshed it.

_____

Thanks @ Nico and Petra

edit'd so as not to cause offence..

Crest Lavender

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well Meet everybody,

first of all thanks a lot to all you kind people making sure i know about
the decaying castle and hence giving me the oportunity to camp ... erm,
refresh it

*bows to Lady Nico*
*gives Petra a big hug*
*jumps on Trevs lap leaving him laying on his back with sand in his ears*
*gives Zole a true manly pat on his .... shoulder*
*blows Slip a wink with a kiss on the cheek*

Sorry to all who may had an eye on the spot or the loot, but be asured that the
items inside only have sentimental value and that even almost only for me - and
i am sure there are other nice spots for your castle out there.

Zole: i would still prefer to be named as gay by you, because i know how much love you put in that word normally (and furthermore it reflects on my lifestyle in
general and not reducing me to my sexual orientation :p)
Additional to that you havent earned the right to use the other term yet :p
(tz tz - big strong PK like you and afraid to enter a castle without at least half
[I-C] to protect you from a little crafter ;P)

Trev - where had your post gone? Brought some smile on my face as well - but
unfortunately the only Hax i know nowadays is the help of fiends - wich is of
course the 1337est hax of all time

And @ all: be warned - i may haunt the lands more often now again

yours all

G

My Felly shack is a screen or two east of yours. While I do certainly indulge in a little opportunistic idoccing from time to time, I only noticed the decay status as I was looking for the services of a healer.

Thanks to Petra & zole for being able to contact you. Truthfully, I'm just glad you were able to refresh, Crest.

<blockquote><hr>

And @ all: be warned - i may haunt the lands more often now again

[/ QUOTE ]This can only be considered a good thing!

G

Your suggestion is certainly fine by me, THP. It is worth noting, however, it is not my decision.

G

Its hardly going to hurt anyone is it??

No co-ords allowed just name of the owner and the facet..

It can only help some former player get there old house refreshed if they have simply forgot about uo for a while , maybe a freind will see there name and remeber the player and email or icq em etc etc, i would certainly be miffed if i logge in after not playing for 3 months or more to find all my own stuff gone!!

Warning your Europa House is Falling!!

Y

Yewish News

I don't see how it's community spirit to help those who are not paying for their accounts and therefore not part of the community to keep said houses. It's far better to post co'ods so those PART of the community can benefit.

And my motive is not greed before anyone suggests, I own enough real estate as it is.

G

You make sure that you drop by the forge occasionally and say "Hi" as well - I haven't seen you since the wedding!

G

I am so glad your place was saved Crest and it's darn good to see you posting back on the forum, you should make it a habit!

<blockquote><hr>

Crest is cool.

[/ QUOTE ]

Beyond words, one of the nicest people anyone would ever want to know, Cool is only the beginning of what a great guy Crest is!

G

<blockquote><hr>

I don't see how it's community spirit to help those who are not paying for their accounts and therefore not part of the community to keep said houses. It's far better to post co'ods so those PART of the community can benefit.

And my motive is not greed before anyone suggests, I own enough real estate as it is.

[/ QUOTE ]

I disagree.... Crest for instance has made a very good name in the Europa community for many years.. ok so he doesn't play as much anymore, does this mean due to maybe RL he got so busy he forgot to pay is UO account and deserves to lose not just things he has built up but things that mean alot to him but would be non important to others? No way... People like Crest have made not only "ingame" good friends but really good "RL" friends such as our wonderful Zole with his great one of a kind wording of things and the fact he has a great sense of humor

Petra, Barian, Crest, Zole and many others have known each other ingame and outside of it for a very long time, now that far surpass's community and shows no greed but geniune concern for those who have been a part of Europa for a very long time (even if they don't get to play nearly as much as others or have to take a break due to RL)

I personally applaud everyone involved in helping Crest save his castle... kudo's to you for showing a genuine concern and going out of your way to help such a great person.

G

Crest can make animals out of baloons.

Anyone's castle is worth saving for that!

G

Community is more than playing together or whatever.

I generally PVP when i play uo. I've experienced all parts that UO has to offer, and thats the part I enjoy the most.

Crest is a crafter.

Oh sure, he has a wimpy little macer who can maybe kill an ogre lord with the right weapon, but just as in real, he sucks.

Remember when people would have their "Alignment" in their profile? Like "Good" or "Chaotic/Evil" or whatever? Crest would have "Stupidly nice". I would have "While you were reading this your hp has fallen to 0".

We're basically opposites.

Our friendship has not been based around playing together, but chatting on boards, irc and IM. We did some events together but other than that we would rarely be doing the same thing when playing.

UO is one of the few mmo's where you can be part of a community without playing. Most wow players can only talk to wow players. They play full screen, they often dont read irc or respond to MSN's for a long time. They're too busy for boards.

UO is best for communities. Whether you're paying for an account or not, you can still be friends with the people you've met in UO. The guild i'm in (I-C), almost all of us do not play uo. Some have not played for YEARS.

We can jump back into UO and there will always be some people who remember us, even if it's in a negative light. That's a community. IMO There isn't another game who can come close to uo re. communities. I've seen people and said "hey weren't you in such and such guild like 5 years ago?". or recognised a friends alt, even though i've seen them play it once.

This was a really badly structured post. My brain is trying to convert to thinking in Japanese, and they structure things very differently). I hope you guys could understand it.

UO is still crap for pvp atm.

Crest Lavender

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
very good post, Zole

apearantly the attempt of your brain to (quote)"... convert to thinking ..."(/quote) is quite en achievement for you, even if its japanese!

Seriously - i am very flattered about all these nice posts - but i agree with the
community-description Zole and Firebird gave - i am quite a veteran in online
communities and i never experiences something like the uo-community in another
game- or other interest-driven community.
And also, if i may add this, such a diversity - wich i think is just great - all you people ae part of this - so you all should be proud of that!

Kudos to you all

Yours

Y

Yewish News

I'm just glad we saved the property of another absentee landlord! All these empty and unused properties do wonders for the community.

Though in fairness I think this game is to far gone for it to matter, but the point remains.

G

Although I can only actually be in one at any given time, I do have (and make full use of) three properties.

I can easily imagine someone drawing the inaccurate conclusion that any one (or even all of) my houses were unoccupied, unpaid for, unused, or just plain unloved. I see known idoccers wandering by regularly. *shrugs*

I don't imagine for a moment that your beef is with Crest Lavender personally, but rather the state of UO generally. If it helps, I have, in fact, seen Crest Lavender's char wandering around inside his house long after he refreshed it.

G

See the Felluca Ice keep owned by Phoenix Souljah that was deep into decay as been also REFRESHED !! No idea if the post saved it or not but damn sure it can only be a good thing that someone as paid fo there account again - even if its once per 3 week!!!

So another one saved methinks!!!

On a Sadder note devs please please please can we have a 2nd housing scan (bigfall day 2!!)soon to get rid of the 100% obvious ''old bugged houses'' with ''no name'' that have stood forever unpaid and that for some reason got missed out form the orginal bigfall day

G

It's always easy to judge others in their absence.

I'd been too skint to justify paying both accounts at once a while back, so I'd play 1 while watching the other's house. Needless to say the week I was too busy to logon and check was the week Dreamstone lost her tavern. I'd mistaken the date I needed to reactivate by. I'm sure the person who looted it was very happy that I did. First and only time I've cried about a game was logging in and finding a box where my home should be

I was taking chances, but I couldn't pay the account had I wanted to, and I lost the best part of 8 years of belongings. Handing that particular house to a friend was too risky (a mutual friend lost everything when someone we'd known and trusted for 2 years mistook "house sitter" for "house trader" lol) so I tried my luck. Had I not had some things stored on my other account, I'd have been cleaned out entirely. I'd certainly have appreciated a call to say "your house is decaying"

Did the buildings I had get used by the community while I was away? Nah. The tavern was nabbed then I got given the plot back I guess after he sold the loot. I didn't ask. The plot was more important to me than the loot by that point, I just wanted the tavern back. The other spot was occupied by a trial account belonging to a castle camper :p He tried offering to buy me out then when that failed the account popped and I got the spot again.

I actually get angry not at people who are absent with houses, but those who hogg up ground with castles. They're seriously cool to look at, but oh my they're land grabbers. Pity we don't have the tardis effect in UO really, I try to like them but I can't

Wenchy