• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Discussion] Deca's Lantern museum and Lucky Lock Lotto!

Decadence

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I just opened Decadence's Lantern museum, although it still needs a lot of work, and some lanterns are still on other shards waiting to come home. ON ATLANTIC

I have also started a little game called Deca's Lucky Lock Lotto! I have an awesome "Magic Cudgel" prize up at the moment, and plan to put up multiple games on different floors with different prizes. How to play: Basically Buy keys on any of the 5 npcs surrounding the table,try them on the box, if you have the key that will unlock and lock the box you win. The key can be on any of the 5 NPCS. The game goes on until either all keys or sold, or the prize is claimed. Please check upper floors often as I will eventually put in more games with more prizes. Yes thieves can open the lockbox, that is why you MUST TURN IN THE CORRECT KEY to me, and only me, Decadence [=$=] <---- note guild abbrev, and I carry a unique " I kill because I care" necro book. You are responsible for the key, if it is lost, stolen, or copied on you, that is your loss. I am assuming it is possible for multiple keys to have the same code and open the box, but highly unlikely. In this event, it is the chance of the game. Before buying keys, please check that the magic lockbox and prize is still there, I will remove these items if the prize is claimed.

Also the museum may be locked especially at night near server down time. I will lock it before I go to bed, and reopen at my discretion. I apologize for this inconvenience but it keeps cheaters out.

Also I do not know where the key is, and didn't know when I filled the vendors, so don't look to me for influence on which vendor to pick, where to look, patterns etc. I mixed the winning key into the mix and put them randomly on the vendors. I did retain a copy of the key in order to relock the box should any thieves lockpick it. It may take up to 48 hours for me to respond when you contact me for your prize. Please be patient, I have a life, and can not watch the game 24-7. Please icq me if you win, call in game for me (this may take longer) as people in game to contact me, place a note in my mailbox outside the museum with directions on how to contact you for your prize.

If you win, you will be announced, winners are not anonymous. If any of my friends win the prize, once again I do not know where the winning key is, everyone has a fair chance, my friends may win due to hanging out with me in my house, and buying more keys out of boredom. It would be purely chance.

I hope to put in bigger and better prizes and also lower prizes for cheaper key prices, all this will take time, please be patient.

THERE IS A GUARANTEED WINNER FOR EACH GAME RUN, The winning key IS on one of the 5 vendors...If by chance someone doesn't claim their prize in 2 weeks after all keys are sold, for some strange reason, like insanity, loss of key etc, then the prize might be put up again.

I hope everyone has fun!!!

Last edited:

Decadence

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Oh and this is my first run, so please bear with me!

Last edited:

Tangled Metal

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just curious, but how does one receive the prize? Is the security set to anyone so that once it is unlocked the item can be removed?

Decadence

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Great question =) The answer is no, thieves and I think* magic unlock? can lockpick the box. And they have!! Inside the box is just a book locked down that says something like "Congratulations, you either won, or lockpicked this box. Only if you have the key that can lock and unlock the box are you a winner ... blah blah " I have retained a copy of the winning key to lock the box back up, which I have been doing.

Basically you have to turn in the key that can lock and unlock the box to prove you have won. I test the key, the key works I will retrieve the prize locked down on the table and give it to you. =) Thanks for your interest! I'm watching this run and seeing how it goes to see if I need to adjust the way the game works. Eventually I want to have multiple floors with different prizes, even prizes worth 1b!!! So fun!

Please let me have feedback and bear with me while I figure out what works best to get everyone to play play play (without bankrupting me in the process! ) With the way this game is setup, it is possible for someone to win riight away and then I'd have no profit (lose profit) on an item that could potentially go up to a bil. Or I could make more than the item is worth if it takes a long time. So we shall see, the game might change if I find a better way.

G'luck and have fun !!!

Last edited:

Decadence

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I have decided to try to lower the price on the keys for this particular game, try and encourage more players ^_^ the keys may be higher on other games for higher valued rare prizes. Have fun and happy key hunting!

Last edited:

SixUnder

Legendary Assassin
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Note: i saw the cudgel, lol.. sorry about that..i dont know what its worth, have to research, not really my type of item.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2mil a pieces.. 5 vendors at 125 items...

if all keys were bought thats 1.25 billion....

too pricey when you cant see the winning object.. need to know what we are trying to get..

we could be getting junk, and dont know it, yet your making a bil + on us.

i like the idea, either show the item, or lower the prices....only way people will buy tons of keys..

Last edited:

Decadence

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Note: i saw the cudgel, lol.. sorry about that..i dont know what its worth, have to research, not really my type of item.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2mil a pieces.. 5 vendors at 125 items...

if all keys were bought thats 1.25 billion....

too pricey when you cant see the winning object.. need to know what we are trying to get..

we could be getting junk, and dont know it, yet your making a bil + on us.

i like the idea, either show the item, or lower the prices....only way people will buy tons of keys..
Yeah, I'm a little confused... you can see the magic cudgel because it is locked down on the table. You are supposed to see it =) And the book also locked down on the table says "The prize is a magic cudgel" These games are completely open about what the prize is...

as far as the 1.25 b this is a gamble on my part as well... if I put a prize down that is worth 500m and someone gets the key right off, I lose out. But if luck has it that I sold most of the keys (highly doubt it would come down to the last one) I make more profit--but then the next prize I can always lose out on, lets say I win big many keys sold, I made a good profit, then the next prize I put out is 800 1b and someone gets the key right off the profit is a buffer for my next loss.

But we shall watch and see how these games go =) I certainly don't want to go bankrupt should the key be found early on, which is why I have multiple vendors to cushion the odds. Things may change on the game depending on the outcomes.

Thanks for your comments ^_^

Caveat Emptor

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ummm This may have already been discussed, but the Prize for the winner is Sitting on the Table in plain sight....
as for the price of the Keys... if someone gets lucky and buys the winning key on the 1st key... Deca makes 2million on the lotto... the only way Deca would get 1.2billion would be if the winning key wasnt randomly picked till the very last key....
Its a Great concept either way... which is why the Lotto in the real world does sooooooo well. someone is going to spend only 2mil gold and get lucky... and win a great prize, for next to nothing... while others will spend a little and get nothing... and if Deca is super lucky she Might sell enough keys to make a profit on the item if the winning key isnt picked early...

Its an awesome idea... but a pain in the butt to do... and dont forget that Deca is paying Vendor fees on all those keys EVERYDAY...
Shes just trying to help the little guys have a chance at decent rares.... I have purchased 8 keys so far... maybe I will get lucky some day... Cus I Never get lucky at the EVENTs, cus i am not a top Damager or healer... People Should support this idea, before she changes her mind!!!

Decadence

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Ummm This may have already been discussed, but the Prize for the winner is Sitting on the Table in plain sight....
as for the price of the Keys... if someone gets lucky and buys the winning key on the 1st key... Deca makes 2million on the lotto... the only way Deca would get 1.2billion would be if the winning key wasnt randomly picked till the very last key....
Its a Great concept either way... which is why the Lotto in the real world does sooooooo well. someone is going to spend only 2mil gold and get lucky... and win a great prize, for next to nothing... while others will spend a little and get nothing... and if Deca is super lucky she Might sell enough keys to make a profit on the item if the winning key isnt picked early...

Its an awesome idea... but a pain in the butt to do... and dont forget that Deca is paying Vendor fees on all those keys EVERYDAY...
Shes just trying to help the little guys have a chance at decent rares.... I have purchased 8 keys so far... maybe I will get lucky some day... Cus I Never get lucky at the EVENTs, cus i am not a top Damager or healer... People Should support this idea, before she changes her mind!!!
Thanks but get to bed!! you work in what a couple of hours??? =p

:heart:

Last edited:

Decadence

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
A bug was reported from one of the lotto players (thank you Caveat) ... That one of the keys he had purchased was saying "That key is unreachable, when trying on the box.) We thought he might have won, and the box was too high, but when I took the box down tried the key with the box in my bag, it said "That can not be copied." I realized what was going on. I had taken a shortcut and bought some keys from the tinker shop. These keys are blank, so that they will say "unreachable" when the box is locked down, or can not be copied in the bag. I am checking all of the keys as we speak, and am removing all blank keys. If I miss any though and you see the message "That key is unreachable" note that you have not won. I apologize for the inconvenience... Once again this is a learning process...

Thank you all for playing! Gluck!

PS. Oh and my removal of these keys only ups your chances to win!! Yay:danceb:

Update: Removed the Blank keys, tested all keys, made sure winning key was still in there. Once again if you do find a blank key or key that says "unreachable" please disregard, it is not the winning key. The winning key will be able to open and close the box. I also have removed some of the keys to up the chances of winning. Thanks and GLuck

Last edited:

Apetul

Rares Fest Host | LS April 2011
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Right after the server message "server is going down" comes up, whatever you do between that message and when the server does disconnect you doesnt get saved. Thats aprox 4-5 minutes. So thats means, anyone could buy keys in that period and try them on the box just to figure which key is the winner. Since these 4-5 mins arent saved in the shard, whoever did that never spent 2m per key but now he knows which one he needs to buy in order to win.
Next step is to log in again when server comes up.. buy the right key and claim the prize.

A way to prevent this is to remove the box (or the keys on the vendor) during that time.

Lord Lew

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hence the comment that the museum would be locked before server down and opened up when she wakes up. She's pretty smart ;). Double check your house for hidden cheaters tho!!!

Just realized that locking doors won't work. You're going to have to put the box away nightly, as a bug exists to enter a locked public house. I witnessed it man times on the RTB idoc greed rush.

Decadence

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
ty Caveat had informed me of this, he's a great tester! hehe I have been removing the box, thank you for the heads up ! :heart:

And ty Apetul for trying to warn me ^_^

Last edited:

Decadence

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Removed a ton more keys ! Your chances of winning are even better!!!!!

Decadence

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
My apologies, someone pointed out to me that I had forgotten to unlock my door 2 days in a row, I will try to stay on top of that, I have also taken out one more vendor full of keys, that leaves way less keys, your chances are getting higher and higher at winning!!

Decadence

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Congratulations! Caveat Emptor!! He has won the Magic Cudgel! He has been steadily buying keys in hopes of winning, and finally he has!! YAY!

Thank you, everyone who has played. I was hoping that the game would be a bit more popular than it has, and I will take some time thinking about the rules and coming up with a good prize in case I wish to do another game.

Thanks again for playing!
-Deca

Adeka

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Congrats Caveat! And thank you Deca for setting up and running this fun game! I for one hope you decide to do another! ;)

Decadence

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Thank you Adeka, it was very fun. I am trying to think of a way that would get people more excited. I found it strange that people were swarming around a crate lotto put out by some random guy (no clue if he had actual prizes or all junk in those crates) and buying 1m crates like popping candy, and yet not as many were willing to shell out 2m for a chance at a real rare worth over 100m (sold highest at 500m). I get the instant gratification thing, but I had my doubts as to the legitimacy from the unknown vendor out in the middle of nowhere.

I am planning to do some crate lotto's for some fun when I collect a bunch of smaller value rares for them, but I still was hoping to have exciting prizes, prizes that are really high up there in value.

We shall see ^_^

Last edited: