• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Debuffing Frost Mite for Corgul fights

Elessar

Journeyman
UNLEASHED
I am building a frost mite that I can use only for Corgul.

I run 4 accounts:
  1. A 4x bard who just stands there playing both provo songs
  2. A tamer bard (peace) with a sturdy Chiv/AI triton
  3. Another tamer bard (discord) also with a sturdy Chiv/AI triton
  4. A weaver tamer, who will be running this frost mite
I'm wanting to try a frost mite because it has 92 cold resist, so it will almost completely ignore 30% of Corgul's damage. I have trained poison resist to 80, so it should be able to shrug off a great deal of Corgul's damage altogether. It gets hairy running 3 pets at once, so I'm wanting this pet to be debuffing and hopefully not taking a ton of damage. I'll be discording between characters 1 and 3 above, so discord is taken care of.

I'm planning to use rune corruption, of course. I'm wondering if I should pair it with Armor Pierce, or just leave RC all by itself. From the excellent uo-cah website, it looks like RC procs on hits, so if the pet only has RC it seems like it will be leaving something on the table. I'm wondering if AP is the right ability to pair with RC.

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
feint may not be bad instead, maybe use a mageweapon yumi with to apply armour peirce

It would take Archery skill, Tactics, as well as 50+ Bushido to use Armor Pierce with a Yumi. None of his listed templates have that. The Frost Mite would be taking very little damage from Corgul anyways, so no real point in putting Feint on it.
RC+AP (plus the innate Cold Wind) is what i use on my Frost Mite.

Elessar

Journeyman
UNLEASHED
Thanks. I'm really regretting putting poison on my fire beetle with RC/AI; on mobs with poison immunity it keeps trying to poison them over and over again. I would not choose poison again; it detracts from their purpose of debuffing.

I think I will try RC+AP on a frost mite.

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Thanks. I'm really regretting putting poison on my fire beetle with RC/AI; on mobs with poison immunity it keeps trying to poison them over and over again. I would not choose poison again; it detracts from their purpose of debuffing.

I think I will try RC+AP on a frost mite.
Yep. Why i no longer put Poison on any of my Beetles. Against foes with Magery/Mysticism, they almost instantly cure the Poison after a single tick, and against foes that can't cure it, the damage from even Lethal Poison is crap. Not to mention completely worthless against Poison Immune foes. Plus it's hard to make them switch targets when they have Poison ticking on one of them. Not worth detracting from RC and AI/AP use.

Elessar

Journeyman
UNLEASHED
I got a very vivid illustration of the power of RC last night.

Instead of taking my RC beetle, I tried it with a FWW/PB naja instead. My theory was the naja would clear the pirates much faster, and he did. However, the Corgul fight took at least 50% longer. Without RC, my only debuffing was discord - and my damage suffered terribly. My other pets (2 Chiv/AI tritons) were the same as every other time; the only variable was swapping the beetle for the naja.

I wasn't sure how often RC was "going off", so I figured I'd give it a shot. I did kill Corgul eventually, but it took a lot longer. From now on, I will always have an RC beetle with me. I'm training up the RC/AP frost mite now, and am excited to try him out with the rest of my team.