• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Deaths Essence Armor pants dropped in pack

Laura_Gold

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Well, that was nice. I thought that the named armor suit pieces had to be looted.
Miasma, in case you were wondering, killed by Magery Mastery pet.

Laura_Gold

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I've found these things with Miasma or Swoop
Do these things drop from Gnaw or Chiikkaha the Toothed?

Groo

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
As they are named monsters in a mondain's legacy dungeon, it could be possible.
But uoguide does not state it explictly (like Miasma)

Laura_Gold

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
education
I came here because the UOGuide is outdated and/or incomplete.

Outdated:
"They drop to the corpse of the monster killed"
This is no longer the case. I spent all day at Miasma today and got ten items drop-in-pack.
The one-in-300 is no longer the case. The drop rate has increased.

Incomplete:
As mentioned, Gnaw is a named monster. I have spent two nights there and gotten none of the named suit pieces.
Instead of using an "etc." the UOGuide should list all of the named monsters that give these items.

Xare

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Outdated:
"They drop to the corpse of the monster killed"
Where did you see this? I can track down this quote on the ML artifact page, ("Alternatively, Peerless bosses will sometimes drop these artifacts on their corpses.") but not really sure where you saw your quote. Plus it specifically says peerless, which Miasma isn't one of. Just trying to find out what you're seeing that I'm not.

There was this quote, which appears to answer your question, but I'm just guessing. "The [bcolor=rgb(16, 16, 16)]Mondain's Legacy[/bcolor] Minor [bcolor=rgb(16, 16, 16)]Artifacts[/bcolor] are 21 magic items that were introduced to gameplay on August 30, 2005.

They are randomly earned when defeating Named Monsters that reside in the nine Mondain's Legacy Dungeons, and appear directly in a player character's backpack. Sentinel Spider inside the Underworld also drops these artifacts."

As for you spending days on Gnaw, RNG is gonna RNG.

It's funny, the "official" wiki directly contradicts your experience. Artifacts – Item Sets – Ultima Online

So, either continue to use uoguide, which is outdated but still largely accurate, make your own wiki and find people to help, try to get the official one to be accurate, or insult people trying to help. Your choice.

Xare

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Also, great thing you may have missed. Named monsters is hyperlinked to the listing.