• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Death Ray interuptions

adverserath

Visitor
UNLEASHED
When you take damage while focused in Death Ray it cancels the spell. Does or should protection stop the interuption, as it does with standard spell casting? There doesnt seem to be much documentation on the spell, other than it being powerful.

Anon McDougle

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
When you take damage while focused in Death Ray it cancels the spell. Does or should protection stop the interuption, as it does with standard spell casting? There doesnt seem to be much documentation on the spell, other than it being powerful.
Unfortunately anything can interrupt it protection or not

adverserath

Visitor
UNLEASHED
Even if the damage is fully absorbed with Attunement? Reason I'm checking is because DF throws bones when hit, I'm trying to avoid it instantly stopping my Death Ray.

dvv

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
it’s like a trade off for how powerful it is. Annoying I know.

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Everything everytime
Not exactly everything. For example, when a Mystic Captain in Blackthorn's Dungeon corrupts your Mana, making you take damage whenever you expend Mana, it doesn't interrupt the Death Ray channel. Getting Paralyzed by an Assassin Captain's reactive Paralyze doesn't interrupt the channel either (although his Poison ticks will if it's not cured). The reactive Lightning from the Lighthouse/Plunder Beacon doesn't interrupt Death Ray either (LH/Beacons are normally immune to Energy Damage, but Death Ray lowers it to 90% Energy Resist, and a pet's Conductive Blast lowers it even further). The Howl of Cacophany debuff from Monstrous Interred Grizzle, Giant Turkeys, or Bard Captains, along with the Aura of Nausea debuff from Lady Melisande, also does not slow down the Death Ray ticks, they still occur every 3 seconds even though the cast time of all your other spells are drastically slower.

Last edited:

Scott1234

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Another death ray trick — you can lose line of site after the ray starts, and it keeps running if target in range.
eg behind a closed door.