• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Death Ray formula?

hardy-

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
it affect only real skill? or +items work too? anyone have an idea?

zamot

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Anything that comes out of the mastery book uses real skill only.
I believe this is incorrect. You need 90 real skill to activate the masteries, you can use skill increase to reach 120 and get he benefits of 120 in the bard masteries. I have no experience with DeathRay but I would think it would act the same way.

Zalan

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Bard Masteries are from a different system than the new Masteries. The new masteries are suppose to be skill based.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The death ray will be weaker and use more mana if not real 120. They all work like that.

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I believe this is incorrect. You need 90 real skill to activate the masteries, you can use skill increase to reach 120 and get he benefits of 120 in the bard masteries. I have no experience with DeathRay but I would think it would act the same way.
Nope, Masteries are based on Real Skill. I've tested them extensively. This includes the older Bard Masteries.
Death Ray deals damage based on Magery, Eval, and Mastery Level. Death Ray deals Energy Damage, while lowering the victim's Energy Resist by 10, which stacks with anything else that lowers Resists. Anything that lowers an opponent's Energy Resist, such as Discord, Rune Corruption or Conductive Blast, will increase the damage that Death Ray deals. Death Ray now functions with Slayer Spellbooks.

Deadly Serious

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Bard Masteries are from a different system than the new Masteries. The new masteries are suppose to be skill based.
I wouldn't put bard in my signature if I was 2nd rate haha. I literally worked myself to the bone on a unique tamer and sampire template for almost 3 months, I learned you can't get away with literal murder :)

Zalan

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I wouldn't put bard in my signature if I was 2nd rate haha. I literally worked myself to the bone on a unique tamer and sampire template for almost 3 months, I learned you can't get away with literal murder :)
Its a different subject, but I feel truly sorry for the Bards. On the high end stuff bards have been nerfed into oblivion other than supplying buffs.

Deadly Serious

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Its a different subject, but I feel truly sorry for the Bards. On the high end stuff bards have been nerfed into oblivion other than supplying buffs.
Peace Mastery is massively underated as it buffs pet's as well as players, other than that ye main Bard's are very orientated toward group play however their potential with bard set x2 mastery looks game changing in theory, too bad UO isn't a real active game with proper guild fights etc.

I don't get the nerfed to oblivion part as cramming in discord/provo into an almost complete template and using jewels+ to discord/provo is still imo one of the main ways to make PvM a breeze.

Zalan

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I called it nerfed due to a lot of the Boss being immune to bard abilities. Even with 120 bard skills and slayer instruments chance of getting something to work on high end mobs is low.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I called it nerfed due to a lot of the Boss being immune to bard abilities. Even with 120 bard skills and slayer instruments chance of getting something to work on high end mobs is low.
QFT