• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Death and lag

G

goldandblack

Today i put my toe in the WOW water, im a UO addict but decided theres room for more than one game.One thing that concerns me is if you loose connection in WOW are you still "active" in the game world and so able to be killed.Anyone who plays UO will know the feeling of logging back in and you are dead.When logging out of WOW it takes only a few seconds,but i figured loosing con. isnt the same as logging out.Another question concerning death,if you dont get back to your body does it vanish and if so how long do you have to find it.Hope WOWers can help.

B

Blade_Thugluv

No need for Insurance. No worries of losing your stuff when you die. No body decaying before you get back to it and losing all the goodies you forgot to insure. And if you decide to take rez sickness all your items are with you and your fully geared but are in rez sickness for 10mins and take extra damage to your gear which means you need to repair faster. as for lost of con depends on where you are and what you are doing. I would say about 1 out of 40 times i lose con i come back dead.

~Thugluv (Blade in UO on Napa Valley, Sonoma, Lake Austin shards)

G

goldandblack

Just one more thing, if im killed and release my spirit, is there a time limit on how long i can stay a ghost before retracing my body and will my body and stuff remain till i find it.

B

Bud_Weiser

No, it's not like the old days in UO where you had a certain amount of time until you "turned to bones" and then you could be looted by anyone.